Transcript 03/04/2008 Christine McQuade

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 03/04/2008 Christine McQuade

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:49 pm

With guest host Dave Price

Christine McQuade
Middletown, NJ

Her husband is a Secret Service agent. He and the kids are in the audience and shown briefly. They delayed their trip to Walt Disney World in order to tape, and will leave the next morning at 6AM. They said the change fees were high and they would have to get to $1K to cover the fees.

$100- By definition, your signature is a handwritten representation of what personal information?
A. Your name B. Your birthdate
C. Your street address D. Your favorite Spice Girl

$200- For extra juiciness, many chefs recommend initially roasting which of these food items breast-side down?
A. Meatloaf B. Casserole
C. Turkey D. Omelet

$300- A cheesy pick-up line asks, If I said you have a beautiful body, would you" do what?
A. Hold it against me B. Think me a scoundrel
C. Tell me to get lost D. Never speak to me again

$500- As a familiar rhyme reminds us, which of these months has more than 30 days?
A. September B. December
C. April D. June

$1000- The largest city in what U.S. state is named in honor of Frederick Billings, a president of the Northern Pacific Railway?
A. Wyoming B. Idaho
C. Utah D. Montana

$2000- Debuting in 2007, the TV drama "Private Practice" is a spinoff of what popular series?
A. Boston Legal B. Grey's Anatomy
C. House D. Law & Order

$4000- What diminutive monthly magazine refers to itself as "America in your pocket"?
A. Reader's Digest B. Vanity Fair
C. Family Circle D. Redbook

$8000- Cochlear implants are medical devices designed to help people with what condition?
A. Deafness B. Arrhythmia
C. Arthritis D. Diabetes

Commercial break

$16,000
Which of these Shakespeare characters are the protagonist and antagonist of a play?
A. Hamlet and Horatio B. King Lear and Gloucester
C. Romeo and Mercutio D. Othello and Iago

ATA
A-12% B-6%
C-27% D-55%

$25,000
Nearly destroyed by fire in 2007, the original Cutty Sark ship was built in the nineteenth century to trade what?
A. Sugar cane B. Tea
C. Animal pelts D. Tobacco

50/50 left A and B

she associates Cutty Sark w/ alcoholic drinks, so does not think it would be tea, not sure about sugar cane so PAF.

PAF: brother-in-law Frank says with some confidence "Sugar Cane."

Christine says that was what she was thinking and goes with him. However, he is wrong and she leaves with $1000.

Answers:
$100- A. Your name
$200- C. Turkey
$300- A. Hold it against me
$500- B. December
$1000- D. Montana
$2000- B. Grey's Anatomy
$4000- A. Reader's Digest
$8000- A. Deafness
$16K- D. Othello and Iago
$25K- B. Tea

Commercial Break

tanstaafl2

#2 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:46 pm

A rare fairly easy run to 25K as the only pop culturish Q at 2K was one I was familiar with even though I don't watch either show. I think I knew it from watching Letterman.

Pretty sure about the Cutty Sark even before the 50/50. Whether I would have been as sure in the chair is hard to say. She was built for speed and the tea trade needed speed.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

Kazoo65

#3 Post by Kazoo65 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:49 pm

OK to the $25K. I know that Cutty Sark is rum, so I was thinking the answer might be an ingredient in rum. PaF like she did-and hope for a better result!
I'm just a game show nerd.

tanstaafl2

#4 Post by tanstaafl2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:54 pm

Kazoo65 wrote:OK to the $25K. I know that Cutty Sark is rum, so I was thinking the answer might be an ingredient in rum. PaF like she did-and hope for a better result!
That would get you in trouble as Cutty Sark is a scottish term and a scotch whiskey. Which I knew from my days working in a liquor store.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 03/04/2008 Christine McQuade

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:57 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Christine McQuade
Middletown, NJ
Pretty sure she's a WE®...
$1000- The largest city in what U.S. state is named in honor of Frederick Billings, a president of the Northern Pacific Railway?
A. Wyoming B. Idaho
C. Utah D. Montana
Hey! There's the answer from Nate's PAF! :lol:

$25K: This was an evil distractor. Sugar cane was the answer that made the most sense. I answered that immediately and crashed.

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:44 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:With guest host Dave Price

Christine McQuade
Middletown, NJ

Her husband is a Secret Service agent. He and the kids are in the audience and shown briefly. They delayed their trip to Walt Disney World in order to tape, and will leave the next morning at 6AM. They said the change fees were high and they would have to get to $1K to cover the fees.
I wonder what would have been said had Christine been the carryover contestant?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4000- What diminutive monthly magazine refers to itself as "America in your pocket"?
A. Reader's Digest B. Vanity Fair
C. Family Circle D. Redbook
My mother used to give us a gift subscription to RD every Christmas. I've never heard it called "America in your pocket" but it's the only "diminutive" magazine listed.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000
Nearly destroyed by fire in 2007, the original Cutty Sark ship was built in the nineteenth century to trade what?
A. Sugar cane B. Tea

50/50 left A and B

she associates Cutty Sark w/ alcoholic drinks, so does not think it would be tea, not sure about sugar cane so PAF.

Christine says that was what she was thinking and goes with him. However, he is wrong and she leaves with $1000.
Had this been me I'd have gone straight to "sugar cane" without hesitation and exited the Hot Seat as a thousandaire. I was misled by the fact that Cutty Sark is a whiskey brand (even as the contestant was).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:26 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Christine McQuade
Middletown, NJ
Just a couple miles inland from Raritan Bay--definitely a Where Else.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Her husband is a Secret Service agent. He and the kids are in the audience and shown briefly. They delayed their trip to Walt Disney World in order to tape, and will leave the next morning at 6AM. They said the change fees were high and they would have to get to $1K to cover the fees.
Why are the APs always pulling folks from the pool whenever they have a trip in the works?

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25,000
A. Sugar cane B. Tea

50/50 left A and B

Ouch!

My recollection was that the Cutty Sark was one of the fast clipper ships built in the mid-19th century. I was pretty sure they were used for the tea trade, needed for those long voyages to China. Those other trade goods were already being shipped back from the Americas long before that time.

And raw sugar cane wouldn't have been shipped, in any event. Anyone else remember the song from 1776: "Molasses to Rum to Slaves"?

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:58 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Her husband is a Secret Service agent. He and the kids are in the audience and shown briefly. They delayed their trip to Walt Disney World in order to tape, and will leave the next morning at 6AM. They said the change fees were high and they would have to get to $1K to cover the fees.
I wonder what would have been said had Christine been the carryover contestant?
Any other taping day of the year, a plan like that would have been tempting fate. Since this was the very end of the season, they were safe.

BTW, kudos again to TPTB for allowing the kids to sit in the audience. You're just becoming a big softie, aren't you, TPTB? :)