Just got back from my WOF audition! WOO HOO!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Just got back from my WOF audition! WOO HOO!

#1 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:59 pm

Ok, let me take a deep breath... Got to the audition site, got in line, and filled out my little application. Pretty long line, but not to worry!

I was standing in line with a gentelman who is retired. He was asking me questions about the audition. I told him all the info I knew about the event. No insider stuff, just the facts ma'am.

Very nice gentleman...told me an interesting story about Tom Watson and the golf course that abuts my neighborhood. Not a good story!

Once, they started filling up the audience area...it was game on!

Now, remember fwh was with me...ah, well, not at the moment... he was parking the car...ah, back at our home, and walking back. That's how packed it was. :shock:

I stood in the very front, there was nothing in front of me except the stage! As you look at the stage...I was on the right, where the people would sign up and get their pix taken if they got their name called.

I am gonna just cut to the chase...

My name was called 11th and I got to get on stage to play WOF! :lol:

I was so excited, but, also in shock! WOW!

Got my picture taken...not so good...windy here today, my do was a don't!

I was the first person in the 3rd group of people who played the game...

When I got up on stage I saw fwh, in the very back on a hill. Great place to see me from! Thank goodness I saw him!

I got to talk with Mark (Pat proxy)! I walked up to him and waved to the crowd. He asked me my name...Kelly Didn't say my last name...duh! :?

"I have lived in Kansas 16 years, I am originally from Massachusetts, "GO Red Sox!" Little reaction from the crowd

"I like to sing in clubs and watch K-State Football" Bigger reaction from the crowd.

"I work for the School of Medicine at KU, Go Jayhawks!" Even bigger reaction...

Mark then said, "Go Chiefs!" Great reaction.

He asked me again what I like to do, "I sing". He said, "Can you sing something for us for 30 secs?"

"Sure!" I took the mike, and sang (of course) "Lady is a Tramp"

The audience was clapping, Mark was dancing, fwh was smiling big time!

When I was done the audience went wild. Mark said I was great.

Then he said, "Frank Sinatra", and I said, "I saw him when I was younger in concert." Mark "He change your life?" Me "Yes!" Then I went back into the line to play.

So, Mark spun the wheel for our prize... I clapped and was excited.

It was then time to play... Landmark was the category

I am first, loud and clear "T" Each time on of the other contestants called a letter I clapped for them.

My next letter, loud and clear "H"

More clapping. Then I knew it, and gasped! Everyone looked at me...but, the man down the end solved it... The Paseo Bridge

Bridge here in KC.

When we were leaving the stage, I waved to everyone again, and the person handing out the prizes said to me, I loved your song! 8)

fwh...was nonplussed! I did what I said I was going to do, and now we wait! If they don't pick me from today's audition for the final round, I don't possibly know, what more I could have done. I gave it 110%

Thank you agian to timsterino, gsabc, and lilclyde for the inside info!

Thanks gang for all the ++++ vibes!

I will keep you all posted if I get a letter or an e-mail to come to the final audition which will happen in Kansas City in the near future.

I am exhausted, and elated!

fuzzy 8)
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

traininvain

#2 Post by traininvain » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:22 pm

Congratulations, sounds like you really wowed them.

Best of luck!
Enjoy every sandwich

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Good luck!

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:59 pm

Sounds like you have yourself a fun time, no matter what the outcome, but if they are smart, you would make great TV and you will be called!!!!!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Sounds great, fuzzy! Good luck!!!

Timsterino

#6 Post by Timsterino » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:14 pm

Fuzzy, I loved your story! I have a very good feeling that you will be invited to the final audition. Keep checking your e-mail that is normally how they notify you!

I am so proud of you!! Go get them at the final audition!

If I can be of anymore help please let me know!

ErikaTim@bellsouth.net
Tim S.
Twitter: @BrowardAdvocate
Instagram: @TimWSternberg
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sternberg

fuzzywuzzy

Clarification...and a little bit more humble

#7 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:56 am

Good Morning!

I wanted to clarify something that I mentioned in my earlier Woo Hoo post. I hope that I didn't sound too smug... :roll:

I hope that you all know that I went to WOF to get on the show, not just to sing. Singing has been my MO, ever since I began trying to get on BAM. It is my hook, and a more appropriate one for WOF.

The one thing that I have learned thru my years of performing and making presentations it that you need to know your audience. If they aren't with you, than you ain't gonna make it. I sang, "Lady is a Tramp" they loved it! But, if I had sang, "He shall feed his flock" from the Messiah...ah, it wouldn't have worked.

The women who sat next to me, was not into it. She may have thought she was, but, she was not warm at all. When she told the audience that she is a Litigation lawyer, you could have heard a pin drop. Then she said for fun she and her husband love to travel several times a year to her favorite city...London. Again, the audience did not react to her.

Another woman in my group, who is 65 said that she waterskied every year on her BD, and love to scuba dive. Mark asked her where? She said, oh, Hawaii, Austrailia, New Zeland, and the audience loved her...they could relate to her.

I know that I am preaching to the choir but, its how you are perceived by the audience. You have to make it fun. :D

Anyone who spoke with me after, said that they had fun and enjoyed watching me. :)

That's what I wanted to accomplish...now, I wait.

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland

earendel

Re: Clarification...and a little bit more humble

#8 Post by earendel » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:00 am

fuzzywuzzy wrote:Good Morning!

