Transcript 02/28/08 - Jen Pierson (carryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/28/08 - Jen Pierson (carryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Jen Pierson (carryover contestant)
Pittsburgh, PA
Unemployed, recent law school graduate

Jen is going to be a bridesmaid, this weekend. Now that she's won $16,000, her friend is thinking she'll buy everything that's left on the registry.

$25,000
The proposed site of a controversial nuclear waste dump, Yucca Mountain is located in what state?

A: Idaho B: New Mexico
C: Nevada D: Montana

Jen was thinking of an answer that's not one of the choices. She feels like it's Nevada, but she uses the 50/50.

50/50 leaves C & D.

$50,000
When introduced in 1932, the 3 Musketeers candy bar consisted of three separate pieces: chocolate, vanilla and what?

A: Peanut butter B: Marshmallow
C: Strawberry D: Toffee

Jen: I'm pretty sure it's not strawberry. Marshmallow seems sort of like the stuff that's in it now.

Meredith: What is that stuff that's in it?

Jen: I have no idea, but I know that it has less fat in it than other candy bars.

It really would be a guess, so Jen switches the question.

STQ $50,000
Regarded as the best Spanish-language newpaper in the world, La Prensa was founded in 1869 by José C. Paz in what city?

A: Miami B: Mexico City
C: Buenos Aires D: Madrid

Jen was a reporter before law school. She's leaning towards Madrid and thinks it's either C or D.

Jen: I'll say C: Buenos Aires, final answer.

Meredith: Oh, my gosh! You got it right!

$100,000
According to a famous Thomas Jefferson quote, what "must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"?

A: The tree of liberty B: The root of independence
C: The soil of humanity D: The flower of freedom

Jen thinks the tree of liberty sounds like something he'd say, but she walks away with $50,000.

-- Commercial Break --

Answers:
$25,000: C: Nevada
$50,000: C: Strawberry
STQ $50,000: C: Buenos Aires
$100,000: A: The tree of liberty

Kazoo65

#2 Post by Kazoo65 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:46 pm

Was it just me or did anybody else think "strawberry" was WAY too obvious an answer for $50K??? No idea on this one. STQ.

$50K STQ. easy for me, since I've seen the movie "Evita" several times.

$100K-PaF.
I'm just a game show nerd.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:09 pm

Kazoo65 wrote:Was it just me or did anybody else think "strawberry" was WAY too obvious an answer for $50K??? No idea on this one. STQ.
I didn't think any of them was obvious.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:48 am

Nihil obstat®

Not very often I say that on higher level questions.

earendel

Re: Transcript 02/28/08 - Jen Pierson (carryover contestant)

#5 Post by earendel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:46 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Jen Pierson (carryover contestant)
Pittsburgh, PA
Unemployed, recent law school graduate

Is it a matter of her not passing the bar yet?

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jen is going to be a bridesmaid, this weekend. Now that she's won $16,000, her friend is thinking she'll buy everything that's left on the registry.
Interesting - several "nearby" stories lately (weddings, births).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000
The proposed site of a controversial nuclear waste dump, Yucca Mountain is located in what state?

A: Idaho B: New Mexico
C: Nevada D: Montana

Jen was thinking of an answer that's not one of the choices. She feels like it's Nevada, but she uses the 50/50.

50/50 leaves C & D.
Indirect shout out to Sir_G!
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50,000
When introduced in 1932, the 3 Musketeers candy bar consisted of three separate pieces: chocolate, vanilla and what?

A: Peanut butter B: Marshmallow
C: Strawberry D: Toffee

Jen: I'm pretty sure it's not strawberry. Marshmallow seems sort of like the stuff that's in it now.

Meredith: What is that stuff that's in it?

Jen: I have no idea, but I know that it has less fat in it than other candy bars.
It's called "nougat".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:STQ $50,000
Regarded as the best Spanish-language newpaper in the world, La Prensa was founded in 1869 by José C. Paz in what city?

A: Miami B: Mexico City
C: Buenos Aires D: Madrid
Just as the answers were read, George Stephanopolis came on the screen to inform us that the president was about to hold a news conference.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jen was a reporter before law school. She's leaning towards Madrid and thinks it's either C or D.

Jen: I'll say C: Buenos Aires, final answer.

Meredith: Oh, my gosh! You got it right!
I was thinking either Buenos Aires or Madrid - so I'd try the 50/50 and hope those weren't the two remaining.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100,000
According to a famous Thomas Jefferson quote, what "must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"?

A: The tree of liberty B: The root of independence
C: The soil of humanity D: The flower of freedom

Jen thinks the tree of liberty sounds like something he'd say, but she walks away with $50,000.
OK, this does not seem like a $100K question to me.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."