Transcript 04/04/2008 - Judy Spanberger (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 04/04/2008 - Judy Spanberger (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:15 am

Judy Spanberger
Minneapolis, MN
Waitress

Judy has worked some bizarre jobs including forklift driver, plumber's assistant and dragon egg wench at the Minnesota Renaissance Fair. "Dragon eggs" are actually geodes, sold at the fair. Judy thinks that Meredith would be good as a waitress because she's so warm and kind. Meredith says she's been a waitress and knows it's hard work.

Judy has only the STQ lifeline available.

$50K - Henry David Thoreau wrote the 1849 essay "Civil Disobedience" in response to his arrest for what?

A - tax evasion
B - perjury
C - disorderly conduct
D - harboring a fugitive

Judy isn't certain and doesn't want to leave with a lifeline intact so she decides to switch the question.

$50K (STQ) - Feared to be disappearing, the Aral Sea lies in Kazakhstan and what other country?

A - Mongolia
B - Russia
C - Turkmenistan
D - Uzbekistan

Judy studied a lot of seas but doesn't know this. It's a free guess so she makes "C" her final answer and leaves with $25K.

ANSWERS:
$50K - A (tax evasion)
$50K (STQ) - Uzbekistan

NellyLunatic1980

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:42 am

Not that it really mattered, but I would've guessed harboring a fugitive and Russia on these two questions.

earendel

Re: Transcript 04/04/2008 - Judy Spanberger (carryover)

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:35 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Judy Spanberger
Minneapolis, MN
Waitress

Judy has worked some bizarre jobs including forklift driver, plumber's assistant and dragon egg wench at the Minnesota Renaissance Fair. "Dragon eggs" are actually geodes, sold at the fair. Judy thinks that Meredith would be good as a waitress because she's so warm and kind. Meredith says she's been a waitress and knows it's hard work.
I thought she was going to say that Meredith would make a good wench.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K - Henry David Thoreau wrote the 1849 essay "Civil Disobedience" in response to his arrest for what?

A - tax evasion
B - perjury
C - disorderly conduct
D - harboring a fugitive

Judy isn't certain and doesn't want to leave with a lifeline intact so she decides to switch the question.
We read this in my junior year in high school (1969), as a commentary on the war protests and civil rights marches.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K (STQ) - Feared to be disappearing, the Aral Sea lies in Kazakhstan and what other country?

A - Mongolia
B - Russia
C - Turkmenistan
D - Uzbekistan

Judy studied a lot of seas but doesn't know this. It's a free guess so she makes "C" her final answer and leaves with $25K.
I wouldn't have seen this question, but had it been in the stack, I'd hae known it. A group of "us guys" gets together regularly to play a game called "Russian Rails". I've become familiar with the various "-stans" and their relationship to each other, as well as the natural features like the seas and mountains.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 04/04/2008 - Judy Spanberger (carryover)

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Judy has worked some bizarre jobs including forklift driver, plumber's assistant and dragon egg wench at the Minnesota Renaissance Fair.
Huzzah for the dragon egg wench! :)