Separate Forums

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)

Do you think we should keep separate forums or not?

Yes, keep the transcripts and other subforums separate
37%
No, put everything in one main Bored like on Go
22%
Other, please expound in thread
19%
Where is the forum for WGAS in Gastonia?
22%

Total votes: 27

MarleysGh0st

#51 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:52 pm

Corn wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Ack! Did Pea set you up to ask that? :roll:
nope! just joking. they actually get on my nerves when they're too big or overdone, because most of the larger boards I frequent disallow them for using too much bandwidth. or whatever the right term is.
Yay! Someone on my side! :D

I complained about frenetic, animated avatars (I hate those flashing banner ads!) so Pea has been encouraging folks to annoy me with them. Bandwidth is the right term; I hope everyone here is using a high-speed internet connection--dial-up would be incredibly slow, having to download an entire thread, complete with avatars and signature lines, every time someone posts a reply!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Drive by before work

#52 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:10 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
takinover wrote:I was thinking that you could start them here and after a week move them to the other forum for easy searching later.
If it's easy for an administrator or moderator to do that, that just might be a winning compromise, takinover.

Otherwise, it looks like WGAS might just pull an upset in this poll! :P
It appears that it would take four mouse clicks, and one of those would be to enter the thread. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Corn

#53 Post by Corn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:14 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Corn wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Ack! Did Pea set you up to ask that? :roll:
nope! just joking. they actually get on my nerves when they're too big or overdone, because most of the larger boards I frequent disallow them for using too much bandwidth. or whatever the right term is.
Yay! Someone on my side! :D

I complained about frenetic, animated avatars (I hate those flashing banner ads!) so Pea has been encouraging folks to annoy me with them. Bandwidth is the right term; I hope everyone here is using a high-speed internet connection--dial-up would be incredibly slow, having to download an entire thread, complete with avatars and signature lines, every time someone posts a reply!
;) well, I do like the occasional animated avatar (using one on the Fuselage right now) but those aren't as bad as the banners since they're smaller and off to one side. Banners can make reading a thread a total pain--sometimes you end up with threads that are about 25% posts and 75% banner sigs by volume. All of my animated avies are sized so that they can be used on livejournal, which is pretty strict on the filesize since they host everything.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#54 Post by kayrharris » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:41 pm

OK, I just had time to check out the link Corn gave me.

This one:

http://www.flicksnshows.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

A lot of things are blocked at work. I think I could live with that. It does seem easier to navigate, I think!! :roll:

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: Drive by before work

#55 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:46 pm

takinover wrote:I was thinking that you could start them here and after a week move them to the other forum for easy searching later.
I vote for this option.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller