Votes and such

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
peacock2121

Votes and such

#1 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:56 am

sorry - I meant to make a new thread.

Is it a male thing to have to keep ramming your opinion? Is louder/righter thing a mostly X thing?

earendel

Re: Votes and such

#2 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:58 am

peacock2121 wrote:sorry - I meant to make a new thread.

Is it a male thing to have to keep ramming your opinion? Is louder/righter thing a mostly X thing?
I have no idea. It seems to me that opinionated people come in all genders.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

eyégor
???????

#3 Post by eyégor » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:16 am

I CAN'T SPEAK FOR ALL MEN, BUT I KNOW I AM ALWAYS SOFTSPOKEN.

& BEING RIGHT ALL THE TIME MAKES THAT EASIER TO DO!

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:21 am

Made me laugh.

BackInTex

#5 Post by BackInTex » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:36 pm

Its our way showing how much we care. We don't want anyone to do the wrong thing.

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:40 pm

earendel wrote:

All genders? Just how many of them are there, anyway? Was there some alternative meaning to the term "sexual revolution" that I missed?
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:33 pm

I was happily posting away here for about 3.5 days from my work computer when I got a message last Thursday -- "Do not pass go! Do not log on to or even think of accessing this site! Stop being an idiot! Do you want your Internet privileges revoked forever!"

OK, it wasn't like that. But it's Access Denied, probably forever.

I bring it up now because I can see I'm missing a lot . . . :cry:
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

mellytu74

#8 Post by mellytu74 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:13 pm

Sprots --

I started a new job last Monday. An open-ended writing job.

I can read the forum but I cannot log on.

So, I know I am going to miss a lot because, by the time I reach a computer I can use, the time will have passed.

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:18 am

earendel wrote:

I wasn't talking opinionated. There is probably no one more opinionated than me - if I don't have one when you ask, just wait a sec and I'll have one. I was talking needing to state ones opinion over and over again, louder and with more force when another states a differing opinion.

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:18 am

BackInTex wrote:

Its our way showing how much we care. We don't want anyone to do the wrong thing.
Great new avatar!

peacock2121

#11 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:19 am

SportsFan68 wrote:I was happily posting away here for about 3.5 days from my work computer when I got a message last Thursday -- "Do not pass go! Do not log on to or even think of accessing this site! Stop being an idiot! Do you want your Internet privileges revoked forever!"

OK, it wasn't like that. But it's Access Denied, probably forever.

I bring it up now because I can see I'm missing a lot . . . :cry:
I like it when you are here during the day.

Keeps trying - maybe the internet police will be out for coffee and dinuts sometimes.

earendel

#12 Post by earendel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:27 am

peacock2121 wrote:
earendel wrote:

I wasn't talking opinionated. There is probably no one more opinionated than me - if I don't have one when you ask, just wait a sec and I'll have one. I was talking needing to state ones opinion over and over again, louder and with more force when another states a differing opinion.
Oh, well then I think that it may be a male thing (so wouldn't that be a "Y" thing?). Or at least that's my experience, both as the one doing the ramming and the one being rammed (so to speak).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#13 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:28 am

Yes, if you think what you think, it would be a Y thing.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#14 Post by kayrharris » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:17 am

I have the same internet police problem. I noticed someone new here called this a "chat room". I don't think this is a chat room, but they are definitely banned at work. I was just at a compliance class last week and one of the internet violatons they will fire people for is visiting "chat rooms". If our internet police consider this one, it could be big trouble for me, although I don't get the "access denied" screen right now.

After 30 years, I would like to keep my job. So I'm only here early in the day or past 3 in the afternoon. I'm off today, but I'm usually out doing all kinds of stuff on my day off.

SOX404Guru
Hi! First of all...very impressive chat room!
I edited this to add the reference to "chat room". Took me a while to find it!
I understand the educating people part from Peacock, but TPTB in my case are sitting somewhere in Bloomington, IL hundreds of miles away from where I am and would probably not even discuss it with me!
Last edited by kayrharris on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

peacock2121

#15 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:20 am

kayrharris wrote:I have the same internet police problem. I noticed someone new here called this a "chat room". I don't think this is a chat room, but they are definitely banned at work. I was just at a compliance class last week and one of the internet violatons they will fire people for is visiting "chat rooms". If our internet police consider this one, it could be big trouble for me, although I don't get the "access denied" screen right now.

After 30 years, I would like to keep my job. So I'm only here early in the day or past 3 in the afternoon. I'm off today, but I'm usually out doing all kinds of stuff on my day off.
Message boards are distinct from chat rooms.

Educate people - of course they might then decide that message boards are not allowed either.

I somehow don't see you getting fired. I think they will 'bend a rule or two' to keep you.