Pre-watching OU giving us fits

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Pre-watching OU giving us fits

#1 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:44 pm

We were on the deck. And Jeff said, "If I had $100,000 and a year I could get this place presentable."
To which I responded, "If I had an elephant with a propeller I could fly around the world every night."

We laughed.

But, I found this great pic. :mrgreen:
Well, then

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

I'm a little late seeing this, but it's Jeff's chili for the AU/LSU game watching tonight. :D

I edited to switch two words to make it sound more better....

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:30 pm

Excellent! I hope it does better and makes more oomph for Auburn than OU had.
Well, then

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Well, the chili was a big hit, just as I predicted. I gave out 4 copies of the recipe. Auburn hung tough with LSU and unfortunately dint show up for about 2 quarters, but I must say it was a very "respectable loss" if there is such a thing. :oops:

I'm totally exhausted. It is ridiculous to have to stay up until 12AM for a football game.

I saw cute cartoon in the paper about the baseball playoffs this week. Someone was setting their alarm for 5AM saying maybe they would be able to catch the last few innngs of the game when they got up. :D

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:39 am

Kay - When we got into NOLA and were walking around the French Quarter, I noticed your avatar hanging on flags from many of the buildings. I pointed them out to Jeff, and said that's Auburn, he said it was Alabama until we saw a flag that said Auburn.

Yesterday when I was shopping I saw many people wearing your avatar on their shirts.

Last night we were at Emeril's restaurant, eating in the bar (no reservations means eating in the bar, but it was very nice for people watching) and they were playing the Auburn game against LSU. I was rooting for your team (probably the only one in the bar) and they did well, but then we left the restaurant and they lost. Sorry about that.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:03 am

Certainly appreciate the support, PSM, we needed all we could get. LSU's stadium isn't called Death Valley for no reason. :evil:

We gave them a good game and made them work for the win. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there and have a very safe trip home. The wild fires and wind are going crazy again in southern Cal