Did you know Ted Cruz is a Canadian

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
macrae1234

Did you know Ted Cruz is a Canadian

#1 Post by macrae1234 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:51 am

Hard to believe the first Hispanic Senator from Texas and Tea Party leader in the Senate is from the great white north
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

jarnon

Re: Did you know Ted Cruz is a Canadian

#2 Post by jarnon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 am

Yep, and John McCain was born in Panama, and George Romney (Mitt's dad and a Presidential candidate himself) was born in Mexico. That helps explain why the GOP didn't make Obama's Kenyan birth a big issue.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:01 pm

jarnon wrote:Yep, and John McCain was born in Panama, and George Romney (Mitt's dad and a Presidential candidate himself) was born in Mexico. That helps explain why the GOP didn't make Obama's Kenyan birth a big issue.
Obama's birth status is a big issue among Tea Partiers many of whom believe he's a deep cover Communist agent.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

macrae1234

#4 Post by macrae1234 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:03 pm

That helps explain why the GOP didn't make Obama's Kenyan birth a big issue.
Well somebody was must have been the Green Party damn rabel rousing, Birkenstock wearing, tree huggers

macrae1234

#5 Post by macrae1234 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:04 pm

Obama's birth status is a big issue among Tea Partiers many of whom believe he's a deep cover Communist agent
I guess they forgot about Cruz's Castro supporting Cuban Dad

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by ontellen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Yes, we are so proud. :evil:

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:26 pm

Nothing to say, except this one goes out to my good friend Jessie...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

christie1111
11:11

#8 Post by christie1111 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:55 pm

I'll say that this is probably the Found it!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

SpacemanSpiff

#9 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:28 pm

I know that Senator Cruz has renounced the Canadian part of his dual citizenship recently. Politics aside, it's a tough sell for a potential Presidential candidate to have a second passport, even if they are more American than not.

The true irony I've found with his Canadian birth is that Cruz is staunchly anti-Obamacare/ACA. Nevermind that a government-based health plan (AHCIP) helped him to get onto this planet.
"If you're dead, you don't have any freedoms at all." - Jason Isbell

macrae1234

#10 Post by macrae1234 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:59 pm

damn those mothers who sneak across the border to have their babies born in the government run health care system and get Canadian citizenship
but all kidding aside Cruz's mother would not have been eligible for Canadian health care a popular misconception is that Canadian health care is available free to anyone and it is definitely not. You must be a legal resident or have applied for legal residency. Any visitors foreign nationals working there like Cruz's parents must either have their own private health care or pay. Even me a Canadian born resident for 50 years lost my eligibility for Canadian Health care the month after we left, any time, like tonight, when we travel back to Ottawa we are covered by my US plan with the City or in my case medicare also and if worst comes to worst its a 40 minute drive to Ogdensburg NY. Any Canadian resident (snow bird) cannot stay south more than a total, for all visits and they check, of 182 days or they lose health care and must apply and wait 3 months. I could retun become a resident and in 3 months get health care also.

SpacemanSpiff

#11 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:03 pm

macrae1234 wrote:damn those mothers who sneak across the border to have their babies born in the government run health care system and get Canadian citizenship
but all kidding aside Cruz's mother would not have been eligible for Canadian health care a popular misconception is that Canadian health care is available free to anyone and it is definitely not. You must be a legal resident or have applied for legal residency. Any visitors foreign nationals working there like Cruz's parents must either have their own private health care or pay. Even me a Canadian born resident for 50 years lost my eligibility for Canadian Health care the month after we left, any time, like tonight, when we travel back to Ottawa we are covered by my US plan with the City or in my case medicare also and if worst comes to worst its a 40 minute drive to Ogdensburg NY. Any Canadian resident (snow bird) cannot stay south more than a total, for all visits and they check, of 182 days or they lose health care and must apply and wait 3 months. I could retun become a resident and in 3 months get health care also.
I should have remembered that part (wasn't sure if his mom was a Canadian citizen or not). I remember Judy told me that a lot of the Canadian hockey players that played in Germany would come home during the Christmas break for, among other reasons, just to make sure they didn't have too many days outside of the country so they could keep their insurance (translation - off-season suguries!).

