Swatless Swatty, with a shoutout to chad1m

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

Swatless Swatty, with a shoutout to chad1m

#1 Post by minimetoo26 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:37 am

So, Erin went swimming with her brothers when I was grocery shopping. They didn't put the leave-in conditioner on her hair and comb it out, because that's not something teenage boys think to do. I couldn't detangle it before we headed out to a ball game, so I braided it as best as I could before we left.

So, I tried again with a bunch of deep-conditioner, but no luck. I took her to a stylist, who also had no luck, but was able to pull the matted clump far enough away from her scalp that we could do a layered bob rather than a buzz cut. So now she has shoulder-length hair and not past-her-butt-length hair. No more reins for her.

When we were discussing her haircut, she said "Shay from Figure it Out has short hair." So Chad's sister was a role model for hair!
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

MarleysGh0st

Re: Swatless Swatty, with a shoutout to chad1m

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:54 am

Put conditioner in her hair before she goes swimming? I'd be just as clueless about that as your teenagers. :?

You never put conditioner in their hair before they went swimming, did you? So, like, how were they supposed to know? :P

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 pm

What's conditioner? :P

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Appa23

#4 Post by Appa23 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:Put conditioner in her hair before she goes swimming? I'd be just as clueless about that as your teenagers. :?

You never put conditioner in their hair before they went swimming, did you? So, like, how were they supposed to know? :P
Marley, I am the father of a girl with long hair, and I have never heard of putting conditioner in hair prior to swimming. She does use conditioner after swimming, though, and it helps with the hair not getting tangled for her.

themanwho

#5 Post by themanwho » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:15 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:What's conditioner? :P
What's "hair"?

-M
"I will win BIG on a game show this coming year!" - since gsabc isn't using it any more.

christie1111
11:11

#6 Post by christie1111 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:27 pm

I don't see where it is said that they had to put the conditioner in the hair before swimming.

Obviously she is talking about after they went swimming.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 am

christie1111 wrote:I don't see where it is said that they had to put the conditioner in the hair before swimming.

You see how clueless I am?

Wait a minute. Let me read that again.
minimetoo26 wrote:So, Erin went swimming with her brothers when I was grocery shopping. They didn't put the leave-in conditioner on her hair and comb it out, because that's not something teenage boys think to do.
Nope, she didn't say "after swimming," either. Without any prepositional help to set the timing, I guess I focused on the "leave-in" conditioner as some sort of product that's not supposed to wash out in the pool. That seemed a little odd to me, because the Y always wants swimmers to shower before swimming, specifically to wash out stuff like that, but who was I to tell mini what not to put in her pool? :mrgreen:

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:56 am

So let me try again.

You never put conditioner in their hair after they went swimming, did you? So, like, how were they supposed to know? :P

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#9 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:46 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
christie1111 wrote:I don't see where it is said that they had to put the conditioner in the hair before swimming.

minimetoo26 wrote:So, Erin went swimming with her brothers when I was grocery shopping. They didn't put the leave-in conditioner on her hair and comb it out, because that's not something teenage boys think to do.
Nope, she didn't say "after swimming," either. Without any prepositional help to set the timing, I guess I focused on the "leave-in" conditioner as some sort of product that's not supposed to wash out in the pool. That seemed a little odd to me, because the Y always wants swimmers to shower before swimming, specifically to wash out stuff like that, but who was I to tell mini what not to put in her pool? :mrgreen:

I confess, I read it the same way you did, Marley...... :oops:

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

minimetoo26

#10 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

lb13
"Leave in" means you don't get it wet afterwards. Normally, it wouldn't have been too big a deal, but it had totally dried by the time I came home and I didn't have time to do a thorough comb out before heading out to a game so I put it in a messy braid so I could deal with it later, and she slept on that. Then I tried brushes, combs, spray-on detangler, and the usually trusty Aussie Three-Minute Miracle (that stuff is awesome, but it will give you really limp hair if you don't really need it) before turning her over to a pro, who thought she could detangle the knot even though I told her we'd be okay with just cutting it.

Erin is enjoying the new style and she overheard her friend say; "Mommy, I want to go to a salon!" at the game. I think she looks prettier with shorter hair since it shows off her cheekbones and eyes better, but she's probably going to grow it out again. She likes being "the girl with the really long hair." We'll see.

