Transcript 02/29/2008 - Vinnie Krebs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 02/29/2008 - Vinnie Krebs

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:57 pm

Vinnie Krebs
Brookfield, CT

Vinnie got the call the night before and hasn't slept since then. He feels like Jack Bauer in "24".

$100 - What Walt Disney World attraction was updated in 2002 to include an animatronic likeness of George W. Bush?

A - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
B - Typhoon Lagoon
C - The Hall of Presidents
D - Republicans of the Caribbean

$200 - A tech support representative commonly assists someone who has difficulty using a what?

A - rowboat
B - ice cream scooper
C - fold-out couch
D - computer

$300 - Which of these title TV characters shares his last name with a powerful type of handgun?

A - Magnum, P.I.
B - Kojak
C - House, M.D.
D - Matlock

$500 - Meaning "journey", the word "safari" comes from which of these languages?

A - Hindi
B - Mandarin
C - Dutch
D - Swahili

Vinnie asks the audience for help.

ATA results:
A - 4%
B - 1%
C - 4%
D - 91%

Vinnie puts his faith in the audience and makes their answer his final answer.

$1K - After a rockslide occurred near Yosemite in 2006, vendors sold T-shirts that read "Don't Take It For" what?

A - granite
B - limestone
C - marble
D - shale

$2K - Axis & Allies is a popular board game that allows players to recreate the battles of which war?

A - American Revolution
B - American Civil War
C - World War II
D - Vietnam War

$4K - According to the lyrics of a 1989 hit, what make of car do the B-52's drive to get to the "Love Shack"?

A - Chrysler
B - Buick
C - Chevy
D - Lincoln

"It's as big as a whale," Vinnie quotes before giving his final answer.

Commercial break

Meredith says no one would know that Vinnie was going on very little slip. He seems sharp as a tack. Vinnie says he's faking it.

$8K - Which of these American Indians once famously traveled to Europe to meet with King James I?

A - Sequoyah
B - Sacagawea
C - Pocahontas
D - Sitting Bull

"Wow!" Vinnie exclaims. This is a tough one for him but he does have two lifelines remaining. Vinnie decides to call Karen for help. Vinnie reads the question; Karen asks for him to repeat it, leaving 5 seconds for her to answer. She sounds flustered and can't get an answer out before time expires.

Vinnie decides to use the 50/50, leaving B and C. Meredith explains his options and Vinnie says he's at a total loss. Four thousand is four times one thousand. Vinnie dithers a bit but finally decides to walk away.

THE HORN!!!!!

ANSWERS:
$100 - C (The Hall of Presidents)
$200 - D (computer)
$300 - A (Magnum, P.I.)
$500 - D (Swahili)
$1K - A (granite)
$2K - C (World War II)
$4K - A (Chrysler)
$8K - C (Pocahontas)

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 02/29/2008 - Vinnie Krebs

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:00 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Vinnie Krebs
Brookfield, CT
West central Connecticut, so he's a WE®
$500 - Meaning "journey", the word "safari" comes from which of these languages?

A - Hindi
B - Mandarin
C - Dutch
D - Swahili
Here comes another <grumble>®...

And a nihil obstat®

tanstaafl2

#3 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Based on the transcript alone it appeared to be another fairly sad effort from all concerned.

Including the person that cast him in the first place...

Than again I would have been guessing at 4K and would have gone to the ATA due to my substantial level of ignorance of pop music. Knew of the song but not well enough to guess the answer.

But at least I knew the rest of them and didn't need a lifeline on an easy $500 Q. Even the distractors weren't particularly distracting and if the audience gets 90+ then it is fair to say it wasn't very hard!
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Kazoo65

#4 Post by Kazoo65 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:16 pm

This guy is a textbook example of why you need to get a decent night's sleep before attempting to tape a TV game show. Your brain needs rest in order to function properly-I read a book about J! (Secrets of the Jeopardy! Champions, writtern by Chuck Forrest and someone else who I don't remember now) that recommended that if you're coming from the eastern time zone, you should go out to LA a few days early to get acclimated to the time change.

Even if you live near where the show tapes, it's STILL a good idea to get a good night's rest, if possible.

Now for the stack:

$500-I guess he's never heard of an African safari.

$4K-They played "Love Shack" at my brother's wedding reception-all the bridesmaids had to sing the chorus REALLY LOUD.

