First Husker Game

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Appa23

First Husker Game

#1 Post by Appa23 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:33 am

My boy got to attend his first game in the "Sea of Red" on Saturday. I am hoping that he will want to do it again.

He really enjoyed the Tunnel Walk, with military flyover. He thought the band was entertaining, and he loved learning some new cheers.

Unfortunately, there were some other aspects of crowd participation that he did not enjoy. If you read my posts, then you know that my son is 100% about "sharing God's love." He is the child who did not like the idea of taking the ball from another player when he first started playing soccer, because it might hurt the other player's feelings. Needless to say, he learned a whole new set of vocabulary words from a group of 20-somethings that were sitting behind him. Plus, he was upset that people actually booed the Huskers near the end of the game. (Really, booed the head coach and defensive coordinator). :(

I think that I will try to get tickets for an early game next year, when they play some cupcake. Hopefully, by then, "the tradition will be restored.":)

BackInTex

#2 Post by BackInTex » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:02 am

Perhaps you should have sat with the visitors to show him how how the best football fans behave. :wink:

Though I am disappointed in the results. I would have preferred to remain bowl ineligible to help our PTB confirm that the correct decision is to have a new coach next year.

I need to take my son to an Aggie game at Kyle Field. I'm only 60 minutes from there, but am failing in my fatherly duties in that area.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#3 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:26 am

Gah. We try to sit it the last row at hockey games to avoid the yahoos screaming in your ears behind you, but even if you sit in the second-to-last row, the housewives in the last row are shouting "you SUCK!!" to the opposing players every 5 seconds.

It's better at the baseball games, but it's getting harder to find an enjoyable sports outing for the kids. Steve's taking Mini-me to the Jets game next weekend. Hope it's semi-civilized....

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#4 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:00 am

Sorry about the rude fan behaviour...perhaps next time he can hang out with me.....
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.