TAR 12 is coming!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
thguy65

TAR 12 is coming!

#1 Post by thguy65 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:10 pm

The teams are up at http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/

Dating Goths! Married lesbian ministers! Grandfather and grandson! Oh, my! :shock:

Looks like lots of fodder for vails if we can find him.
I have a cell # he gave me last year when he was in LA for 1v100. Anyone in the 202 area code want to try calling him? I can send a private message to any volunteers who want to reach out and touch someone.
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

Corn

#2 Post by Corn » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:46 pm

alas, I only ever had vails's go mail address. and if he's been around even less than I have, that address would be dead by now.

I am all amused because prior to a convention I attended over Labor Day, the Goth couple had both added me as MySpace friends, which I figured was because I had the convention MySpace friended. I remembered it as I rarely add strangers who friend me but they seemed like nice folks so I did add them back (and well, they're memorable. lol). I figure now they were also friending people from that group who also listed TAR as an interest since they had probably just gotten back from filming. Never actually met them, as it's a huge convention and I was at mostly the TV stuff while they would have been at the goth stuff, but it gave me a bit of a start to see them on the cast list today.

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:59 am

Pealette and I were talking this weekend about trying out - thinking that our relationship might be a good enough hook - step-mom and step-daughter where the step-mom is no longer married to the dad - now.... I am thinking - maybe not.

Since BDM is dragging his heels, I need to find another partner.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:03 am

peacock2121 wrote:Pealette and I were talking this weekend about trying out - thinking that our relationship might be a good enough hook - step-mom and step-daughter where the step-mom is no longer married to the dad - now.... I am thinking - maybe not.
Why not? I say go for it.
peacock2121 wrote:Since BDM is dragging his heels, I need to find another partner.
How about the "we met on an Internet message board" hook?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:31 am

peacock2121 wrote:Pealette and I were talking this weekend about trying out - thinking that our relationship might be a good enough hook - step-mom and step-daughter where the step-mom is no longer married to the dad - now.... I am thinking - maybe not.

The loving ex-stepmom and ex-stepdaughter hook sounds good to me.

But I really think we need to collectively kick beedum's keister until he gets into gear. There has been nothing on TAR that could compare to the team you two would make!

8)

peacock2121

#6 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:58 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

The loving ex-stepmom and ex-stepdaughter hook sounds good to me.

But I really think we need to collectively kick beedum's keister until he gets into gear. There has been nothing on TAR that could compare to the team you two would make!

8)
That is true - the thing is, he would be forced to show you a side of him few gets to see.

Otherwise, I would kick his ass

and cry

and kick his ass some more

MarleysGh0st

#7 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:28 am

peacock2121 wrote: That is true - the thing is, he would be forced to show you a side of him few gets to see.

Otherwise, I would kick his ass

and cry

and kick his ass some more
And those are all good things! :lol:

BDMs partner
Merry Man

#8 Post by BDMs partner » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:33 am

peacock2121 wrote:Since BDM is dragging his heels, I need to find another partner.
ahem

Sir_Galahad

#9 Post by Sir_Galahad » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:16 pm

peacock2121 wrote:
I wish I knew you better, Pea. This is something I have wanted to do for years but could not persuade Lady G to do it. She does not like the idea of her every move possibly being on camera for 45 days or so. Plus, she thinks that she is "too old" to go for it now. Several years ago, I had also toyed with the idea of trying out with my son. I thought that would have brought us closer together. My one daughter is not healthy enough (in my opinion) for the journey and my other (step-daughter) is absolutely atrocious when it comes to directions (the saying "couldn't find her way out of a paper bag comes to mind"). And, I had asked Ace if he wanted to try it but he couldn't spare the time. So, time passes and I ain't getting any younger.

As an oh-by-the-way, I think you'd be an absolute pissa to be on TAR with. :lol:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

peacock2121

#10 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:55 am

LOL - Thanks, sirge. I would be a pissah - with either Pealette or BDM. There would be totally different dynamics depending on my partner.

Pealette told me she would not do it with anyone else - I am the only one she would trust. Pretty cool, as I am trustworthy. She and I could and would do anything. She is afraid of things that don't scare me and I am afraid of things that don't scare her. She is concerned about the physical activities and that she would slow us down. She is much thinner than me and could not run a mile if there was a million dollars at the finish line. If we could determine which needed aerobic activity and which didn't, we would be fine. She is not afraid of getting lost and is the person I would want driving any where we go. She is fearless behind the wheel. We can also enroll almost anyone in almost anything - so people would help us. Neither of us would give up - ever.

BDM - I am just not sure. His gout could be a problem. His yelling at me would be a problem. His crustiness would tick me off. He is not good with following instructions. We would make great TV!

All this talk and I still have done nothing about an audition tape - so I am pretty much full of hot air right now.

earendel

Re: TAR 12 is coming!

#11 Post by earendel » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:38 am

thguy65 wrote:The teams are up at http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/

Dating Goths! Married lesbian ministers! Grandfather and grandson! Oh, my! :shock:

Looks like lots of fodder for vails if we can find him.
I have a cell # he gave me last year when he was in LA for 1v100. Anyone in the 202 area code want to try calling him? I can send a private message to any volunteers who want to reach out and touch someone.
Evidently the Goth couple is from Louisville. They are "devoted to 'keeping Louisville weird'" (there's an advertising campaign based on this.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."