Transcript 03/04/2008 Nate Jones (carryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 03/04/2008 Nate Jones (carryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:47 pm

With guest host Dave Price

Nate Jones
New York, NY
He is a RN. He came to the show with his mother-in-law to audition two weeks ago, now he is in the hottest seat on TV. Maybe next to his MIL was the hottest seat.

All lifelines remain.

$2000- Featuring songs in English, Hindi, and Punjabi, what 2004 film is a Bollywood version of a classic Jane Austen novel?
A. Lila Says B. Ladies in Lavender
C. Bad Education D. Bride and Prejudice

ATA

A-2% B-16%
C-6% D-76%

$4000- Which of these bottled water brands is produced by the makers of Coca-Cola?
A. Aquafina B. Volvic
C. Dasani D. Fiji

$8000- Which of these words features the chemical symbols for sulfur, gold, and sodium?
A. Salon B. Pagoda
C. Podium D. Sauna

$16,000
Theodore Roosevelt National Park is located on the former site of the president's Elkhorn Ranch in what U.S. state?
A. North Dakota B. Oregon
C. Colorado D. Texas

PAF is Mike. Nate reads Elkorn Ranch, then the entire question and answers. Mike says Montana. Nate says "you're killing me." Mike says I'd guess (buzz buzz)

Dave suggests the PAF feature now be called "Phone an Ex-Friend"

50/50 left A & B

Nate walked with $8,000

Answers
$2000- D. Bride and Prejudice
$4000- C. Dasani
$8000- D. Sauna
$16K- A. North Dakota

Commercial break

Snaxx

#2 Post by Snaxx » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:27 pm

$16,000
Theodore Roosevelt National Park is located on the former site of the president's Elkhorn Ranch in what U.S. state?
C. Colorado D. Texas

PAF is Mike. Nate reads Elkorn Ranch, then the entire question and answers. Mike says Montana. Nate says "you're killing me." Mike says I'd guess (buzz buzz)

50/50 left A & B
Nate walked with $8,000

I suspected the contestant was at least partly responsible for the Google mishap, and as of earlier today Google confirmed it. He read off "Elkhorn Ranch" as a google lead-in.

Here was the result:

---
Winner of 2011 Sports Madness :mrgreen:

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 03/04/2008 Nate Jones (carryover contestant)

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:53 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000- Featuring songs in English, Hindi, and Punjabi, what 2004 film is a Bollywood version of a classic Jane Austen novel?

ATA

A-2% B-16%
C-6% D-76%
So he's never heard of "Pride and Prejudice"?
$16,000
C. Colorado D. Texas

There was obvious typing in the background, so that was a bad Google search.

For the record, I thought it was Colorado, but I would've phoned a reliable friend.

kusch

#4 Post by kusch » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:58 am

Well, that was an easy $16,000 question. :lol:

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:40 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:With guest host Dave Price

Nate Jones
New York, NY
He is a RN. He came to the show with his mother-in-law to audition two weeks ago, now he is in the hottest seat on TV. Maybe next to his MIL was the hottest seat.
So he's another "reluctant contestant"? Or did he eagerly accompany his MIL?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000- Featuring songs in English, Hindi, and Punjabi, what 2004 film is a Bollywood version of a classic Jane Austen novel?

ATA

A-2% B-16%
C-6% D-76%
Just from the name alone it should be obvious.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- Which of these bottled water brands is produced by the makers of Coca-Cola?
A. Aquafina B. Volvic
C. Dasani D. Fiji
Never heard of "Volvic" or "Fiji" and I know that Aquafina is bottled by Pepsi and Dasani is bottled by Coke.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$8000- Which of these words features the chemical symbols for sulfur, gold, and sodium?
A. Salon B. Pagoda
C. Podium D. Sauna
He worked through the answer carefully, noting that the chemical symbol for gold was Au and Na for sodium. Once he had that, there was only one answer.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
C. Colorado D. Texas

50/50 left A & B

Nate walked with $8,000"
I thought maybe Mike was doing an Internet search, but evidently not or he wouldn't have come up with "Montana". FTR that was the answer I was expecting; when it didn't show up, I would have gone with North Dakota.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:47 am

earendel wrote:I thought maybe Mike was doing an Internet search, but evidently not or he wouldn't have come up with "Montana". FTR that was the answer I was expecting; when it didn't show up, I would have gone with North Dakota.
OK, so I was wrong. Turns out that a Google search for "Elkhorn Ranch" (unqualified) puts a Montana listing at the top of the list. I can see why Mike got confused and why he sounded so certain.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:12 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Nate Jones
New York, NY
There was no indication of a reluctant auditioner here, ear. But he was an example of a very fortunate end-of-season auditioner getting the fast track to the Hot Seat.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16,000
C. Colorado D. Texas

That response didn't explain to Mike that Montana wasn't one of the choices. Firmly repeating those might have been better, in the few seconds he had left.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Dave suggests the PAF feature now be called "Phone an Ex-Friend"
Dave's riff on Mike's response was hilarious! (Even if there's a rational explanation for his googled answer.)
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:50/50 left A & B

Nate walked with $8,000
Argh! You're given this tremendous gift at the end of the season--a day after the originally planned end of the season, at that--and you won't risk $7K on a 50/50 shot to double that and continue into the stack? :evil:

And Nate might have salvaged something from Mike's answer, if he considered that Montana is right next to North Dakota.