WTF is this hiring manager thinking?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

WTF is this hiring manager thinking?

#1 Post by gsabc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:40 am

Twenty-plus years of batch record review and deviation investigation and fifteen as supervisor/manager isn't enough experience for the role??? This was the feedback to a recruiter who submitted my resume to a company looking for a group manager. The recruiter couldn't figure it out, either.

This is just so frustrating. I can probably find a flock of doves, but where can I rent a heavenly choir? Not a choir that sounds heavenly, but one literally from Heaven? I think it may take that level of revelation to convince some people that I'm the right candidate for their open position.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: WTF is this hiring manager thinking?

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:44 am

gsabc wrote:Twenty-plus years of batch record review and deviation investigation and fifteen as supervisor/manager isn't enough experience for the role??? This was the feedback to a recruiter who submitted my resume to a company looking for a group manager. The recruiter couldn't figure it out, either.

This is just so frustrating. I can probably find a flock of doves, but where can I rent a heavenly choir? Not a choir that sounds heavenly, but one literally from Heaven? I think it may take that level of revelation to convince some people that I'm the right candidate for their open position.

I think I can help...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:21 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I think I can help...

lb13
Found it! Hope it works.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:34 am

LOL! Thank you! May I make a copy to print out and carry with me on my next interview? It can't hurt.

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:36 am

BTW, even monster.com hates me. I try to do a search there and I get an "unexpected error". Like they'd have expected ones?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#6 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:52 am

gsabc wrote:Twenty-plus years of batch record review and deviation investigation and fifteen as supervisor/manager isn't enough experience for the role??? This was the feedback to a recruiter who submitted my resume to a company looking for a group manager. The recruiter couldn't figure it out, either.

Sounds like a pretext. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:04 am

gsabc wrote:LOL! Thank you! May I make a copy to print out and carry with me on my next interview? It can't hurt.

Absolutely! I hope it works for you....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

elwoodblues

#8 Post by elwoodblues » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

Sounds like a pretext. --Bob
Very likely a pretext. Someone younger and cheaper and with a fraction of your experience will end up with that job.

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:51 pm

That suck, G - hang in there.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire