Snipers Qualify Me to Handle the 3 am Phone Call

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
wintergreen48

Snipers Qualify Me to Handle the 3 am Phone Call

#1 Post by wintergreen48 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:21 pm

OK, you have no doubt heard about the sniper incidents on I-64 here in God's country this week.

As some of you may recall, the Wonder Child (who will graduate in May with two degrees) and Awesome Andrew are both students at Virginia Tech, where the first day of classes last year was canceled when a convict escaped and shot some folks and then the last days of classes last year were canceled when a student flipped out and shot a lot of folks. Well, Baby Nicholas, currently a high school junior, has been thinking about making Tech a Wintergreen Family hat trick, so we headed on out there to spend a few days checking out the campus, sitting in on some classes, etc.

Well again, as some of you would know, to get to Tech from here, you head out west by way of I-64, in fact, you drive right through the area where the sniper incidents took place (about fifty miles west of my house). And I am here to say that I have strong memories of coming under sniper fire on this trip, and remember well having had to make special maneuvers to get there safely (I had to turn on my headlights when we went over Afton Mountain, due to fog; and trickier yet, there's a really tough exit to get to the Dunkin' Donuts outside Lexington).

Now, some might cavil that it is unlikely that we actually came under sniper fire: we traveled on that road on Sunday (heading west) and on Monday (returning east), and the reported sniper incidents occurred on Wednesday, but this is just a distraction foisted by my political opponents: I was there, they were not.

In any event, I am hoping that those of you who happen to live in Pennsylvania who will be voting in the primary will keep my experience in mind when you cast your votes. Remember:

Wintergreen: The Flavor Lasts

Jeemie

Re: Snipers Qualify Me to Handle the 3 am Phone Call

#2 Post by Jeemie » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:51 pm

wintergreen48 wrote:OK, you have no doubt heard about the sniper incidents on I-64 here in God's country this week.

As some of you may recall, the Wonder Child (who will graduate in May with two degrees) and Awesome Andrew are both students at Virginia Tech, where the first day of classes last year was canceled when a convict escaped and shot some folks and then the last days of classes last year were canceled when a student flipped out and shot a lot of folks. Well, Baby Nicholas, currently a high school junior, has been thinking about making Tech a Wintergreen Family hat trick, so we headed on out there to spend a few days checking out the campus, sitting in on some classes, etc.

Well again, as some of you would know, to get to Tech from here, you head out west by way of I-64, in fact, you drive right through the area where the sniper incidents took place (about fifty miles west of my house). And I am here to say that I have strong memories of coming under sniper fire on this trip, and remember well having had to make special maneuvers to get there safely (I had to turn on my headlights when we went over Afton Mountain, due to fog; and trickier yet, there's a really tough exit to get to the Dunkin' Donuts outside Lexington).

Now, some might cavil that it is unlikely that we actually came under sniper fire: we traveled on that road on Sunday (heading west) and on Monday (returning east), and the reported sniper incidents occurred on Wednesday, but this is just a distraction foisted by my political opponents: I was there, they were not.

In any event, I am hoping that those of you who happen to live in Pennsylvania who will be voting in the primary will keep my experience in mind when you cast your votes. Remember:

Wintergreen: The Flavor Lasts
If you'll promise to turn back this nonsense talk of giving the Fed even more power, you've got my vote!
1979 City of Champions 2009

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:12 pm

I dunno, can a Pope be President?
Or maybe your avatar is only a Cardinal in which case I'd rather vote for Craig Paquette.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.