Bonding

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
PlacentiaSoccerMom

Bonding

#1 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Maddie is off at the State Championships for Mock Trial, Jeff is at a Medical Conference, so I took Emma to Dave & Busters.

She quickly realized that if we played the trivia game, we could earn a lot of tickets. The key was to play three controllers between the two of us because each player ends up getting tickets. One you try playing four controllers, one player gets left out of the ticket bonanza.

It was funny listening to her, because she groaned every time the Sports category came up because she knew that it would be likely that we would miss it. We could have had more tickets , but I wanted to play Skee-Ball, which doesn't have a generous pay structure.

After we left Dave & Busters, we went to Steve & Barrys. I had never been to the store, but I couldn't believe how cheap and cute the clothes are. Just about everything in the store is $8.98, including shoes. (It's a good deal on hoodies, and pants, not such a great deal on underpants.)

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I've never heard of either of those two places, but it sounds like a great day for both of you. It's nice for Emma to have you all to herself occasionally.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

MarleysGh0st

Re: Bonding

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:59 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:She quickly realized that if we played the trivia game, we could earn a lot of tickets.
Always nice to hear how she's assimilated to your family's particular hobby! :D

Tocqueville3

Re: Bonding

#4 Post by Tocqueville3 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:54 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Maddie is off at the State Championships for Mock Trial, Jeff is at a Medical Conference, so I took Emma to Dave & Busters.

She quickly realized that if we played the trivia game, we could earn a lot of tickets. The key was to play three controllers between the two of us because each player ends up getting tickets. One you try playing four controllers, one player gets left out of the ticket bonanza.

It was funny listening to her, because she groaned every time the Sports category came up because she knew that it would be likely that we would miss it. We could have had more tickets , but I wanted to play Skee-Ball, which doesn't have a generous pay structure.

After we left Dave & Busters, we went to Steve & Barrys. I had never been to the store, but I couldn't believe how cheap and cute the clothes are. Just about everything in the store is $8.98, including shoes. (It's a good deal on hoodies, and pants, not such a great deal on underpants.)
You're a good mom.

8)

peacock2121

#5 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:09 am

I get a sense from your postings that you think that maybe Emma feels left out of things in your household. Not that I think she is left out, but that you try extra hard to not have her feel left out. This was a great thing you did to address that concern. Good for you.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#6 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:21 am

peacock2121 wrote:I get a sense from your postings that you think that maybe Emma feels left out of things in your household. Not that I think she is left out, but that you try extra hard to not have her feel left out. This was a great thing you did to address that concern. Good for you.
I like hanging out with Emma, because she's actually is a kid. Maddie is like Athena, she sprang out as a mini-adult.

When she was little, Maddie never wanted to cuddle, she had too many things to do, books to read and worlds to conquer. When Emma was a toddler, she was content to cuddle and play for hours. Maddie was jealous in some ways and used to try to cuddle too. She got impatient because she wasn't accomplishing anything and would quickly leave to do something else.

Because my kids are so different I have different relationships with them.

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:03 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:I get a sense from your postings that you think that maybe Emma feels left out of things in your household. Not that I think she is left out, but that you try extra hard to not have her feel left out. This was a great thing you did to address that concern. Good for you.

Because my kids are so different I have different relationships with them.
To me, that is one of the signs of a great mom.