stoopid Jericho thread - 03/04/2008

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

stoopid Jericho thread - 03/04/2008

#1 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:55 am

Spoiler
Well, it's nice that they've re-introduced some of the lesser characters (Dale, Mary and Heather). And I was very surprised to see Bonnie get killed off at the end, though I can't blame her for taking a shotgun to the Ravenwood thugs.

Now for other comments...

1. The major in charge of the town is not taking security very seriously - in a situation like the one last night he should have gone with his sergeant rather than Heather. At the very least she should have been searched. And wouldn't the pages in the report be numbered so that it would be obvious if one were missing?

2. Why is Jake "the only sheriff in the history of Jericho not to have a key to the sheriff's office"? And why does Heather have access?

3. Hawkins is certainly a master of misdirection, but even the major is going to figure it out eventually.

4. Why does Jake bother to continue as sheriff when it's clear that law and order are in the hands of Ravenwood?

5. Unless martial law has been declared, how is it that Ravenwood has the power to arrest and imprison without trial, or enter houses without warrants?

6. I'm guessing it's the chief administrator for J&R that did the embezzling, but why a measly $10,000?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: stoopid Jericho thread - 03/04/2008

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:48 am

earendel wrote:
Spoiler
Well, it's nice that they've re-introduced some of the lesser characters (Dale, Mary and Heather). And I was very surprised to see Bonnie get killed off at the end, though I can't blame her for taking a shotgun to the Ravenwood thugs.

Now for other comments...

1. The major in charge of the town is not taking security very seriously - in a situation like the one last night he should have gone with his sergeant rather than Heather. At the very least she should have been searched. And wouldn't the pages in the report be numbered so that it would be obvious if one were missing?

2. Why is Jake "the only sheriff in the history of Jericho not to have a key to the sheriff's office"? And why does Heather have access?

3. Hawkins is certainly a master of misdirection, but even the major is going to figure it out eventually.

4. Why does Jake bother to continue as sheriff when it's clear that law and order are in the hands of Ravenwood?

5. Unless martial law has been declared, how is it that Ravenwood has the power to arrest and imprison without trial, or enter houses without warrants?

6. I'm guessing it's the chief administrator for J&R that did the embezzling, but why a measly $10,000?
Spoiler
1. Yeah, although he's deciding that doing the right thing is more important that doing his duty, this scene didn't make sense.

2. Right. If they're going to set up such tight military security around that office, why is a civilian administrative assistant they don't even know that well on the clearance list with all those officers, anyway? And, besides assuming that the pages would be numbered, Heather didn't even smooth out the pages of the three-ring binder when she hurried to put it back, so it would be obvious that someone had opened it to that page!

3. But the major will let it slide, when that time comes.

4. Jake needs some authority when he leads the revolution. :roll:

5. The president in Cheyenne probably signed the equivalent of a martial law order. Or a corporate law order, such as it is.

6. It's not interesting enough that J&R is trying to steal the entire country (minus those 25 cities that, unfortunately, had to be downsized as part of the restructuring plan). Let's have their guys try a little petty theft on the side. And even though J&R is supposed to be so meticulous about every little detail, only this independent auditor with her little notebook will notice.