OMG!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
jarnon

OMG!

#1 Post by jarnon » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:35 am

I can't believe what contestant Sanjeev did at the start of today's show.
Spoiler
He got down on one knee, pulled out a ring, and proposed to his girlfriend. She said yes (they would have edited it out otherwise), and Cedric asked, "Is that your final answer?" Afterwards, Sanjeev said, "No matter what happens, I've already won."
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

christie1111
11:11

Re: OMG!

#2 Post by christie1111 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:40 am

I wonder what his hook was?

:roll:
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

geoffil

#3 Post by geoffil » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:37 am

I wonder what his hook was?
:lol:

rayxtwo

#4 Post by rayxtwo » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:36 pm

What if she would have said, "Win the million, then we'll talk".

Ray

tanstaafl2

#5 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:22 pm

rayxtwo wrote:What if she would have said, "Win the million, then we'll talk".

Ray
Then he would still be single 'cause that ain't happening...
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

ghostjmf

#6 Post by ghostjmf » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:31 am

Spoiler
I wish them well, but find this pretty scary, as well as tedious. Its not a good idea to schedule 2 things at the same time where your body chemistry is running all over the place. Not if you want to suceed at both things. Well, I guess it was up to the girlfriend to make one decision, but I wouldn't want to be playing millionaire with "what will they answer to my proposal" hanging over my head. Girlfriend really didn't look like they had rehearsed this (if they did, she's a great actress) but do most people want to be proposed to in front of a studio audience? As opposed to, say, a nice waterfall?

franktangredi

#7 Post by franktangredi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:07 am

There are four possible outcomes to this situation, and only one is a lose-lose. You could say this guy increased his odds of having a good day by 50%.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:12 pm

franktangredi wrote:There are four possible outcomes to this situation, and only one is a lose-lose. You could say this guy increased his odds of having a good day by 50%.

Alas, he didn't win the million and now he's stuck with her. So much for the odds....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Kazoo65

#9 Post by Kazoo65 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:28 pm

I was wondering if a contestant has to inform the APs beforehand if they wish to do something like this, or is it a spontaneous event?
I'm just a game show nerd.

MarleysGh0st

#10 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Kazoo65 wrote:I was wondering if a contestant has to inform the APs beforehand if they wish to do something like this, or is it a spontaneous event?
Absolutely, the APs knew about it.

It may have helped him pass his audition, but he definitely had to let the APs know when the time came to empty his pockets before starting the game. Nothing gets on stage in a contestant's pockets without their approval.

ladysoleil

#11 Post by ladysoleil » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Kazoo65 wrote:I was wondering if a contestant has to inform the APs beforehand if they wish to do something like this, or is it a spontaneous event?

It may have helped him pass his audition, but he definitely had to let the APs know when the time came to empty his pockets before starting the game. Nothing gets on stage in a contestant's pockets without their approval.
I didn't know they made you empty your pockets. Not that I ever have any pockets anyway, but that's interesting. I sometimes carry around a guitar pick given to me by my favorite musician for luck, when I have somewhere to store it.

Bob Juch

#12 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:47 am

ladysoleil wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

I didn't know they made you empty your pockets. Not that I ever have any pockets anyway, but that's interesting. I sometimes carry around a guitar pick given to me by my favorite musician for luck, when I have somewhere to store it.
They made me empty my pockets but didn't check; no pat-down.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 am

ladysoleil wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

Sorry, we don't allow lethal weapons like that on the premises...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#14 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:12 am

ladysoleil wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

The guitar pick would make an interesting hook...favorite musician, lucky talisman etc...
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

ladysoleil

#15 Post by ladysoleil » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:
The guitar pick would make an interesting hook...favorite musician, lucky talisman etc...
I can possibly confirm that it didn't work in an earlier failed audition, even though the story of how I got it was interesting. I think the band isn't well known enough.

MarleysGh0st

#16 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:13 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
ladysoleil wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

Sorry, we don't allow lethal weapons like that on the premises...

lb13
Found it!