Should I start a petition?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)

Should I start a petition to bring Super Millionaire back to Prime Time?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 17

Shade

Should I start a petition?

#1 Post by Shade » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:12 pm

I just watched an episode of Who Wants to Be A Super Millionaire on YouTube, it was awesome. I haven't been that excited about an episode of Millionaire in a while. I think the time is right for ABC to try it again, what with the whole Deal or No Deal, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader, and Power of 10 popping up and doing well, I think we are ready for it to come back.

What do you say, would you sign a petition to bring it back?

I wouldn't even mind if Meredith hosted it, although Regis is obviously the better choice for Super Millionaire.

peacock2121

#2 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:54 pm

It's not gonna happen.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:19 pm

peacock2121 wrote:It's not gonna happen.
Is it OK you being awake at this hour?

You know what I mean. Not is it OK but are you OK.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

takinover

#4 Post by takinover » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:19 am

I guess someone has to take over since kazoo hasn't posted yet (though I saw her on the memberslist if that is her and not someone trying to clone someone else).

TheConfessor

#5 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:18 am

Regis is already committed to Million Dollar Password on CBS.

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:14 am

Ritterskoop wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:It's not gonna happen.
Is it OK you being awake at this hour?

You know what I mean. Not is it OK but are you OK.
LOL - Where else can my schedule be known so well?

I had just gotten home from The Money Seminar and I was wound up - in a good way. There was no way I was going to sleep anytime soon. This was the perfect place for me to check in.

Thanks for the concern.

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:22 am

takinover wrote:I guess someone has to take over since kazoo hasn't posted yet (though I saw her on the memberslist if that is her and not someone trying to clone someone else).
Now we're on the same wavelength! :lol:

I hope Kazoo delurks, soon. You really do need to talk to her, Shade. Whenever she got upset at what TPTB was doing with the show, she'd send them an e-mail, or if she was really upset, a letter. For instance, why won't they come to her town for an audition instead of the big cities they usually pick?

And then she'd always be disappointed when they didn't respond favorably to her request. (Usually, they didn't respond at all.)

And while I'd love to see Super Millionaire return, I'm afraid that's the response we'd get, too.

earendel

no SuperBAM

#8 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:33 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:And while I'd love to see Super Millionaire return, I'm afraid that's the response we'd get, too.
I agree - that ship has sailed, what with Regis signing on for $1M Password. Meredith is already too busy with CindyBAM and the "Today Show", so they'd have to find someone else to do the hosting (please, God, not Al Roker!!!).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:57 am

Coincidentally, a Mega Millionaire version of the show with a $5 million prize just aired last night in Australia. The ratings were apparently pretty dismal and the show indulged in few other weird quirks, according to this blog:

http://www.thedaily.com.au/blogs/couch- ... llionaire/
So there I was in front of last night's live show, yelling “B B B B B B B” as the answer to a geographical question.

Eddie is saying: “I need your answer.”

The contestant is still deciding.

I’m still screaming: “B B B B B.”

Then Eddie, out of nowhere, says: “$8000 is a gamble and, speaking of gamble, Channel 9 is airing a new show on this network after Millionaire called Viva Laughlin – and here is a preview of it …”

What the? Aren’t we in the middle of a quiz show here?

Eddie, what are you doing? You aren’t the CEO of Channel 9 any more. You can’t just throw to a preview of a new TV show!
And on the subject of contestant anecdotes...
But this isn’t the end of the strange goings-on on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

Eddie introduces the next contestant with video footage showing how she survived a brain aneurism and is still working as a school teacher.

Yes, yes, all very touching – but I didn’t think I was watching Today Tonight.

Shade

#10 Post by Shade » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:38 pm

I'm sad now :(

I guess I'll just accept that there won't be any new episodes of Super Millionaire.

Corn

#11 Post by Corn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:59 pm

yeah, chances are that if you haven't already heard something amidst all of the writer's strike rumblings, you're not going to. If the prospect of a strike won't bring it back, nothing will.

Regisfan

#12 Post by Regisfan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:24 pm

We've tried several times on Millionaire Fans to get ABC to bring back Super Millionaire. It's truly a hopeless situation.

Now that Regis is committed to Million Dollar Password, I don't think it will happen. And I don't think I'd like Super Millionaire to air without Regis as host.

Shade

#13 Post by Shade » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:23 pm

You don't think Meredith could do a good job?