Transcript 02/22/2008 - Steve McCain (carrryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/22/2008 - Steve McCain (carrryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:50 pm

Netflix Movie Week - final day

Steve McCain
Orlando, FL

Steve knows that Netflix is the best way to rent movies because he rented a lot of them in preparation for his appearance. He loves all kinds of movies but Star Wars is his favorite, in fact it defines his life. He has a theory that anyone not impacted by Star Wars is either lying or born without a soul.

Steve has only the STQ lifeline available to him.

$50K - In the first James Bond film, what coy introduction froma woman causes Bond to reply in kind with "Bond...James Bond"?

A - Trench...Sylvia Trench
B - Defour...Corinne Defour
C - Masterson...Jill Masterson
D - Fearing...Patricia Fearing

Steve has an idea - he thinks it's C, but decides to switch the question.

$50K (STQ) - In the 1985 movie "The Breakfast Club," the students are assigned to spend detention writing an essay on what topic?

A - where they went wrong
B - why they are stuck there
C - what they want to be
D - who they think they are

Steve thinks he knows this - The Breakfast Club is the quintessential 80s movie. It's a free guess so Steve makes D his final answer.

$100K - In the 1998 movie "The Horse Whisperer," Robert Redford's character attempts to save a horse with what name?

A - Ranger
B - Bandit
C - Shadow
D - Pilgrim

Steve's goal was $25K; he has $50K and he's happy. He decides to walk away. He would not have guessed the correct answer.

ANSWERS:
$50K - A (Trench...Sylvia Trench)
$50K (STQ) - D (who they think they are)
$100 - D (Pilgrim)

KillerTomato

#2 Post by KillerTomato » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:16 pm

$50K: I'm a huge Bond fan (although primarily the older, Connery movies), so this question is easy for me.

I wouldn't have seen the $50K STQ, but I knew it having seen the movie just after having to answer another Q on The Breakfast Club as PAF a couple of years ago.

Then there's the $100K....Chick Flick Deluxe...never seen it, probably never will. OK, scratch the "probably". I'd ATA if I still had it left, if not, STQ and pray it's not another chick flick.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

silverscreenselect

Re: Transcript 02/22/2008 - Steve McCain (carrryover contest

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:00 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Netflix Movie Week - final day

Steve McCain
Orlando, FL

$50K - In the first James Bond film, what coy introduction froma woman causes Bond to reply in kind with "Bond...James Bond"?

Although all four of these were characters in various Bond films, Jill Masterson is best known as the girl played by Shirley Eaton who wound up being painted gold (and suffocating as a result) in the movie Goldfinger.

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:54 am

$50K: No clue. Switch it.

$50K #2: No clue here either. I would've just guessed B.

I didn't have any clue on the $100K question either.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:12 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Netflix Movie Week - final day
That's a relief.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Steve McCain
Orlando, FL

Steve knows that Netflix is the best way to rent movies because he rented a lot of them in preparation for his appearance. He loves all kinds of movies but Star Wars is his favorite, in fact it defines his life. He has a theory that anyone not impacted by Star Wars is either lying or born without a soul.
How does he mean "affected"? I thought the original trilogy was a ripping good yarn but I haven't been affected in the sense of changing my philosophy of life or anything like that.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K - In the first James Bond film, what coy introduction froma woman causes Bond to reply in kind with "Bond...James Bond"?

Steve has an idea - he thinks it's C, but decides to switch the question.
Bond movies are another guilty pleasure of mine - but only the Connery ones. I've seen many of the others, but they're just not the same.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K (STQ) - In the 1985 movie "The Breakfast Club," the students are assigned to spend detention writing an essay on what topic?

A - where they went wrong
B - why they are stuck there
C - what they want to be
D - who they think they are

Steve thinks he knows this - The Breakfast Club is the quintessential 80s movie. It's a free guess so Steve makes D his final answer.
I wouldn't have seen this because it wasn't in the regular stack; too bad because I'd have known this one.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100K - In the 1998 movie "The Horse Whisperer," Robert Redford's character attempts to save a horse with what name?

A - Ranger
B - Bandit
C - Shadow
D - Pilgrim

Steve's goal was $25K; he has $50K and he's happy. He decides to walk away. He would not have guessed the correct answer.
No idea, but I still have STQ so I use it here and hope for a better question.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:27 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Steve McCain
Orlando, FL

How does he mean "affected"? I thought the original trilogy was a ripping good yarn but I haven't been affected in the sense of changing my philosophy of life or anything like that.
It was all downhill after The Empire Strikes Back.