The CW orders new horror-themed '13' reality series

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

The CW orders new horror-themed '13' reality series

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 am

The CW has announced it's ordered 13, a new reality competition series/horror movie hybrid that is scheduled to debut this summer.

"This series is the first to take the horror movie into the reality world," said The CW president Dawn Ostroff. "The action takes contestants on a journey with challenges and games designed to frighten them along the way. Similar to horror films, the challenges will play into our deepest fears and anxieties and will reveal things the contestants never knew about themselves."

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the- ... r-6745.php
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

MarleysGh0st

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:50 am

Okaaay.

So, like Who Wants To Be A Superhero, they'll have to create challenges that appear frightening and dangerous but really aren't. And, disappointingly, they contestants won't really be able to use lethal violence in a valiant (if futile) attempt to defend themselves from the monsters. :twisted:

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#3 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:04 am

My biggest fear is crummy reality shows.

Especially ones that take the number 13 in vain....

lb13

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:05 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Okaaay.

So, like Who Wants To Be A Superhero, they'll have to create challenges that appear frightening and dangerous but really aren't. And, disappointingly, they contestants won't really be able to use lethal violence in a valiant (if futile) attempt to defend themselves from the monsters. :twisted:
One hopes they can use it instead against the morons who came up with this idea, and the PTB morons who okayed it. The fewer of those folks who remain, the better.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.