The Blue Angels were here all weekend.

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
lilclyde54

The Blue Angels were here all weekend.

#1 Post by lilclyde54 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:51 pm

We had a big air show all weekend down here at Meridian NAS. Of course the highlight was the Blue Angels. My family hs some land that is on the edge of the base and some buddies and I went out to one of our pastures Saturday to watch the show from there. Not only could we do just about anything we wanted to out there, but the Blue Angels flew almost right over us as they came out and turned around. The stunt planes and stuff weren't as visible from our vantage point but we had great views of the Blue Angels without being piled in with the 50,000 people who came to the base. Instead of the 2-3 hours most people took to get off base, we were home in 10 minutes. :D For the last airshow we watched from the roof of my bar but skipped that in favor of the pasture this time.

Yesterday I was sitting out on our deck reading and all 6 of the Blue Angels flew over the lake I live on at about 1,000 feet. I guess they were headed home to Pensacola. I hate I didn't have a camera out there with me. It would have been a cool shot with the far end of the lake as a background and the edge of my deck in the foreground. This lake is 1,700 acres and is a very popular living spot for the pilots who are undergoing their jet training here. In fact, of the 19 houses on my street, 4 are occupied by either pilot trainees or instructors. It is almost certain that at least a couple of those Blue Angel pilots got their jet instruction here.

John McCain was also at the air show yesterday and is giving a speech at a big gathering tonight. McCain Field here at Meridian NAS is named for his grandfather. John McCain was a pilot instructor here back in the early days of the base.

It was a busy week in the village.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

Bob Juch

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:01 pm

When I worked in Boise, the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds took turns doing an air show each year. One year the Blue Angles practised across from the airport, which happened to be across the freeway from my office. We all stopped working and went outside to watch them. After the maneuver when five jets come at each other then pull straight up, the guy who handled support calls for my product said, "You couldn't pay me to do that!" I replied, "You wouldn't have to pay me!"
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: The Blue Angels were here all weekend.

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:57 pm

lilclyde54 wrote:We had a big air show all weekend down here at Meridian NAS. Of course the highlight was the Blue Angels. My family hs some land that is on the edge of the base and some buddies and I went out to one of our pastures Saturday to watch the show from there. Not only could we do just about anything we wanted to out there, but the Blue Angels flew almost right over us as they came out and turned around. The stunt planes and stuff weren't as visible from our vantage point but we had great views of the Blue Angels without being piled in with the 50,000 people who came to the base. Instead of the 2-3 hours most people took to get off base, we were home in 10 minutes. :D For the last airshow we watched from the roof of my bar but skipped that in favor of the pasture this time.

Yesterday I was sitting out on our deck reading and all 6 of the Blue Angels flew over the lake I live on at about 1,000 feet. I guess they were headed home to Pensacola. I hate I didn't have a camera out there with me. It would have been a cool shot with the far end of the lake as a background and the edge of my deck in the foreground. This lake is 1,700 acres and is a very popular living spot for the pilots who are undergoing their jet training here. In fact, of the 19 houses on my street, 4 are occupied by either pilot trainees or instructors. It is almost certain that at least a couple of those Blue Angel pilots got their jet instruction here.

John McCain was also at the air show yesterday and is giving a speech at a big gathering tonight. McCain Field here at Meridian NAS is named for his grandfather. John McCain was a pilot instructor here back in the early days of the base.

It was a busy week in the village.
Wow. How totally awesome. I wanna come visit you next time an airshow is around.
Well, then