I wanted to clarify something that I mentioned in my earlier Woo Hoo post. I hope that I didn't sound too smug... :roll:

I hope that you all know that I went to WOF to get on the show, not just to sing. Singing has been my MO, ever since I began trying to get on BAM. It is my hook, and a more appropriate one for WOF.

The one thing that I have learned thru my years of performing and making presentations it that you need to know your audience. If they aren't with you, than you ain't gonna make it. I sang, "Lady is a Tramp" they loved it! But, if I had sang, "He shall feed his flock" from the Messiah...ah, it wouldn't have worked.

The women who sat next to me, was not into it. She may have thought she was, but, she was not warm at all. When she told the audience that she is a Litigation lawyer, you could have heard a pin drop. Then she said for fun she and her husband love to travel several times a year to her favorite city...London. Again, the audience did not react to her.

Another woman in my group, who is 65 said that she waterskied every year on her BD, and love to scuba dive. Mark asked her where? She said, oh, Hawaii, Austrailia, New Zeland, and the audience loved her...they could relate to her.

I know that I am preaching to the choir but, its how you are perceived by the audience. You have to make it fun. :D

Anyone who spoke with me after, said that they had fun and enjoyed watching me. :)

That's what I wanted to accomplish...now, I wait.

fuzzy
No, fuzzy, you didn't sound smug - you sounded like someone who had a great time at the audition and someone who has a great shot of getting called for the show. You did what you had to do - you made it fun, you made yourself interesting, and you caught the attention of TPTB. There's nothing wrong with that and no need to apologize.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

geoffil

#9 Post by geoffil » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:03 am

Congrats! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Did everyone who came to the audition get to try out? Or did they randomly call people? Are the shows being taped in your hometown or in LA?

fuzzywuzzy

Re: Clarification...and a little bit more humble

#10 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:04 am

earendel wrote:No, fuzzy, you didn't sound smug - you sounded like someone who had a great time at the audition and someone who has a great shot of getting called for the show. You did what you had to do - you made it fun, you made yourself interesting, and you caught the attention of TPTB. There's nothing wrong with that and no need to apologize.
Thanks earendel :)
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

gsabc

#11 Post by gsabc » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:26 am

Sounds like the real deal, fuzzy. Good luck on getting good news from this.

Oh, by the way, GO SOX!!!!

:D
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

fuzzywuzzy

gsabc

#12 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:33 am

Oh, by the way, GO SOX!!!!

:D[/quote]

WOO HOO! from a tired fuzzy in KC!

Red Sox Nation says... WE BELIEVE!!!

Thanks gsabc!

fuzzy :lol:
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

fuzzywuzzy

geoffil

#13 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:43 am

geoffil wrote:Congrats! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Did everyone who came to the audition get to try out? Or did they randomly call people? Are the shows being taped in your hometown or in LA?
geoffil, They tried to get as many people as possible on stage to play WOF. They said that even if you did not get on stage they would randomly pick people for the final audition. They held audition slots for this.

The final auditions will be in Kansas City when the Wheelmobile events have finished. Don't know if they are being taped here...however, they haven't been here in awhile, so maybe they will tape it here. That would be cool!

I will keep you all posted on what I hear.

Thanks!

fuzzy
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

Catfish

#14 Post by Catfish » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:08 am

Wow, The Fuzzy Show! I think you may be able to chuck your job and go into television and/or politics.
Catfish

fuzzywuzzy

#15 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:34 am

Catfish wrote:Wow, The Fuzzy Show! I think you may be able to chuck your job and go into television and/or politics.
hey catfish,
I think I have enough of the BS factor to be a natural in the political world. :P

If you volunteer to be my campaign fundraiser and all-around advisor...I'd run for ....hmmm? Hey, brownback isn't running again for senate here in KS.

fuzzy
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

Appa23

#16 Post by Appa23 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:18 am

Fuzzy, where did they hold the audition for WoF?

When you said that you could see him on top of the hill, I was thinking Starlight Theatre.

BTW, you can watch K-State football and yell "Go Jayhawks." You have to pick one and hate the other, don't you? (Of course, it still allows for mutual hatred of Mizzou!)

fuzzywuzzy

#17 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:52 am

Appa23 wrote:Fuzzy, where did they hold the audition for WoF?

When you said that you could see him on top of the hill, I was thinking Starlight Theatre.

BTW, you can watch K-State football and yell "Go Jayhawks." You have to pick one and hate the other, don't you? (Of course, it still allows for mutual hatred of Mizzou!)
appa23,

The Sat 10/20 audition was held at Olathe Dodge...very small hill. The stage was elevated, so the audience could see all the contestants on stage. The Sun 10/21 audition was at Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas City, KS.

Don't hate Mizzou at all...Well, considering fwh works for the Univers of MO system that would be a little difficult!

fuzzy
— Mark Twain

- Judy Garland

Appa23

#18 Post by Appa23 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:07 am

Oh, Fuuzy, when you said stage, I was thinking of a real stage.

I have been to Olathe Dodge (for monster truck pit passes, IIRC).

Ok, so when these easm play each other (KU, KSU, MU), who is rooting for who?

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#19 Post by T_Bone0806 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:34 pm

Good luck in getting on the show!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

lilclyde54

#20 Post by lilclyde54 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:41 pm

Wow Fuzzy! I can't think of single thing you could have done better. Your time on stage sounds exciting and that is key. I really believe that you will be hearing from WOF in the future. Good Luck. Let me know if I can help in any way.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again