Amelia Earhart

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Amelia Earhart

#1 Post by christie1111 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:45 pm

I hadn't heard some of this stuff before. Interesting. But the guy is pretty wrapped up in the investigation so he may not be unbiased.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20/re ... ?hpt=hp_t3

What do you think?
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

Re: Amelia Earhart

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:15 pm

An enhanced photo showing the wreckage? It's possible, and it's certainly a simpler explanation for their disappearance than being taken prisoner by the Japanese for being spies, etc.

It would have been nice if that CNN story showed us the photograph, instead of just running stock footage.

Buffacuse

#3 Post by Buffacuse » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Even if she and Noonan became disoriented/lost--they should have had enough fuel left to get to an island. I think they may be on to something here...

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:48 pm

christie1111 wrote:I hadn't heard some of this stuff before. Interesting. But the guy is pretty wrapped up in the investigation so he may not be unbiased.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20/re ... ?hpt=hp_t3

What do you think?

I think she and Jimmy Hoffa are living together...
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

christie1111
11:11

#5 Post by christie1111 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:An enhanced photo showing the wreckage? It's possible, and it's certainly a simpler explanation for their disappearance than being taken prisoner by the Japanese for being spies, etc.

It would have been nice if that CNN story showed us the photograph, instead of just running stock footage.

I was thinking about that but I think they may want to keep the site hidden until their trip. Any photo evidence might help someone beat them to the location.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:21 am

Buffacuse wrote:Even if she and Noonan became disoriented/lost--they should have had enough fuel left to get to an island. I think they may be on to something here...
Says the guy with access to the "Book of Secrets"-so I will take this as pretty solid. When does your window of confidentiality end on Bermuda Trangle, Area 51 and UFO research and other neat stuff?

Vandal
Director of Promos

#7 Post by Vandal » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:52 am

Bones found on a Pacific island belong to Amelia Earhart, analysis claims
Amelia Earhart’s story is revolutionary: She was the first woman to fly alone across the Atlantic Ocean, and might have been the first to fly around the world had her plane not vanished over the Pacific Ocean in 1937.

After decades of mystery surrounding her disappearance, her story might come to a close.

A new scientific study claims that bones found in 1940 on the Pacific Island of Nikumaroro belong to Earhart, despite a forensic analysis of the remains conducted in 1941 that linked the bones to a male. The bones, revisited in the study ‘‘Amelia Earhart and the Nikumaroro Bones’’ by University of Tennessee professor Richard Jantz, were discarded. For decades they have remained an enigma, as some have speculated that Earhart died a castaway on the island after her plane crashed.

The bones were uncovered by a British expedition exploring the island for settlement after they came upon a human skull, according to the study. The expedition’s officer ordered a more thorough search of the area, which resulted in the discovery of several other bones and part of what appeared to be a woman’s shoe. Other items found included a box made to hold a Brandis Navy Surveying Sextant that had been manufactured around 1918 and a bottle of Benedictine, an herbal liqueur.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/ ... 3Afacebook
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster