Make Your Own Rainbow Donkey!!!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
littlebeast13
Dumbass

Make Your Own Rainbow Donkey!!!

#1 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:22 am

Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

rayxtwo

Re: Make Your Own Rainbow Donkey!!!

#2 Post by rayxtwo » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:20 am

Very, very nice. You should have a bunch of these made up and put them on sale at Walmart for Christmas. This would be a good send up for "Jingle All The Way 2" with Arnold and Sinbad fighting each other to get the last one in the store for their granddaughters.

Ray

P.S. Saw the photo you made up of Miley..... Looks like she would make a nice girlfriend for "Bill the Cat".

christie1111
11:11

#3 Post by christie1111 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:50 am

I wish I could crochet.

Rainbow Donkey is SOOOOOO Cute!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

ne1410s

#4 Post by ne1410s » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:32 pm

Very cool.
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

Estonut
Evil Genius

#5 Post by Estonut » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Very cool, except that this Bill Brown guy stole all your stuff!!1
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#6 Post by Evil Squirrel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:45 pm

Estonut wrote:
Very cool, except that this Bill Brown guy stole all your stuff!!1

I'm going to have to kick his ass!!!
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

Vandal
Director of Promos

#7 Post by Vandal » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:00 pm

That is pretty awesome.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#8 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:54 pm

Wow! Amazing!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

christie1111

#9 Post by christie1111 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:08 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:Wow! Amazing!
I know! I wonder if it is permissble to have someone crochet one (or two) for a comission?

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#10 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:26 pm

christie1111 wrote:
I know! I wonder if it is permissible to have someone crochet one (or two) for a commission?
I was thinking the same thing. The pattern is free, so that's not a problem. If you can find somebody to negotiate a price with, go for it!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#11 Post by Sistine Fanny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:30 pm

When I saw this heading on your blog, I thought it was going to be about something that I keep meaning to post about. I watch Hercules every morning at 3 am on the Hub (don't judge me!) and, as we all know 3 am is Prime Time for ridiculous adverts. They have this one that is stuffed animals that light up in different colours and one of them is a unicorn. I was going to suggest you SUE!!!!1 them and pick up some coin. But I keep forgetting to remember the name of them. Something like Glow Pals, I think. But they have like 4 different stuffed animals gimmicks getting heavy rotation these days (including some that you put in the freezer to get cold).

I also was meaning to ask how the hell you knew what the word amigurumi meant when you were tossing it about in a cavalier fashion a while back. Well, now I know The Rest of the Story.....ha!
It's the Final Countdown.....

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#12 Post by Sistine Fanny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:32 pm

christie1111 wrote:
I know! I wonder if it is permissble to have someone crochet one (or two) for a comission?
I have no problem with the crocheting, but I suck at sewing up and such. If you'd like me to make the pieces and send them to you for assembly, we can work something out.

Rainbow Donkey Sweatshop TIme!!!!!11

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#13 Post by Sistine Fanny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:36 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
I know! I wonder if it is permissible to have someone crochet one (or two) for a commission?
I was thinking the same thing. The pattern is free, so that's not a problem. If you can find somebody to negotiate a price with, go for it!
Maybe Rainbow Donkey should be the mascot for all of us Denver Bronco!!!!1 fans....

It's almost time for my first game as a fan. My Welker tee is pressed and at the ready!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#14 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Sistine Fanny wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
Maybe Rainbow Donkey should be the mascot for all of us Denver Bronco!!!!1 fans....

It's almost time for my first game as a fan. My Welker tee is pressed and at the ready!
A Most Excellent Idea!

My #18 is the same.

We're all headed to MatiasMom's for the game Thursday. Except SteelersFan, who made a snarky remark about our quarterback.

Go Broncos!!!!!!

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#15 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Sistine Fanny wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:

Rainbow Donkey has been your Denver Broncos mascot since 2012!

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

christie1111

#16 Post by christie1111 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:57 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
Well, the pattern has been shared for personal use. It gets a bit tricky if anyone other than the designer should profit from the design.

It may be legal but is it ethical for someone other than the designer to profit from the design?

I think that she should offer them for sale through ES's site. I would be first in line if such a commisioned piece were available.

:-)

I just think she did such an amazing job of bringing Rainbow Donkey to 3D.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#17 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:19 pm

christie1111 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
christie1111 wrote:
Well, the pattern has been shared for personal use. It gets a bit tricky if anyone other than the designer should profit from the design.

It may be legal but is it ethical for someone other than the designer to profit from the design?

I think that she should offer them for sale through ES's site. I would be first in line if such a commisioned piece were available.

:-)

I just think she did such an amazing job of bringing Rainbow Donkey to 3D.

I get the impression that Rainbow Donkeys are not too easy to make, and even an expert would take a while to make one. Even with minimal demand, it would probably still take a long time to fill the demand...

I don't know about the ethics of somebody using a Creative Commons pattern to make something for someone else for money, but the actual work itself should at least be able to be compensated if one wasn't only doing it for themselves....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#18 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Sistine Fanny wrote:
When I saw this heading on your blog, I thought it was going to be about something that I keep meaning to post about. I watch Hercules every morning at 3 am on the Hub (don't judge me!) and, as we all know 3 am is Prime Time for ridiculous adverts. They have this one that is stuffed animals that light up in different colours and one of them is a unicorn. I was going to suggest you SUE!!!!1 them and pick up some coin. But I keep forgetting to remember the name of them. Something like Glow Pals, I think. But they have like 4 different stuffed animals gimmicks getting heavy rotation these days (including some that you put in the freezer to get cold).

I also was meaning to ask how the hell you knew what the word amigurumi meant when you were tossing it about in a cavalier fashion a while back. Well, now I know The Rest of the Story.....ha!

I'll have my NSAS attorney get on that right away, just as soon as he's done defending me from the lawsuit brought forth by the creators of Rainbow Brite....

lb13

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#19 Post by Sistine Fanny » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:54 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

lb13
He hasn't been "my" mascot!

However, I meant an actual physical mascot that you could put on top of the tv for luck, or throw at the screen when the refs are incompetent. You know, like your little dolls....

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#20 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:32 am

Like my sneaky possum Buster, Rainbow Donkey has become a trademark of my weekly comic strip, having appeared somewhere in every strip I have drawn this year either in real life form, art form, or even as an accessory.
When I read this, I said to myself, "Wait a minute! Where was Rainbow Donkey in the August 29 strip?" So I went back, and sure enough, Hooly is wearing Rainbow Donkey label skates!

Well done, LB.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#21 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
Like my sneaky possum Buster, Rainbow Donkey has become a trademark of my weekly comic strip, having appeared somewhere in every strip I have drawn this year either in real life form, art form, or even as an accessory.
When I read this, I said to myself, "Wait a minute! Where was Rainbow Donkey in the August 29 strip?" So I went back, and sure enough, Hooly is wearing Rainbow Donkey label skates!

Well done, LB.

It's my blog's version of Found It!

Rainbow Donkey will not be hard to find in this week's upcoming strip....

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#22 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 am

Sistine Fanny wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:

lb13
He hasn't been "my" mascot!

However, I meant an actual physical mascot that you could put on top of the tv for luck, or throw at the screen when the refs are incompetent. You know, like your little dolls....

Sorry, can't help you there. Maybe Esto will let you borrow his plushie ES....

lb13

rayxtwo

#23 Post by rayxtwo » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:38 pm

lb, did you get the PM I sent you?????

Ray