Philly 8:30AM is in da house!!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
EgregiousPhilbin

Philly 8:30AM is in da house!!

#1 Post by EgregiousPhilbin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:16 pm

Yes, I'm an alumnus of one of the most prolific WWTBAM interview sessions ever, the 8:30AM Philadelphia session back in '00! The one with the killer written test that sent numerous non-MAWGs into the ROF and/or the Hot Seat (JBillygirl, Blackbeard's descendant, Tiger Hugger, etc.) I think Train in Vain, Skypikate, and I were three of only five test passers from that session who were NOT picked... and no, I wasn't the magician guy... I didn't stand out at all as memorable - I guess that was my problem!) This was back in the days of Sonny and the Two Jennifers. Ah, the good old days!

I haven't tried out in NYC for a couple of years... everytime I did I always seemed to get Curly Haired Jennifer who just never took a liking to me, I guess.

I leave you now with Regis's sage words from the original phone game that I long to hear again some day: "Have a paper, pencil, and a calendar ready... and good luck!"

traininvain

Re: Philly 8:30AM is in da house!!

#2 Post by traininvain » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:39 pm

EgregiousPhilbin wrote:Yes, I'm an alumnus of one of the most prolific WWTBAM interview sessions ever, the 8:30AM Philadelphia session back in '00! The one with the killer written test that sent numerous non-MAWGs into the ROF and/or the Hot Seat (JBillygirl, Blackbeard's descendant, Tiger Hugger, etc.) I think Train in Vain, Skypikate, and I were three of only five test passers from that session who were NOT picked... and no, I wasn't the magician guy... I didn't stand out at all as memorable - I guess that was my problem!) This was back in the days of Sonny and the Two Jennifers. Ah, the good old days!

I haven't tried out in NYC for a couple of years... everytime I did I always seemed to get Curly Haired Jennifer who just never took a liking to me, I guess.

I leave you now with Regis's sage words from the original phone game that I long to hear again some day: "Have a paper, pencil, and a calendar ready... and good luck!"
You forgot Vails (& his Mother in Law :) ) Is ghostjmf Blackbeard's descendant? It's been sooooooooooooooooo long I've forgotten most of it. All except for not being chosen out of that group. "Oh the pain" (to quote a local sports radio host).

Oh, and glad you found us.
Enjoy every sandwich

EgregiousPhilbin

#3 Post by EgregiousPhilbin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:21 pm

I'd forgotten about that guy waving around the 8x10 photo of his mother-in-law... a cheap gimmick for sure, but it worked! The other thing I remember was that there were several singing auditioners (it was more like American Idol and less like WWTBAM...) Again, whatever worked to get on the show - all's fair in love and war, I guess.

I really miss the days when WWTBAM in primetime was 'event' television. I haven't even bothered to tape the daytime version since it came on the air. The few episodes I've seen of it (when I'm home sick, usually) have left me nonplussed.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#4 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:40 am

EgregiousPhilbin wrote:Yes, I'm an alumnus of one of the most prolific WWTBAM interview sessions ever, the 8:30AM Philadelphia session back in '00!"
'01, of course. 3/30/01 if memory serves (No, I wasn't there, but as Bored historian...)

I'm sure Eyegor remembers....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:34 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
EgregiousPhilbin wrote:Yes, I'm an alumnus of one of the most prolific WWTBAM interview sessions ever, the 8:30AM Philadelphia session back in '00!"
'01, of course. 3/30/01 if memory serves (No, I wasn't there, but as Bored historian...)

Of course, our Bored Historian is correct. My memories are of the 7 pm session, though. Not quite the good old days of the Phone Game, but better than they are now...

eyégor
???????

#6 Post by eyégor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:25 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

Of course, our Bored Historian is correct. My memories are of the 7 pm session, though. Not quite the good old days of the Phone Game, but better than they are now...
Hey, we did OK in the 7 pm group - In populating the pool floaters!

Marley, myself, renejaws ....

& who went? I remember carsc, tejas teacher, well, all of the women passers except one, the one who kept saying she loves Regis all the time.

Too bad Harv didn't pass that test. I think he could have made it.

Have to work on remembering more. Haven't thought about Philly in a long time. Let's see. Corn, JBG & Jeannie in bed with Mark Dixon, Beers across the street woth Skypilate, corn, harv & JBG. Waking up the next morning with my worst migraine headache ever. Yup, Good Times.... :lol:

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:46 am

eyégor wrote:Hey, we did OK in the 7 pm group - In populating the pool floaters!

& who went? I remember carsc, tejas teacher, well, all of the women passers except one, the one who kept saying she loves Regis all the time.
Starfish was in our session, too, wasn't he?

However, I hardly count as a pool floater from that audition, since it took me two and a half more years before I tested the waters.

starfish1113

#8 Post by starfish1113 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:03 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
eyégor wrote:Hey, we did OK in the 7 pm group - In populating the pool floaters!

However, I hardly count as a pool floater from that audition, since it took me two and a half more years before I tested the waters.
Yep! I was there. Can't believe that 'gor forgot to list me! :shock:

I did receive a pc and was probably among the last of the floaters who faced reality and realized that I wasn't getting a call. My naivete got the best of me, I guess!

Corn

#9 Post by Corn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:39 am

EgregiousPhilbin wrote:Yes, I'm an alumnus of one of the most prolific WWTBAM interview sessions ever, the 8:30AM Philadelphia session back in '00! The one with the killer written test that sent numerous non-MAWGs into the ROF and/or the Hot Seat (JBillygirl, Blackbeard's descendant, Tiger Hugger, etc.) I think Train in Vain, Skypikate, and I were three of only five test passers from that session who were NOT picked... and no, I wasn't the magician guy... I didn't stand out at all as memorable - I guess that was my problem!) This was back in the days of Sonny and the Two Jennifers. Ah, the good old days!

heh. I think there were only two women not picked out of that one...and I so cannot remember the other's screenname although I can totally picture her face and remember various convos we had. that's sad. I did eventually get around curly-haired Jen and finally get to talk to 'skinny' Jen, who did pick me for Syndie, but that took oh, five more auditions. lol.

eyégor
???????

#10 Post by eyégor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:52 am

starfish1113 wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:

Yep! I was there. Can't believe that 'gor forgot to list me! :shock:

I did receive a pc and was probably among the last of the floaters who faced reality and realized that I wasn't getting a call. My naivete got the best of me, I guess!

Hey! Growing old is a terrible thing. The mind is the first thing to go, you know. :wink:

ghostjmf

#11 Post by ghostjmf » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:57 am

Blackbeard's descendant was "the other curly-haired woman contestant" at my taping. Not meeeeeee!

(Neither of us got to play.)

Corn

#12 Post by Corn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:41 pm

ah. tchase...does that sound right? (how odd that I can remember her real name and not her screen name.)

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:45 pm

Corn wrote:ah. tchase...does that sound right? (how odd that I can remember her real name and not her screen name.)
Chase1207?

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#14 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:47 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Corn wrote:ah. tchase...does that sound right? (how odd that I can remember her real name and not her screen name.)
Chase1207?
That's her. From South Jersey...

Corn

#15 Post by Corn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:50 pm

MarleysGh0st wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Chase1207?
That's her. From South Jersey...
yup that's it! good, that was going to bug me all day.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#16 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:09 pm

I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Corn

#17 Post by Corn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:13 pm

gah. in related news, I looked a lot younger six and a half years ago.