Just In Case You Missed My Review (and are interested in it)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
dodgersteve182

Just In Case You Missed My Review (and are interested in it)

#1 Post by dodgersteve182 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:46 pm

From Monday's old bored forum, before I knew that everybody had over to the new bored (grumble in Marley's honor).

$250K Ultimate Game Show is Great!

But they better figure out a way to get more than 120 people in that big showroom if they want the show to last.
Bob "whoopee" Eubanks hosted both shows today and will be hosting both tomorrow as well. Despite the good odds of getting picked to go on stage (they have 50 participants per show), neither me nor Mrs. DS got picked.
They played brief editions of the Gong Show, Card Sharks, Name That Tune and The Newleywed Games, prizes range between $200 to $500 for each winner.
1 person does compete for the $250K grand prize in each show but the odds of winning the big prize is very minute. You pick 3 envelopes out of 20, trying to get the total dollar amount to equal $1,000. There is only one winning combinatuon to get to that exact amount. Otherwise you win the amounts in the 3 envelopes you choose. $760 for the first show and $580 for the second show today. But overall tons of fun!

dodgersteve182

And to update my previous report...

#2 Post by dodgersteve182 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:51 pm

We got picked out of the audience by Bob Eubanks to play The Newleywed Game. We had talked about potential Q&A's he might ask other after seeing both shows on Monday. We Nailed the obligatory "Whoopee" Question (no pun intended) and missed the 25 pt. Bonus Question and suffered a heartbreaking second place finish! No $500 Grand Prize for Us, only a voucher to receive some Barry Manilow tickets on another visit to the Hilton.
Go see the show if you are in Sin City, I think you guys will really enjoy it. Just like Regulars who attended Play It, I got to meet and know the staff operating the show and they loved My T Shirt that I had made especially for this show. Bob Eubanks even said he loved my t shirt when I was called up to the stage. So that was lots of fun! Back to real life now and to dreams of what might have been.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Just In Case You Missed My Review (and are interested in

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:59 pm

dodgersteve182 wrote:1 person does compete for the $250K grand prize in each show but the odds of winning the big prize is very minute. You pick 3 envelopes out of 20, trying to get the total dollar amount to equal $1,000. There is only one winning combinatuon to get to that exact amount. Otherwise you win the amounts in the 3 envelopes you choose.
The odds are only a little worse than one in a thousand. Specifically, they are precisely 1 in 1,140. I wouldn't call that "very minute." --Bob

TheConfessor

Re: Just In Case You Missed My Review (and are interested in

#4 Post by TheConfessor » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Bob78164 wrote:The odds are only a little worse than one in a thousand. Specifically, they are precisely 1 in 1,140. I wouldn't call that "very minute." --Bob
Multiply that by the 120 people in the audience and you get 1 in 136,800. That seems pretty "minute" to me.