I just thought it was cute the first person she thought of from TV was Shay!
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:35 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

lb13
"Leave in" means you don't get it wet afterwards. Normally, it wouldn't have been too big a deal, but it had totally dried by the time I came home and I didn't have time to do a thorough comb out before heading out to a game so I put it in a messy braid so I could deal with it later, and she slept on that. Then I tried brushes, combs, spray-on detangler, and the usually trusty Aussie Three-Minute Miracle (that stuff is awesome, but it will give you really limp hair if you don't really need it) before turning her over to a pro, who thought she could detangle the knot even though I told her we'd be okay with just cutting it.

Erin is enjoying the new style and she overheard her friend say; "Mommy, I want to go to a salon!" at the game. I think she looks prettier with shorter hair since it shows off her cheekbones and eyes better, but she's probably going to grow it out again. She likes being "the girl with the really long hair." We'll see.

ES is gonna be quite disappointed. Not many of his girls can pull off short locks....

lb13

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#12 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:49 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

ES is gonna be quite disappointed. Not many of his girls can pull off short locks....

lb13
That is an adorable avatar! It will win.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Appa23

#13 Post by Appa23 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:07 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

I originally thought that Mini was talking about using conditioner during an "after-swimming" bath or shower, but then I wondered if Marley had a better handle on how Mini "speaks" or posts on the Bored. So, I searched on Google for people using leave-in conditioner prior to swimming. Yep, lots of mention of people putting leave-in conditioner prior to swimming because of troublesome hair. So, if her daughter's hair had tangles extraordinaire later despite a bath/shower, I figured that Mini might follow that "conditioner prior to swimming route".

Lil' Bit loved having short hair for the one summer that she could have it. Now, she must keep it "bun-length". 8)

MarleysGh0st

#14 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:12 am

minimetoo26 wrote:I just thought it was cute the first person she thought of from TV was Shay!
A hero for the next generation of BBs! 8)

If Erin wants real maple syrup and if Michigan is too far to get Shay's, you could always bring Erin up to Central New York for the Marathon Maple Festival. :)

minimetoo26

#15 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:29 am

I use Infusium 23 and a wide-toothed comb when she gets out of the pool. Or, past tense, I guess.

Steve brought her home from a trip to AZ and she had a huge rat's nest because he let her wash her own hair and my m-i-l didn't know how to braid it, so it was left free-flying all weekend, and she spent two overnights at her cousins' house this Easter and I was able to fix both of those disasters. Now that I think back on all the time I've spent combing and braiding I wonder why I didn't give up and just chop it all off before, but she really loved being Rapunzel. I kept mine extremely long until I turned 40, but mine is very straight and doesn't snarl like hers.

The Donut Delivery avatar was a very accurate representation of her former look. Now she has more of a Lisa Rinna 'do...

-Carl Sagan

MarleysGh0st

#16 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:35 am

Appa23 wrote:Lil' Bit loved having short hair for the one summer that she could have it. Now, she must keep it "bun-length". 8)
Is that a dancing requirement?

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#17 Post by Sistine Fanny » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:28 pm

minimetoo26 wrote:I use Infusium 23 and a wide-toothed comb when she gets out of the pool. Or, past tense, I guess.

Steve brought her home from a trip to AZ and she had a huge rat's nest because he let her wash her own hair and my m-i-l didn't know how to braid it, so it was left free-flying all weekend, and she spent two overnights at her cousins' house this Easter and I was able to fix both of those disasters. Now that I think back on all the time I've spent combing and braiding I wonder why I didn't give up and just chop it all off before, but she really loved being Rapunzel. I kept mine extremely long until I turned 40, but mine is very straight and doesn't snarl like hers.

The Donut Delivery avatar was a very accurate representation of her former look. Now she has more of a Lisa Rinna 'do...
A big rat's nest that even the beautician nka "hair stylist" couldn't get out is how I ended up sporting a gypsy the summer between third and fourth grade. Then it grew back.

Then in fifth grade I let my sister trim my hair. Somehow, she thought trimming meant grabbing a handful and chopping just below the nape of my neck. That time I ended up with a Toni Tennille. Then it grew back.

I don't think it's been above my shoulders since. But my sister still gets nervous whenever I want her to cut my hair, no matter how many times I tell her that I don't care how much she cuts off. Because it will grow back.
It's the Final Countdown.....

Appa23

#18 Post by Appa23 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Appa23 wrote:Lil' Bit loved having short hair for the one summer that she could have it. Now, she must keep it "bun-length". 8)
Is that a dancing requirement?
The requirement for ballet in "hair in a bun, no wispies".