Freeh report on Sandusky/PSU

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
christie1111
11:11

Re: Freeh report on Sandusky/PSU

#51 Post by christie1111 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:17 pm

ne1410s wrote:Let every Penn State football player transfer with no time penalty. (If they transfer "down" I don't think there is a waiting period anyway.)
To where? And who doesn't get to play because that former PennStater joined the team?

I have said my point about how I feel about the people who covered this up before. Prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. Everyone of them. And I wish that Paterno had not yet died. I wish he could be here to explain what he knew and when he knew it.

As the mother of a soon-to-be college football player I have a strong opinion about whether or not the team should be penalized. What if something in the past happened at Son1111's school and they decided to penalize the current team. How would that be fair to him? It is not that easy to get on a college football team. It takes a lot of hard work on the field and in the gym.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#52 Post by kayrharris » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:40 pm

The typical NCAA rules violation penalty falls on players who had absolutely nothing to do with the violation.

Just saying'….

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Buffacuse

#53 Post by Buffacuse » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:52 am

New wrinkle to this--CBSSPORTS.com is reporting that the Big Ten is considering expelling PSU...although this is in its preliminary phase, ultimately if the conference finds State hindered or misled an investigation, under its current by-laws, State would have to in effect ask the conference for permission to stay. A vote to ultimately remove the school would require 8 of the current 12 members (above 70%).

Note to the PSU Board...you folks are running out of time to handle this yourselves...

ne1410s

#54 Post by ne1410s » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:13 am

"To where? And who doesn't get to play because that former PennStater joined the team?"

Anywhere they choose.

Your school district had a rule that move-ins could not go out for an athletic team? Didn't think so.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

Weyoun

#55 Post by Weyoun » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:22 am

ne1410s wrote:"To where? And who doesn't get to play because that former PennStater joined the team?"

Anywhere they choose.

Your school district had a rule that move-ins could not go out for an athletic team? Didn't think so.
Yeah, but that place HAS TO TAKE YOU. If I move to a new school district, sure, I can try out for the team. If I move to Ohio State and they're full of schollies or just don't want to burn one on me because they want to save it for the offseason, do I just suck it up? Do I take my Division One football talents and go to Juniata?

And what if my girlfriend or wife is back in State College? I guess she has to drop and move, too, because some powerful people covered up a scandal?

And who is paying for all of this? Penn State now has to pay to compensate the victims, as they should, plus to move all these completely unrelated people around also, just to prove we're all angry about this?

And while the NCAA does punish programs now for the transgressions of those who come before, they've at least recognized this is not ideal - Jim Tressel now has a "show clause" stipulation before he can be hired by a college, and basically would have to sit out some of his tenure (the NFL already made him do this, because he basically ducked out and went to the Colts after being fired).

But even when the NCAA punishes like that, it is for TEAM behavior - players playing who weren't eligible, because they were getting paid or not going to class or what have you. If it becomes "the school does something unseemly involving the football program," do you put a school on probation if players get arrested?

silverscreenselect

#56 Post by silverscreenselect » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Buffacuse wrote:New wrinkle to this--CBSSPORTS.com is reporting that the Big Ten is considering expelling PSU...although this is in its preliminary phase, ultimately if the conference finds State hindered or misled an investigation, under its current by-laws, State would have to in effect ask the conference for permission to stay. A vote to ultimately remove the school would require 8 of the current 12 members (above 70%).

Note to the PSU Board...you folks are running out of time to handle this yourselves...
Big East, here we come.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

christie1111

#57 Post by christie1111 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:44 pm

ne1410s wrote:"To where? And who doesn't get to play because that former PennStater joined the team?"

Anywhere they choose.

We are talking college here. Not my town school district.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#58 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 am

Big thanks for Beebs last night for helping me to address my other pet peeve going on in this thread!

Folks.... life isn't fair. Never has been, never will be. We all have had to deal with the repercussions of other people's shit in our lives..... or in this case....
Ever heard of the phrase "Life's a Bitch?"
How we choose to deal with life's bitch when it pisses our direction defines us. Some try to turn it into lemonade. Some just wallow in it and end up reeking of same. We'll see how all the innocent folks everyone's so worried about deal with be big leak that's been taken on PSU.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

A Special Snowflake
Merry Man

#59 Post by A Special Snowflake » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:23 am

littlebeast13 wrote:Big thanks for Beebs last night for helping me to address my other pet peeve going on in this thread!

