B4 Team-The List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

B4 Team-The List

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:33 am

Week 261-

What will you do for your health and fitness this week?

I will get myself to a gym and eat more better. Last week when I was at the Shell Houston Open I walked a lot, but I ate like crud. I can see why print media types tend to get girthy.

Covering a golf event is weird because of the nature of it. If you are doing traditional media stories, you aren't really on the golf course at all because it is hard to get a sense of what is going on during the tournament.

So most media types stay at the media center the entire time and eat lots of bad for them food.

I wasn't about to spend my time at the golf course indoors, so I wrote the uh non-traditional golf stories like this one.....

Most reporters said that Daly withdrew from the tournament.

I had disturbing video evidence of why:

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/ ... t-massage/

In any event, I have to get on track.

Deaf Mini
Merry Man

#2 Post by Deaf Mini » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:38 am

I guess the exercise will be housecleaning. The weather will be yicky, then when it is nice I will be getting ready for company (Communion this weekend). And my husband has to go out of town for a funeral and my oldest so has an out-of-town field trip, so I am pretty much on my own with the housework AND Erin.

Happy happy joy joy. I will blast my new REM to relieve stress, I guess...
What?

kusch

#3 Post by kusch » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:43 am

I will continue the good portion control that I had last week.

Slightly off topic but related to B4. My daughter in Minneapolis tried out for the first round of tryouts(finals in a two weeks at the Mall of America) to become part of the Viking's Cheerleading squad. She did not get an invite to the finals but she did get an invite (30 get an invite) to the "training camp" program. She will train with the squad once a week for the next year so she will be better prepared for next year's tryouts. Most move from training camp to squad. She was happy with this result. Lots of new friends and a chance to "up" her workout schedule---she is a faithful workout type.

gsabc

#4 Post by gsabc » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:54 am

More sleep. Started the week with a severe deficit, thanks to our elderly pooch, bless her. Up since 3:45 AM today.

Keep up the eating habits. Weight loss is maintaining, even without the elliptical for the last three weeks.

Get back on the elliptical, assuming that the parts they sent us are sufficient for full repair. Dunno how the warranty service diagnoses it over the phone. Last time, the repair guy had some parts with him, and left behind some of the ones that had been sent.

Do whatever the doctor tells me when she finally returns my call, which was returning hers. She's out today, so results won't be known till tomorrow. I'm hoping that there's no extra medication involved, but judging from her statements during the appointment, that may be a futile hope. BP is up, despite the weight loss and current medication. Definitely a heredity thing, not environment.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Bixby17

#5 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:38 pm

kusch wrote:I will continue the good portion control that I had last week.

Slightly off topic but related to B4. My daughter in Minneapolis tried out for the first round of tryouts(finals in a two weeks at the Mall of America) to become part of the Viking's Cheerleading squad. She did not get an invite to the finals but she did get an invite (30 get an invite) to the "training camp" program. She will train with the squad once a week for the next year so she will be better prepared for next year's tryouts. Most move from training camp to squad. She was happy with this result. Lots of new friends and a chance to "up" her workout schedule---she is a faithful workout type.
Interesting.

I will be one of the judges of the Texans cheerleading squad this weekend. This is kinda funny given that I cannot touch my toes.

I have a bunch of volunteers that want to help me.

I have to figure out the perfect outfit to wear.

Ritterskoop

#6 Post by Ritterskoop » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Swim tonight.

Weights Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday.

Climb the stairs to class Saturday, and several times after class. Not much gets my heart rate up like that.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.