Transcript 02/29/2008 - James Rogers

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/29/2008 - James Rogers

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:56 pm

James Rogers
Rochester, NY
Waiter and recent college graduate

James is a typical young man. He likes to kick back and have a good time and hang out with the ladies. Meredith asks which ladies and James names them - Dorothy, Sophia, Blanche and Rose, the "Golden Girls". He dates younger, though. Meredith asks if James is ready to play, saying that she's slightly younger than the Golden Girls.

$100 - On earth, a solar eclipse occurs when the light of the sun is obscured by what?

A - trees
B - the moon
C - airplanes
D - Shaq

$200 - Measuring around your hand at its widest point, excluding the thumb, is the best way to determine your what?

A - hat size
B - pants size
C - glove size
D - shoe size

James shakes his head, looking confused. Meredith repeats the question. James says he feels really stupid and "wastes" (his word) a lifeline by asking the audience.

ATA results:
A - 4%
B - 3%
C - 86%
D - 7%

James says it's a referendum and goes with the audience's answer.

$300 - A cocktail fork is often used to extract meat from which of these entrees?

A - veal
B - prime rib
C - duck
D - lobster

Meredith says that as a waiter James probably puts these out - turns out James works at a seafood restaurant.

$500 - Fittingly, the Web site www.thesmokinggun.com is affiliated with what cable TV network?

A - ESPN
B - Discovery
C - The Weather Channel
D - Court TV

$1K - In high school, which of these abbreviations commonly refers to a math class and not a science class?

A - biol.
B - chem
C - alg.
D - anat.

$2K - Better known as the musical duo the Carpenters, how were Karen and Richard Carpenter related?

A - brother and sister
B - cousins
C - husband and wife
D - mother and son

$4K - Now used to refer to a non-expert, the word "layman" originally refered to a person who was not a member of what?

A - a royal family
B - the military
C - the clergy
D - academia

$8K - A type of clay pottery, terra cotta takes its name from an Italian phrase meaning what?

A - strong earth
B - baked earth
C - soft earth
D - blessed earth

James spent a semester in Rome and spoke Italian fairly well so he knows the answer.

$16K - Which of these statements best describes Bruce Willis's character throughout most of the original "Die Hard" movie?

A - he wears a hat
B - he is in disguise
C - he wears a tuxedo
D - he is barefoot

James doesn't know the movie. He does know that Willis carries a gun and the movie takes place in a tall building. For some reason he feels that Willis was barefoot. Rather than gamble, James asks for the 50/50, which leaves B and D.

Commercial break

James' friend Shelley is in the audience. Meredith was watching her while James tried to figure out the $16K question. Meredith thought she was dying. Shelley says "He was killing me." Then she started crying - she can't control her emotions and she's proud of James.

$25K - Featuring a trio of mustangs on its commemorative quarter, what U.S. state is home to over 50% of the country's wild horses?

A - Nevada
B - Colorado
C - Nebraska
D - Montana

James would be guessing, so he decides to call Terry (AKA Frenchie). He's a friend of a friend and they used to go to trivia contests at a bar in Rochester. Frenchie says he would guess Montana but he's not sure. James says that Nevada is mostly desert and wonders if there are wild horses in the desert. He doesn't think that's the answer. He sees Nevada as full of trailers and cacti. Meredith jokes that the people of Nevada aren't appreciating this, and James has probably killed the marked for BAM in that state. James has no idea and doesn't even want to guess, so he walks away with $16K.

Commercial break

ANSWERS:
$100 - B (the moon)
$200 - C (glove size)
$300 - D (lobster)
$500 - D (Court TV)
$1K - C (alg.)
$2K - A (brother and sister)
$4K - C (the clergy)
$8K - B (baked earth)
$16K - D (he is barefoot)
$25K - A (Nevada)
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 02/29/2008 - James Rogers

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:58 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:James Rogers
Rochester, NY

James is a typical young man. He likes to kick back and have a good time and hang out with the ladies. Meredith asks which ladies and James names them - Dorothy, Sophia, Blanche and Rose, the "Golden Girls".
NTTAWWT®
$200 - Measuring around your hand at its widest point, excluding the thumb, is the best way to determine your what?

A - hat size
B - pants size
C - glove size
D - shoe size

James shakes his head, looking confused. Meredith repeats the question. James says he feels really stupid and "wastes" (his word) a lifeline by asking the audience.
<grumble>®!
$2K - Better known as the musical duo the Carpenters, how were Kevin and Richard Carpenter related?

A - brother and sister
B - cousins
C - husband and wife
D - mother and son
I wish the choices were worded "sister and brother" and "wife and husband"... but that's just a semantics issue.

$4K: Unfortunately, I would be out on this question. I thought it was academia.

TheConfessor

#3 Post by TheConfessor » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:06 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $2K - Better known as the musical duo the Carpenters, how were Kevin and Richard Carpenter related?
I assume the show said Karen, not Kevin.

tanstaafl2

#4 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Rochester, NY

A - hat size
B - pants size
C - glove size
D - shoe size

ATA results:
A - 4%
B - 3%
C - 86%
D - 7%

Given this somewhat lackluster start it was a bit of surprise to see him struggle his way up to the 25K Q.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $1K - In high school, which of these abbreviations commonly refers to a math class and not a science class?

A - biol.
B - chem
C - alg.
D - anat.
Perhaps another semantics question and I understand what they are asking but I would rather think it fair to say the Math IS a science...
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$16K - Which of these statements best describes Bruce Willis's character throughout most of the original "Die Hard" movie?

A - he wears a hat
B - he is in disguise
C - he wears a tuxedo
D - he is barefoot

James doesn't know the movie. He does know that Willis carries a gun and the movie takes place in a tall building. For some reason he feels that Willis was barefoot. Rather than gamble, James asks for the 50/50, which leaves B and D.
Movie trivia is still pretty much hit or miss for me. Despite having seen the movie several times I did not recall that he was barefoot. 50/50 made the decision easy but before that I was thinking perhaps it was C.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
$25K - Featuring a trio of mustangs on its commemorative quarter, what U.S. state is home to over 50% of the country's wild horses?

A - Nevada
B - Colorado
C - Nebraska
D - Montana

James would be guessing, so he decides to call Terry (AKA Frenchie). He's a friend of a friend and they used to go to trivia contests at a bar in Rochester. Frenchie says he would guess Montana but he's not sure. James says that Nevada is mostly desert and wonders if there are wild horses in the desert. He doesn't think that's the answer. He sees Nevada as full of trailers and cacti. Meredith jokes that the people of Nevada aren't appreciating this, and James has probably killed the marked for BAM in that state. James has no idea and doesn't even want to guess, so he walks away with $16K.
If you didn't know it then it was an easy google so poor PAF play costs another cast member 9K and a shot at more. Big surprise there...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Kazoo65

#5 Post by Kazoo65 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:09 pm

Where do I begin? Where's MBFFB when you need him?

I couldn't believe he needed ATA on the $200 question-how did he pass the test?

And ANOTHER commerative quarter question. I knew this one without lifelines. I bet they will eventually get around to asking about all 50 state quarters.

I bet Meredith is getting tired of holding those $1M checks and not giving any away. When's her contract up-this season or next?
I'm just a game show nerd.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:10 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 - Measuring around your hand at its widest point, excluding the thumb, is the best way to determine your what?

A - hat size
B - pants size
C - glove size
D - shoe size

That would be my word, too. And poor Meredith tried to get him to stop and think about it, but his Hotseatitis was too severe to listen.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $16K - Which of these statements best describes Bruce Willis's character throughout most of the original "Die Hard" movie?

A - he wears a hat
B - he is in disguise
C - he wears a tuxedo
D - he is barefoot

"You want to know the secret to surviving air travel? After you get where you're going, take off your shoes and your socks then walk around on the rug bare foot and make fists with your toes."

But first check to make sure terrorists aren't about to take over the building. 8)

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:40 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: James Rogers
Rochester, NY

James is a typical young man. He likes to kick back and have a good time and hang out with the ladies. Meredith asks which ladies and James names them - Dorothy, Sophia, Blanche and Rose, the "Golden Girls". He dates younger, though. Meredith asks if James is ready to play, saying that she's slightly younger than the Golden Girls.
OK, he's into "classic" TV.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 - Measuring around your hand at its widest point, excluding the thumb, is the best way to determine your what?

A - hat size
B - pants size
C - glove size
D - shoe size

ATA results:
A - 4%
B - 3%
C - 86%
D - 7%

Good thing he doesn't watch M*A*S*H - there's an episode in which, to relieve boredom, BJ spreads the word that it's Hawkeye's birthday and tries to organize a surprise party. At one point Father Mulcahy comes into The Swamp and asks Hawkeye to make a fist. He says that the distance around the fist is equal to the length of a person's foot. He measures both, finding that they don't match. Father Mulcahy says, "No wonder you walk funny." Knowing this might have led him to say "D" and llama out.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$500 - Fittingly, the Web site www.thesmokinggun.com is affiliated with what cable TV network?

A - ESPN
B - Discovery
C - The Weather Channel
D - Court TV
Now it's called TruTV.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - Better known as the musical duo the Carpenters, how were Karen and Richard Carpenter related?

A - brother and sister
B - cousins
C - husband and wife
D - mother and son
My first official date with elwing was a Carpenters concert.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - Which of these statements best describes Bruce Willis's character throughout most of the original "Die Hard" movie?

A - he wears a hat
B - he is in disguise
C - he wears a tuxedo
D - he is barefoot

He was barefoot, IIRC, because someone on the plane with him suggested he take off his shoes and "make fists with his toes".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - Featuring a trio of mustangs on its commemorative quarter, what U.S. state is home to over 50% of the country's wild horses?

A - Nevada
B - Colorado
C - Nebraska
D - Montana

Time for me to ATA - I haven't seen the quarters for most of these states.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:41 am

TheConfessor wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $2K - Better known as the musical duo the Carpenters, how were Kevin and Richard Carpenter related?
I assume the show said Karen, not Kevin.
Yes, and the transcript has been fixed.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Appa23

#9 Post by Appa23 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:27 am

Rochester, NY

A - he wears a hat
B - he is in disguise
C - he wears a tuxedo
D - he is barefoot

James doesn't know the movie.
James, turn in your manhood card. Now!

Appa23

#10 Post by Appa23 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:31 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

A - hat size
B - pants size
C - glove size
D - shoe size

That would be my word, too. And poor Meredith tried to get him to stop and think about it, but his Hotseatitis was too severe to listen.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $16K - Which of these statements best describes Bruce Willis's character throughout most of the original "Die Hard" movie?

A - he wears a hat
B - he is in disguise
C - he wears a tuxedo
D - he is barefoot

"You want to know the secret to surviving air travel? After you get where you're going, take off your shoes and your socks then walk around on the rug bare foot and make fists with your toes."

But first check to make sure terrorists aren't about to take over the building. 8)
"Shoot the glass!"