Folks.... life isn't fair. Never has been, never will be. We all have had to deal with the repercussions of other people's shit in our lives..... or in this case....
How we choose to deal with life's bitch when it pisses our direction defines us. Some try to turn it into lemonade. Some just wallow in it and end up reeking of same. We'll see how all the innocent folks everyone's so worried about deal with be big leak that's been taken on PSU.....

lb13
You mean everybody except me, right?
I'm quite special. Really, I am! Just ask me, I'll tell you...

ne1410s

#60 Post by ne1410s » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:46 am

It doesn't matter if we talk high school or college: the best player should play. No one is guaranteed a position whether a paid player or a walk-on. When a former PSU player takes the place of someone already on a team, then the coaches have determined that the former was a better player than the latter. Life.

I coached over twenty years on varsity, jv, and jr high levels. Football and basketball. I've been asked to come back many times, but, as I tell them: If I ever coach again it will be at an orphanage. No fucking parents to deal with.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#61 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:57 am

A Special Snowflake wrote:You mean everybody except me, right?

Sorry, Princess.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

A Special Snowflake
Merry Man

#62 Post by A Special Snowflake » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:14 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
A Special Snowflake wrote:You mean everybody except me, right?

Sorry, Princess.....

lb13
:oops:
I'm quite special. Really, I am! Just ask me, I'll tell you...

jarnon

#63 Post by jarnon » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:27 am

Spanier has been charged with perjury, obstruction, endangering the welfare of children, failure to properly report suspected abuse, and conspiracy.

Ex-Penn St. President Charged in Sandusky Case
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Vandal
Director of Promos

#64 Post by Vandal » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:50 pm

Jerry speaks (via The Onion):
They Can Never Take Away My Memories

By Jerry Sandusky
October 11, 2012

Sitting here in Camp Hill state penitentiary just outside of Harrisburg, PA, I begin a new chapter of my life, one in which I am completely cut off from the outside world, with virtually all my personal freedoms stripped away. Well, I may have lost my career, the support of my friends and family, and my worldly possessions, but there is one important thing I will have for the rest of my life: all my happy memories of molesting defenseless little boys over the past 35 years.

Those wonderful thoughts and recollections—and there are thousands of them—can never be taken away from me. Not by you, the Penn State Board of Trustees, the jurors who found me guilty, or the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Those fond remembrances are all mine.

This may be hard for you to hear, but in my mind, I am a free man: Free to think about the countless number of boys whose lives I destroyed for my own sick pleasure. Free to think—while working a mundane prison job or just sitting silently as each day passes—about the very first time I made a little boy touch my penis and the happiness that brought me. For example, I’m writing this in a prison cell, but that doesn’t prevent my mind from drifting off, magically, to Penn State circa 2006. And instead of sitting behind bars, I’m once again at my youth football camp, playfully sucking off little boys in the shower without a care in the world.

Can a prison guard order me to stop thinking about that? He can try, but it won’t work. It’s impossible.

It’s true I no longer have the privileges you do. I can’t go to restaurants or drive my car. I can’t even go down to the corner store to buy a newspaper. I am, however, in complete control of when I choose to think about all those times I engaged in deviant sexual intercourse with a minor. And those memories of forcing children to pleasure me sexually make me very, very happy. Very happy. What I’m saying, essentially, is that even though I’m locked away for good, I have the ability to make myself happy anytime I want for the rest of my life, and there’s nothing any of you can do about it.

The truth of the matter is, folks, I can happily masturbate to these memories until the day I die. Happily, and without punishment. In fact, I intend to masturbate tonight, in prison, while thinking about what I did to more than 100 different children. And I intend to do so furiously and remorselessly, with a big ol’ grin on my face!

From here on out, when you think about me, Jerry Sandusky, know that I’m not actually suffering. It’s true. I take comfort knowing that, quite frankly, all isn’t lost. Sure, I can’t eat or sleep on my own schedule, but my brain is a bountiful treasure trove filled with tender reminiscences of fondling multitudes of little boys. And I’m the only one who holds the key to that big, beautiful treasure chest. No handcuffs or prison bars can prevent me from opening it up anytime I choose and rooting around inside for a choice sexual memory to enjoy.