macrae1234

#12 Post by macrae1234 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:15 pm

I should have remembered that part (wasn't sure if his mom was a Canadian citizen or not).
If mother Canadian and father Cuban born in Canada = not eligible to be president

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:20 pm

SpacemanSpiff wrote:I know that Senator Cruz has renounced the Canadian part of his dual citizenship recently. Politics aside, it's a tough sell for a potential Presidential candidate to have a second passport, even if they are more American than not.
Every Democrat I know supports Ted Cruz's right to run for President and wishes him well in the Republican primaries.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:29 pm

ontellen wrote:Yes, we are so proud. :evil:
You can have him back then.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#15 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:31 pm

macrae1234 wrote:
I should have remembered that part (wasn't sure if his mom was a Canadian citizen or not).
If mother Canadian and father Cuban born in Canada = not eligible to be president
His mother was a USA citizen. While McCain and Obama qualified as "native born", I'm not sure Cruz does. Pehaps his Republican opponents in a Presidential primary might make a big deal about it but we Democrats hope he wins.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

elwoodblues

#16 Post by elwoodblues » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:00 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Nothing to say, except this one goes out to my good friend Jessie...

lb13
So he is fili-Buster-ing? Oh God, I'm so funny.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#17 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:51 pm

elwoodblues wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Nothing to say, except this one goes out to my good friend Jessie...

lb13
So he is fili-Buster-ing? Oh God, I'm so funny.

It's the second time I've used that pun this year....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

SpacemanSpiff

#18 Post by SpacemanSpiff » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:48 pm

macrae1234 wrote:
Good point (unless, of course, she was herself a dual citizen. But I think she wasn't.)

Then again, Cubans are dang near considered automatic US citizens once they hit American soil. The only (unintentional) joke that actually got a response from INS was when Judy asked rhetorically "how can we make this process move faster?" and I said "Tell them you're Cuban." Four out of five agents in earshot actually laughed and nodded in agreement.

ontellen
FNGD Forum Moderator

#19 Post by ontellen » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:24 pm

To Bob Juch - We have more than enough idiots in Parliament and especially the senate here. We don't need your castoffs.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:08 am

ontellen wrote:To Bob Juch - We have more than enough idiots in Parliament and especially the senate here. We don't need your castoffs.
So you're not interested in taking Sarah Palin off our hands? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Jessie

#21 Post by Jessie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:23 pm

lb13
:lol: Beast, read my mind!!! :lol:
Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2010
Co-Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2014

Jessie

#22 Post by Jessie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:25 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:I know that Senator Cruz has renounced the Canadian part of his dual citizenship recently. Politics aside, it's a tough sell for a potential Presidential candidate to have a second passport, even if they are more American than not.
Every Democrat I know supports Ted Cruz's right to run for President and wishes him well in the Republican primaries.
Ditto
Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2010
Co-Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2014

a1mamacat

#23 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:39 pm

you have to be a permanent resident, landed immigrant, or here on a student or work visa to qualify for provincial medical coverage.

You have to physically reside within your home province for 6 months plus 1 day in a calendar year to maintain your coverage.

You don't qualify if you are applying for perm res, only after it is awarded.

and fix the title.. Ted Cruz WAS a Canadian....
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob Juch

#24 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:10 pm

a1mamacat wrote:you have to be a permanent resident, landed immigrant, or here on a student or work visa to qualify for provincial medical coverage.

You have to physically reside within your home province for 6 months plus 1 day in a calendar year to maintain your coverage.

You don't qualify if you are applying for perm res, only after it is awarded.
Or you have to be Sarah Palin. :mrgreen:

themanintheseersuckersuit

#25 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:42 am

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.