Jeopardy Auditions Reopen

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Jeopardy Auditions Reopen

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:36 pm

This is unusual, but if you're interested in applying for Jeoparday and taking the computer test, you've got another chance this year. Anyone who is eligible to take the test (i.e., you didn't have an audition in the last 18 months) and did NOT take the January test can sign up now for another test to be held at the end of March. Apparently, there were technical difficulties and a number of people couldn't take the test in January. If you registered for the January test but didn't take it, you are eligible for this test without having to re-register, but check with the site to be sure everything went through OK.

Unlike last time, there will only be one test given on March 28 at 9:00 eastern time.

They've already sent out invitations to audition for Washington DC, Philadelphia and Dallas, but you can still register for auditions in DC this go-around (either they'll do a second set of auditions in DC or send invites out really really quick after the March 28 test).
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

MarleysGh0st

Re: Jeopardy Auditions Reopen

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 am

Great! The technical difficulties caused them to shut down the registration process during the week of the test, so that if you hadn't registered in advance of that (as I hadn't) you couldn't take the test.

Now I'm registered!

And let me give a big thank you to TJPTB for recognizing the problem and taking action to make it up to their disappointed loyal viewers, instead of just washing their hands of the technical problem as some other groups of TPTB might have done.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 am

We're in....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:39 am

littlebeast13 wrote:We're in....

lb13
Found it! :lol:

This will win. :mrgreen:

vettech

#5 Post by vettech » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:33 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:

lb13
Found it! :lol:

This will win. :mrgreen:
Why couldn't they have questions like that when I took the test? :roll:

Snaxx

#6 Post by Snaxx » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:18 pm

I hurried to get in before the computers go back down.
---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:33 pm

lb13
Too many mangy rodents! Even in the text! It will not win.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

ten96lt

#8 Post by ten96lt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:33 am

silverscreenselect wrote:This is unusual, but if you're interested in applying for Jeoparday and taking the computer test, you've got another chance this year. Anyone who is eligible to take the test (i.e., you didn't have an audition in the last 18 months) and did NOT take the January test can sign up now for another test to be held at the end of March. Apparently, there were technical difficulties and a number of people couldn't take the test in January. If you registered for the January test but didn't take it, you are eligible for this test without having to re-register, but check with the site to be sure everything went through OK.

Unlike last time, there will only be one test given on March 28 at 9:00 eastern time.

They've already sent out invitations to audition for Washington DC, Philadelphia and Dallas, but you can still register for auditions in DC this go-around (either they'll do a second set of auditions in DC or send invites out really really quick after the March 28 test).
My guess is they might be doing a quick turnaround because the Chicago one isn't until mid May (which is perfect timing for them; right as the NATO event is coming to town!) so I could see the remaining ones getting filled quick after this one test. The college one they said wasn't until the summer so those are probably being postponed.

Buffacuse

#9 Post by Buffacuse » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:34 am

The good news is they're coming to Washington...bored veterans know what the bad news is in my case. Sent them another e-mail suggesting a reunion week for 1st year (1984) alumns (thought it would be interesting to see what happened to everyone's life) or at least let me audition again.

Sigh...but good luck to all the Bored test takers and auditioners...

Jeemie

#10 Post by Jeemie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Great! The technical difficulties caused them to shut down the registration process during the week of the test, so that if you hadn't registered in advance of that (as I hadn't) you couldn't take the test.

Now I'm registered!

And let me give a big thank you to TJPTB for recognizing the problem and taking action to make it up to their disappointed loyal viewers, instead of just washing their hands of the technical problem as some other groups of TPTB might have done.
Um...Marley?

You may have missed it, but when they had their technical glitches with the WWTBAM online test...TPTB rectified it by giving those who couldn't take the original test due to a glitch a second chance.
1979 City of Champions 2009

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 am

Jeemie wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:Great! The technical difficulties caused them to shut down the registration process during the week of the test, so that if you hadn't registered in advance of that (as I hadn't) you couldn't take the test.

Now I'm registered!

Um...Marley?

You may have missed it, but when they had their technical glitches with the WWTBAM online test...TPTB rectified it by giving those who couldn't take the original test due to a glitch a second chance.

Now I haven't exactly been following the show for a decade, but when did WWTBAM ever have an online test...?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

chad1m

#12 Post by chad1m » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:50 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Now I haven't exactly been following the show for a decade, but when did WWTBAM ever have an online test...?
2009, for the 10th Anniversary. You could submit a video audition and if they chose you, you got to take an audition test online similar to one you might see in-person.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014Z7QO26/ref ... 6vb11BJ6JV
Get on a Game Show!, my e-book guide now available on Amazon!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 am

chad1m wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Now I haven't exactly been following the show for a decade, but when did WWTBAM ever have an online test...?
2009, for the 10th Anniversary. You could submit a video audition and if they chose you, you got to take an audition test online similar to one you might see in-person.

I remembered the video audition gimmick, but wasn't aware there was an online test that went with it...

Like I said, I didn't pay much attention (and I was a bit distracted at that time).....

lb13

Jeemie

#14 Post by Jeemie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:30 am

They actually offered it twice- for the 10th annioversary shows, and then once for the 2009 season- I qualified for the latter (my first video attempt for the 10th anniversary shows was hurried and slipshod- my second one was much better planned out).

Anyhow, there were a few people from the first group who couldn't take the test due to a glitch, but that was extremely limited.

The second time they gave the test, the glitch affected a lot more people, so they offered those people (including me) a second chance (actually, even THAT one glitched because it wasn't Mac-capable, so people who had Macs were offered YET ANOTHER opportunity to take the online test).
1979 City of Champions 2009