My story.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
peacock2121

#1 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:00 am

Lucky us!

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 am

What's with the blue letters? Is that a code? Is it consciously subliminal? Are we being watched? Where are we?
Well, then

gsabc

#3 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:49 am

They're links to something, probably an inimical something for your computer. Be careful when you do it, but if you pass your cursor over them, you can see the link addresses along the bottom of your IE browser. Not sure if it's the same on other browsers. Do NOT(!!!!) click on one.

Could one of our administrators please delete this piece of drek?
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:55 am

You mean he/she doesn't really find us entertaining and doesn't really want to be our friend?

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:00 am

gsabc wrote:They're links to something, probably an inimical something for your computer. Be careful when you do it, but if you pass your cursor over them, you can see the link addresses along the bottom of your IE browser. Not sure if it's the same on other browsers. Do NOT(!!!!) click on one.

The same (or slightly varied) message with imbedded links has been posted on 917 forums or blogs, according to a Google search for the key word in the link.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:06 am

gsabc wrote:They're links to something, probably an inimical something for your computer. Be careful when you do it, but if you pass your cursor over them, you can see the link addresses along the bottom of your IE browser. Not sure if it's the same on other browsers. Do NOT(!!!!) click on one.

Oh, yes. I didn't even notice the blue letters the first time I read it.

I know we want our moderators to keep a fairly hands-off approach, but I agree that this is one entry that should be deleted with extreme prejudice.

starfish1113

#7 Post by starfish1113 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 am

Do you mean that analfinder.info has nothing to do with BAM???

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

Oh, yes. I didn't even notice the blue letters the first time I read it.

I know we want our moderators to keep a fairly hands-off approach, but I agree that this is one entry that should be deleted with extreme prejudice.
I agree - the links are to a site called "analfinder" and I'm pretty sure it's not somewhere I would want to go. Please, Mr. Administrator, please, get rid of this message.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

gsabc

#9 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 am

silvercamaro wrote:The same (or slightly varied) message with imbedded links has been posted on 917 forums or blogs, according to a Google search for the key word in the link.
That keyword seems to indicate that our friend needs both hands, a mouse AND an Internet search to find his/hers.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:22 am

Done. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

MarleysGh0st

#11 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:39 am

Bob78164 wrote:Done. --Bob
Thanks, Bob!

Should we delete his name from our member list, too?

earendel

#12 Post by earendel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:39 am

Bob78164 wrote:

Done. --Bob
Thanks, Bob
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#13 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:53 am

gsabc wrote:They're links to something, probably an inimical something for your computer. Be careful when you do it, but if you pass your cursor over them, you can see the link addresses along the bottom of your IE browser.
The safer way to accomplish this is to apply the quote option. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson