Transcript 04/20/2012 Dina Carter (1Q contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 04/20/2012 Dina Carter (1Q contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Dina Carter
Edgewater, NJ

She came to the show to see Meredith. Dina will face the question that Kathleen would have had if she hadn't walked away (the category is "Shuttle Rebuttal"). If she gets it right she'll get $2,000 since it's Double Money Week.

As if inspired by the 1998 film "Armageddon," NASA's biggest post-shuttle mission is to send astronauts to a nearby what?
A - planet
B - asteroid
C - moon
D - comet

Dina asks if she can jump the question. She saw the movie a while ago. She makes
Spoiler
C
her final answer.
Spoiler
B (asteroid)

THE END OF GAME "NOISE"

jarnon

Re: Transcript 04/20/2012 Dina Carter (1Q contestant)

#2 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:05 am

Dina may have confused Armageddon (with Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck) with Space Cowboys (2000, with Clint Eastwood and Tommy Lee Jones).
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Dina Carter
Edgewater, NJ

She came to the show to see Meredith. Dina will face the question that Kathleen would have had if she hadn't walked away (the category is "Shuttle Rebuttal"). If she gets it right she'll get $2,000 since it's Double Money Week.

As if inspired by the 1998 film "Armageddon," NASA's biggest post-shuttle mission is to send astronauts to a nearby what?
A - planet
B - asteroid
C - moon
D - comet

Dina asks if she can jump the question. She saw the movie a while ago. She makes
Spoiler
C
her final answer.
Spoiler
B (asteroid)
I guess it wasn't memorable enough.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:40 pm

jarnon wrote:Dina may have confused Armageddon (with Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck) with Space Cowboys (2000, with Clint Eastwood and Tommy Lee Jones).
I thought Space Cowboys was about a mission to a satellite - and only peripherally about the moon (because TLJ's character died and they sent his body to the moon).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

jarnon

#5 Post by jarnon » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 pm

earendel wrote:
jarnon wrote:Dina may have confused Armageddon (with Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck) with Space Cowboys (2000, with Clint Eastwood and Tommy Lee Jones).
I thought Space Cowboys was about a mission to a satellite - and only peripherally about the moon (because TLJ's character died and they sent his body to the moon).
Tommy's character actually dies on the moon. It's the scene I remember best.

Here's what I remember best about Armageddon:
Spoiler
  • Liv Tyler
    Songs "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" and "Leaving on a Jet Plane"
Here's what I remember best about a third similar movie, Deep Impact:
Spoiler
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#6 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:07 pm

earendel wrote:

Yes, the satellite had nukes on it and the satellite was in danger of failing to earth. The design was Clint's and somehow the Russians got them but built it wrong. I think the only way to save the earth was to blast them to the moon but it needed a pilot to guide the satellite. It was convenient that TLJ had incurable cancer. The final song was Fly Me to the Moon.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.