$8K-Didn't Disney make 2 movies about Pocahontas-one that was released in the theaters and one (about the meeting with King James) that went directly to DVD? I guess he dosen't have kids.

As I said yesterday, I wasn't very impressed with Vinnie.
I'm just a game show nerd.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:44 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Vinnie Krebs
Brookfield, CT

Vinnie got the call the night before and hasn't slept since then. He feels like Jack Bauer in "24".
Must be in the WE® area to get this quick call.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$500 - Meaning "journey", the word "safari" comes from which of these languages?

A - Hindi
B - Mandarin
C - Dutch
D - Swahili

Vinnie asks the audience for help.

ATA results:
A - 4%
B - 1%
C - 4%
D - 91%

Vinnie puts his faith in the audience and makes their answer his final answer.
I think this can be attributed to the lack of sleep - some thought would have made him realize it's an African word and there's only one African language listed.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - Axis & Allies is a popular board game that allows players to recreate the battles of which war?

A - American Revolution
B - American Civil War
C - World War II
D - Vietnam War
"Popular"?? I wouldn't say that. I played it back in the cardboard days (now they use plastic miniature figures) and it was rather long, tedious and rules-intensive.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - According to the lyrics of a 1989 hit, what make of car do the B-52's drive to get to the "Love Shack"?

A - Chrysler
B - Buick
C - Chevy
D - Lincoln

"It's as big as a whale," Vinnie quotes before giving his final answer.
No idea, so time to ATA.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8K - Which of these American Indians once famously traveled to Europe to meet with King James I?

A - Sequoyah
B - Sacagawea
C - Pocahontas
D - Sitting Bull

"Wow!" Vinnie exclaims. This is a tough one for him but he does have two lifelines remaining. Vinnie decides to call Karen for help. Vinnie reads the question; Karen asks for him to repeat it, leaving 5 seconds for her to answer. She sounds flustered and can't get an answer out before time expires.

Vinnie decides to use the 50/50, leaving B and C. Meredith explains his options and Vinnie says he's at a total loss. Four thousand is four times one thousand. Vinnie dithers a bit but finally decides to walk away.
Not so sharp after all.

All in all it's a shame that Vinnie had to lose his future eligibility like this.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:11 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - Axis & Allies is a popular board game that allows players to recreate the battles of which war?

A - American Revolution
B - American Civil War
C - World War II
D - Vietnam War
"Popular"?? I wouldn't say that. I played it back in the cardboard days (now they use plastic miniature figures) and it was rather long, tedious and rules-intensive.
I thought Axis & Allies was fairly simplistic, as far as strategy board games go. Now, if you want long and tedious, get a copy of World in Flames. I had that set up on my dining room table for over a year while a buddy and I were playing that once. Had to dust between the units, every now and then! 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_in_Flames

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8K - Which of these American Indians once famously traveled to Europe to meet with King James I?

A - Sequoyah
B - Sacagawea
C - Pocahontas
D - Sitting Bull

Not so sharp after all.

All in all it's a shame that Vinnie had to lose his future eligibility like this.
If he had gotten enough sleep for his brain to be functioning at this point, he might have tried remembering when James I was on the throne and compare that with when each of the others were alive. Even an approximation within a century would have worked just fine.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:36 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:

A - American Revolution
B - American Civil War
C - World War II
D - Vietnam War
I thought Axis & Allies was fairly simplistic, as far as strategy board games go. Now, if you want long and tedious, get a copy of World in Flames. I had that set up on my dining room table for over a year while a buddy and I were playing that once. Had to dust between the units, every now and then! 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_in_Flames
No, thanks, I got my fill with SSI's old "War in the East" - I actually bought it and a friend and I tried to play through the whole thing from start to finish. We didn't succeed.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tanstaafl2

#8 Post by tanstaafl2 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:09 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:

A - American Revolution
B - American Civil War
C - World War II
D - Vietnam War

Axis & Allies wasn't particularly hard or long in the grand scheme of things in the gaming world. Then again we had some pretty aggressive players...
Heck, back in the day I have known double board Risk games to go longer than Axis & Allies!
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:50 pm

Here's an article about Vinnie's appearance. No additional personal info or follow-up interview, just a partial transcript.

http://www.newstimes.com/localnews/ci_8418347