So, you think I just need some attention?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

So, you think I just need some attention?

#1 Post by Rexer25 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:42 am

My wife loves those shows on TLC about families that are different, like shows with "little people" who are married but have average size kids and one "little" kids, or families with 17 kids, or families with a set of twins and a set of sextuplets. I believe these reality shows are scripted in part to put the families under stress, and record the results. I'm willing put put my family before the cameras, but I think what we go through almost every day would put their writers on the sideline. I still think it would be as interesting as those other shows.

Also, I wouldn't mind a big increase in our monetary reserve.

Do yinz think a show about a husband with chronic depression and ADD, a wife with aphasia, their adopted, mixed race, strong-willed older daughter, and oft ear-infected younger daughter would sell? I know some of the moments when Mrs. Rexer is trying to tell me something simple would be hilarious to outsiders. At least they are to our friends.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

Appa23

#2 Post by Appa23 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:49 am

With the exception of your wife's aphasia, you sound like a fairly typical American family.

Of course, a few shows about typical families might be a nice change of pace. :)

MarleysGh0st

Re: So, you think I just need some attention?

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:51 am

Rexer25 wrote:Do yinz think a show about a husband with chronic depression and ADD, a wife with aphasia, their adopted, mixed race, strong-willed older daughter, and oft ear-infected younger daughter would sell? I know some of the moments when Mrs. Rexer is trying to tell me something simple would be hilarious to outsiders. At least they are to our friends.
I don't know.

1. Those other shows you mentioned had larger casts. Is a family of four large enough to keep the show busy? Well, I guess that worked for the Osbornes...

2. Molly's hook seems weak. She needs more than ear infections. Or different than ear infections. Or...you know.

3. Plot suggestion: One week should definitely involve a visit by your friendly Kirby vacuum salesman. :twisted:

Rexer25

Re: So, you think I just need some attention?

#4 Post by Rexer25 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:55 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Rexer25 wrote:Do yinz think a show about a husband with chronic depression and ADD, a wife with aphasia, their adopted, mixed race, strong-willed older daughter, and oft ear-infected younger daughter would sell? I know some of the moments when Mrs. Rexer is trying to tell me something simple would be hilarious to outsiders. At least they are to our friends.
I don't know.

1. Those other shows you mentioned had larger casts. Is a family of four large enough to keep the show busy? Well, I guess that worked for the Osbornes...

2. Molly's hook seems weak. She needs more than ear infections. Or different than ear infections. Or...you know.

3. Plot suggestion: One week should definitely involve a visit by your friendly Kirby vacuum salesman. :twisted:
1. OK, so maybe we work in my 5 borthers and sisters somehow. One sister lives about 20 minutes away, has a brand-new swimming pool, and a step-daughter who just moved in to go to college.

2. I figure we can play up the "Jan Brady" syndrome for Molly.

3. Believe it or not, they left us no contact information. The sales reps were from Houston. I imagine we can call someone for a demo, though.
Or even better, have the Jehovah's Witnesses drop by for a visit while I'm not there.

That'll be $10, please.

christie1111
11:11

#5 Post by christie1111 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:55 am

Sorry Rex, but your family sounds a little to 'normal'.

:P
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Rexer25

#6 Post by Rexer25 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:56 am

christie1111 wrote:Sorry Rex, but your family sounds a little to 'normal'.

OK the wife's from England originally. Does that help?

That'll be $10, please.

Appa23

#7 Post by Appa23 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:56 am

Actually, if you could get the girls to act up a bit more, maybe you can start with an episode of Super Nanny, and see if you can get a spinoff. :lol:

christie1111
11:11

#8 Post by christie1111 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:40 pm

Rexer25 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:Sorry Rex, but your family sounds a little to 'normal'.

OK the wife's from England originally. Does that help?
No, my husband is from Leeds.

:-)
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:26 pm

r even better, have the Jehovah's Witnesses drop by for a visit while I'm not there.
LOL - they used to visit my husband when I was not home. Apparently hitting on the females will curtail the visits.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Rexer25

#10 Post by Rexer25 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:28 pm

tlynn78 wrote:
r even better, have the Jehovah's Witnesses drop by for a visit while I'm not there.
LOL - they used to visit my husband when I was not home. Apparently hitting on the females will curtail the visits.

t.
See? See!? This is the kind of helpful information you won't find anywhere else.

That'll be $10, please.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#11 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:31 pm

tlynn78 wrote:

t.
t-girl, of all the stories you've related about the aftermath of your husband's accident, this one is the funniest!

tlynn78

#12 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:40 pm

t-girl, of all the stories you've related about the aftermath of your husband's accident, this one is the funniest

Funny, and it works! If only I could keep him from answering the phone and setting up appointments with insurance salesmen.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

MarleysGh0st

#13 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:44 pm

tlynn78 wrote: Funny, and it works! If only I could keep him from answering the phone and setting up appointments with insurance salesmen.
Aren't you on the "Do Not Call" list?

tlynn78

#14 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Aren't you on the "Do Not Call" list?

These are local guys. Some of them 'drop by to introduce themselves' to the neighborhood, and my friendly husband invites them back 'anytime'

t.