Transcript 02/21/08 - Steve McCain

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/21/08 - Steve McCain

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:43 pm

NetFlix Movie Week

Steve McCain
Orlando, FL

$100
Which of these movies starring Leonardo DiCaprio is an adaption of a play by Shakespeare?

A: Titanic B: Gangs of New York
C: Romeo + Juliet D: Much Ado About the Aviator

$200
"Don't eat the car! Not the car! Oh, what am I yelling at you for? You're a dog!" is a line from what Tom Hanks movie?

A: The Money Pit B: Volunteers
C: The 'burbs D: Turner & Hooch

$300
"Gonna Fly Now" is the theme song to what classic 1970s film?

A: Heaven Can Wait B: Rocky
C: A Star is Born D: Paper Moon

$500
Meryl Streep stars as wicked fashion editor Miranda Priestly in what film pictured here?
[Photo of Meryl in sunglasses and a dress with a wide, sunburst-striped collar.]

A: The Nanny Diaries B: The Break-Up
C: The Devil Wears Prada D: The Holiday

Meredith: Going for one thousand movies. One thousand movies? One thousand dollars!

$1,000
In the 1996 movie "The First Wives Club," Ivana Trump delivers the memorable line "Don't get mad," do what?

A: Get everything B: Get furious
C: Get mean D: Get a boy toy

-- Commercial Break --

Steve's favorite movie is Star Wars. Steve is already a subscriber to NetFlix, so they're picking up his subscription cost for the next year. Everyone in the audience is getting a one-year subscription, too.

NetFlix Movie Clip Question
$2,000
What film features Jack Nicholson and Shirley MacLaine in this iconic scene?

[Clip shows Jack riding on the roof of a Corvette convertible as Shirley drives it on a beach into the surf.]
Jack: I see the Gulf of Mexico all day!
Shirley: I'm not enjoying this!
Jack: Give it a chance.
Shirley: I am going to stop!
Jack: Fly me to the moon!

A: Postcards from the Edge B: Prizzi's Honor
C: Terms of Endearment D: The Witches of Eastwick

Steve isn't too sure; he hasn't seen a couple of these movies.

ATA: A: 10% B: 4% C: 83% D: 3%

$4,000
Which of these movies chronicles a Hollywood assistant's revenge on his abusive boss?

A: Timecode B: Swimming with Sharks
C: Living in Oblivion D: Hollywood Shuffle

Steve: Well, it's not Hollywood Shuffle; I've seen that. Living in Oblivion? Okay, I believe Swimming with Sharks had Kevin Spacey in it, about Hollywood agents. I've never seen it. I gonna--I'm a bit of a gambler. I think I'm going to gamble on this one. I'll say B: Swimming with Sharks, final answer.

$8,000
Which of these films depicts a prank known as gnome-napping, in which a garden gnome is stolen and transported to exotic locales?

A: Amélíe B: The Triplets of Belleville
C: The City of Lost Children D: Caché

Steve has seen this movie.

$16,000
In addition to the 2007 thriller "Zodiac," San Francisco's infamous 1960s "Zodiac killer" inspired which of these films?

A: So I Married An Axe Murderer B: Pacific Heights
C: Dirty Harry D: The Conversation

Steve: Okay. See, what I need to ask myself here, Meredith, is if I feel lucky? And I feel lucky! C: Dirty Harry, final answer.

-- Commercial Break --

$25,000
In a memorable scene from "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial," the mischievious alien gets snockered drinking what brand of beer?

A: Pabst Blue Ribbon B: Coors
C: Miller Lite D: Schlitz

Steve has no idea.

PAF: Steve calls his friend, Lisa, whom he asks Meredith to address as "Cult Jam," like Lisa Lisa in the Cult Jam. He paraphrases the question to her.

Cult Jam: I think it's Schlitz. I'm not sure. I haven't been able to--I don't know. I can't remember.

Steve: What's the percentage? A percentage there?

Cult Jam: 30%. I'm--

Steve: That's better than a quarter!

50/50 leaves B & D.

Steve: Hey, this is a once in a lifetime experience. I'm sorry, KJ, I'm really sorry, but I'm going to go with Coors, final answer.

Meredith: Ohhh, you should have listened to her!

Steve: It's Schlitz?

Meredith: It's Coors!

Steve will return on tomorrow's show.

Answers:
$100: C: Romeo + Juliet
$200: D: Turner & Hooch
$300: B: Rocky
$500: C: The Devil Wears Prada
$1,000: A: Get everything
$2,000: C: Terms of Endearment
$4,000: B: Swimming with Sharks
$8,000: A: Amélíe
$16,000: C: Dirty Harry
$25,000: B: Coors

KillerTomato

#2 Post by KillerTomato » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:09 pm

No problems so far.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:24 pm

Nothing but problems so far.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 02/21/08 - Steve McCain

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:30 am

$4K: NFC®. Audience.

$8K: Here goes the PAF.

$16K: San Francisco was the big clue here. Had to be "Dirty Harry".

$25K: It was either PBR or Coors. 50:50 and hope that one of them goes away.
50/50 leaves B & D.
Thank you!

So I'm on an even keel with Steve.

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:14 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $25,000
In a memorable scene from "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial," the mischievious alien gets snockered drinking what brand of beer?

Steve has no idea.

PAF: Steve calls his friend, Lisa, whom he asks Meredith to address as "Cult Jam," like Lisa Lisa in the Cult Jam. He paraphrases the question to her.

Cult Jam: I think it's Schlitz. I'm not sure. I haven't been able to--I don't know. I can't remember.

50/50 leaves B & D.

Steve: Hey, this is a once in a lifetime experience. I'm sorry, KJ, I'm really sorry, but I'm going to go with Coors, final answer.

This was one of Meredith's more annoying fake-outs. He should have listened to his PAF? You mean he should have given the wrong answer? :evil:

And in an ET-related bit of trivia to make us all feel old, Drew Barrymore is 33 today! :shock:

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:55 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Steve McCain
Orlando, FL
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4,000
Which of these movies chronicles a Hollywood assistant's revenge on his abusive boss?

A: Timecode B: Swimming with Sharks
C: Living in Oblivion D: Hollywood Shuffle

Steve: Well, it's not Hollywood Shuffle; I've seen that. Living in Oblivion? Okay, I believe Swimming with Sharks had Kevin Spacey in it, about Hollywood agents. I've never seen it. I gonna--I'm a bit of a gambler. I think I'm going to gamble on this one. I'll say B: Swimming with Sharks, final answer.
No idea for me, so ATA and hope the audience does.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8,000
Which of these films depicts a prank known as gnome-napping, in which a garden gnome is stolen and transported to exotic locales?

A: Amélíe B: The Triplets of Belleville
C: The City of Lost Children D: Caché

Steve has seen this movie.
OK, time to PAF because 50/50 won't help.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
In addition to the 2007 thriller "Zodiac," San Francisco's infamous 1960s "Zodiac killer" inspired which of these films?

Steve: Okay. See, what I need to ask myself here, Meredith, is if I feel lucky? And I feel lucky! C: Dirty Harry, final answer.
This one I knew - the Dirty Harry movies are a guilty pleasure. And I loved Steve's banter as he answered the question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000

Steve has no idea.

50/50 leaves B & D.

I was pretty sure it was Coors since the movie took place out West, where Coors is more popular than the other brands named. I'd probably have gone with the answer without resorting to a lifeline.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Estonut
Evil Genius

#7 Post by Estonut » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:54 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $16,000

NellyLunatic1980 wrote: $16K: San Francisco was the big clue here. Had to be "Dirty Harry".
1) The question didn't say that the film was set in San Francisco, just that it was inspired by events that took place there.
2) All four of these movies were set in San Francisco.