L.I.P. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
themanintheseersuckersuit

L.I.P. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

#1 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:32 pm

A statement not a benediction, living in Peace, The Lockerbie Bomber.
On August 20, 2009, Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, better known as the Lockerbie Bomber was freed by Scottish authorities on "compassionate grounds" after serving only 8 1/2 years of his life sentence for the terrorist murders of 270 people on Pan Am Flight 103 in 1988. Supposedly, al-Megrahi had "terminal prostate cancer" and had less than three months to live.
The Anti-Obit.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

themanintheseersuckersuit

Re: L.I.P. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi

#2 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun May 20, 2012 6:29 pm

now reported to have assumed room temperature
LONDON — Abdel Basset Ali al-Megrahi, the only man ever convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie bombing, has died in Libya almost three years after he was released from jail in Scotland on the compassionate grounds that he had only three months to live.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.