Mailbox Watch - Day 3

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Mailbox Watch - Day 3

#1 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:43 pm

No news.

The count is from the estimate that if TPTB made an extremely quick decision, either way, and mailed The Cards out last Friday, the earliest mine could have reached here is Monday. Making this Day 3.

Don't laugh about the quick decision part. I still have bitter memories of a job interview while in grad school. One of the best interviews I've EVER had, with a company about 50 miles from the school. Was sure I was going to get a call to come up and talk with the hiring managers. Instead, I got an FOAD letter THE NEXT DAY!!! They had to have mailed it almost before the interview to get to me in less than a day.

I found out later that the big bosses at the company had decided to put in a hiring freeze, unbeknownst to the people they were sending out to the local colleges to interview candidates. But they still had to have mailed it the day of the interview. Why waste everyone's time when the hiring freeze was a possibility?

Oh, FOAD? It's an acronym for what I called my rejection letters, representing what the company is really telling you. The last three letters stand for "Off And Die". You can figure out the meaning of the first letter.

And in the light of the other threads today, I have to say "Gee, an actual on-topic post!" :)
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

christie1111
11:11

Re: Mailbox Watch - Day 3

#2 Post by christie1111 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:56 pm

gsabc wrote:And in the light of the other threads today, I have to say "Gee, an actual on-topic post!" :)
How dare you!

:lol:
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#3 Post by cindy.wellman » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:59 pm

Good thoughts still being beamed your way GS. Is a postcard the method of delivery for the good news? I'm trying to conjure up the appropriate image while sending out the positive energy.

Love the FOAD comment, btw. I wonder if Kay would have come close to using that in the big brouhaha in the next thread over. LOL

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:06 pm

gsabc wrote: Don't laugh about the quick decision part.
Not at all, gsabc. Since there's only a couple weeks left in this taping season, what you really want to hope for at this point is for The Call to arrive before any post card has a chance to! Otherwise, you might luck out with a Happy Card and still be forgotten about before the start of next season. (Bitter experience talking here, pay me no mind if it suits you.)
gsabc wrote:And in the light of the other threads today, I have to say "Gee, an actual on-topic post!" :)
Well, technically speaking, the highlight of the day did start with an on-topic question about PAFs, even if it did take off into a wider discussion.

:roll:

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:15 pm

Cindy, supposedly you get a sad postcard :( or a happy postcard :D ,although a few here have received neither and some have just had a phone call soon after the audition and taped shortly thereafter (mostly limited to those in the NYC area).

It's been pretty much a two-four week wait for those auditioning, so we never know what to expect.

Good luck, GS!

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:38 pm

gsabc wrote:No news.

The count is from the estimate that if TPTB made an extremely quick decision, either way, and mailed The Cards out last Friday, the earliest mine could have reached here is Monday. Making this Day 3.
Maybe they'll just call you and skip the postcard part.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:27 am

I see a happy card and a call next season - early in the season.

Make me right.

gsabc

#8 Post by gsabc » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:48 am

MarleysGh0st wrote: ... Since there's only a couple weeks left in this taping season, what you really want to hope for at this point is for The Call to arrive before any post card has a chance to!
earendel wrote: Maybe they'll just call you and skip the postcard part.
I do have an ideal fantasy in mind in this regard, which I will not divulge except to say that while Meredith is in it, it does not involve whipped cream, whips or midgets. :twisted:
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

fuzzywuzzy

#9 Post by fuzzywuzzy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:53 pm

I do have an ideal fantasy in mind in this regard, which I will not divulge except to say that while Meredith is in it, it does not involve whipped cream, whips or midgets. :twisted:[/quote]

I know what it is gsabc.... Its a Big Party that we all go to when the Boston Red Sox win the World Series!!!! 8)

Remember... Meredith is from Rhode Island. Well, there could be whip cream involved! :lol:

Am I right? Huh? Am I?

fuzzy
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."
— Mark Twain

"Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
- Judy Garland