When I was in the courtroom for sentencing, all I was thinking about was the time I anally penetrated a child in his camp dorm room. Could anyone know that’s what was on my mind? No. Could anyone tell me not to think that? No. Did it comfort me in a trying time? Heck, you bet it did.

Now, there will be times during my life sentence when I’ll think about how I’m eventually going to die behind bars. And I’m sure I’ll be treated poorly by the guards and receive numerous ruthless beatings from my fellow inmates. But even in those painful moments when someone is slamming a dumbbell into my face, I will feel no amount of hurt inside, because the memory of every single boy whose asshole I fingered will provide me with comfort.

In fact, when I’m getting raped in the shower, it will simply take me back to all those happy days when I raped kids in the shower. I tell you, the mind is such a powerful thing.

This is probably very upsetting to all of you, but it’s the honest truth. So just be aware that I’ll be constantly thinking about the boys I molested, and those thoughts will fill me with pleasure. It’s what’s going to happen, and nobody, certainly not the law, can stop me.

I am a monster.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#65 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:37 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Big thanks for Beebs last night for helping me to address my other pet peeve going on in this thread!

lb13

I just got my first sale of the year, and the design in the spoiler above just earned me a whole dollar! Someone from Ontario bought a water bottle with Skanki on it! How about that?

Should I feel ashamed that I profited off a design that was somewhat inspired by Jerry Sandusky?

lb13

christie1111

#66 Post by christie1111 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:20 am

littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

I just got my first sale of the year, and the design in the spoiler above just earned me a whole dollar! Someone from Ontario bought a water bottle with Skanki on it! How about that?

Should I feel ashamed that I profited off a design that was somewhat inspired by Jerry Sandusky?

lb13
I don't think guilt is required. It may have been inspired by an evil person, but I can't see anyone who didn't read the thread getting the connection.

And congrats!

jarnon

#67 Post by jarnon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:12 am

jarnon wrote:The statue's still there, but his halo (in a mural) is gone.

Artist paints over Paterno's halo on Pa. mural
Paterno gets his halo back on mural

But the statue remains in storage.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#68 Post by jarnon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Gary Schultz and Tim Curley, the vice president and athletic director during the Sandusky horror, pleaded guilty today to child endangerment. A few months ago, a jury awarded Mike McQueary, who was fired after reporting Sandusky, $7 million, and the judge tacked on another $5M. It's now ludicrous for Penn State apologists to claim the university was unfairly blamed for one man's perversion.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#69 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

themanintheseersuckersuit

#70 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Michael Mann hardest hit
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

jarnon

#71 Post by jarnon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Spanier has been sentenced to two months in jail, two months house arrest, a $7,500 fine and 200 hours community service.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

jarnon

#72 Post by jarnon » Wed May 01, 2019 8:25 am

Judge throws out ex-Penn State president's conviction in Sandusky case

Some odd things about this controversy:
  • Spanier's conviction was overturned hours before he had to go to jail.
  • What saved him is that the law on reporting abuse was strengthened is 2007, after the Catholic Church scandal. Spanier's offense was in 2001.
  • There's another issue with the case: a Penn State lawyer testified against Spanier. No privilege because she wasn't his personal lawyer. Sort of like McGahn at the White House.
  • A vocal group of Penn State alumni have defended Spanier, Paterno, etc. against the government, NCAA, and current the Penn State administration. I'm rah-rah for my college too, but that doesn't mean it can do no wrong. Thankfully nobody has defended Sandusky.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#73 Post by Bob78164 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:47 am

jarnon wrote:Judge throws out ex-Penn State president's conviction in Sandusky case

Some odd things about this controversy:
  • Spanier's conviction was overturned hours before he had to go to jail.
  • What saved him is that the law on reporting abuse was strengthened is 2007, after the Catholic Church scandal. Spanier's offense was in 2001.
  • There's another issue with the case: a Penn State lawyer testified against Spanier. No privilege because she wasn't his personal lawyer. Sort of like McGahn at the White House.
  • A vocal group of Penn State alumni have defended Spanier, Paterno, etc. against the government, NCAA, and current the Penn State administration. I'm rah-rah for my college too, but that doesn't mean it can do no wrong. Thankfully nobody has defended Sandusky.
This is pretty weird. This appears to have been a decision by a federal judge on habeas corpus, not a direct appeal of the judgment. And the Attorney General adamantly disagrees that Spanier complied with the statute in force in 2001, so he'll be appealing to the Third Circuit. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson