Transcript 4/11/2008 - Lisa Beck

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 4/11/2008 - Lisa Beck

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:51 am

Lisa Beck
San Diego, CA
Dental office worker

Lisa is married with four children. Her family is a troup of performance roller skaters, known as "The Beck Family Rollers". Her son is 21 and serving in the National Guard, not as part of the troup.

$100 - Which of these televised programs would be most likely to feature a "laugh track"?

A - baseball game
B - sitcom
C - nightly news
D - State of the Union address

$200 - In the U.S., which of these products is commonly sold in containers labeled "2 liter"?

A - A.1 steak sauce
B - Heinz ketchup
C - Skippy peanut butter
D - Diet Coke

$300 - "Fathoms Below" and "Under the Sea" are two songs featured in what animated kids film?

A - The Lion King
B - Aladdin
C - The Little Mermaid
D - A Bug's Life

$500 - Since 1905, what historic landmark has been managed by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas?

A - Empire State Building
B - Golden Gate Bridge
C - The Alamo
D - Plymouth Rock

$1K - In 2007, what country launched a pro baseball league featuring the Tel Aviv Lightning?

A - Israel
B - Syria
C - Iran
D - Saudi Arabia

$2K - By definition, someone singing falsetto is singing how?

A - in a foreign language
B - very rapidly
C - with a group
D - in a high-pitched voice

Meredith noted that Lisa's voice went up as she answered the question.

$4K - The llama is native to what continent?

A - Africa
B - Asia
C - Australia
D - South America

Lisa owns three llamas. Meredith asks if they roller skate. They don't. They have famous names - Cuzco, Fernando and Lorenzo. Meredith has a blank look for a moment, then says, "Oh, Fernando Lamas", slapping the side of her head.

Commercial break

$8K - In the human body, the five lower pairs of ribs are known as "false ribs" because they are not directly attached to the what?

A - scapula
B - sternum
C - coccyx
D - clavicle

$16K - What TV journalist criscrossed the country in a motor home for his famous "On the Road" segments?

A - Walter Cronkite
B - Bill Moyers
C - Charles Kuralt
D - Morley Safer

Lisa isn't completely sure so she's going to ask "this super intelligent audience" for help.

ATA results:
A - 5%
B - 6%
C - 82%
D - 7%

The audience's answer is what she was leaning toward.

$25K - Often seen on the arms of celebs, the coveted Birkin bag was introduced in 1984 by what fashion house?

A - Hermes
B - Fendi
C - Prada
D - Louis Vuitton

Lisa doesn't know and decides to call Mark, someone who knows a lot about stuff. Lisa reads the question, then re-reads parts of it. Mark finally says he thinks it's Louis Vuitton but can't say how certain he is. Lisa asks for the 50/50, which leaves A and C. Given that result she decides to walk with her $16K.

commercial break

ANSWERS:
$100 - B (sitcom)
$200 - D (Diet Coke)
$300 - C (The Little Mermaid)
$500 - C (The Alamo)
$1K - A (Israel)
$2K - D (in a high-pitched voice)
$4K - D (South America)
$8K - B (sternum)
$16K - C (Charles Kuralt)
$25K - A (Hermes)

gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:36 pm

No problem till the fashion nonsense. Figure ATA will get that, and into the top tier with 3 LL's. She probably wishes she hadn't used the ATA on the $16K.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 4/11/2008 - Lisa Beck

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:48 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $4K - The llama is native to what continent?

A - Africa
B - Asia
C - Australia
D - South America

Lisa owns three llamas. Meredith asks if they roller skate. They don't. They have famous names - Cuzco, Fernando and Lorenzo. Meredith has a blank look for a moment, then says, "Oh, Fernando Lamas", slapping the side of her head.
What a special moment! Not only a shout-out to one of the show's mascots, but with a contestant who actually owns some! If only she had named one of the llamas "Hannibal". :lol:

I'd also be hoping the audience could help on that Birkin bag question.

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:49 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100 - Which of these televised programs would be most likely to feature a "laugh track"?

A - baseball game
B - sitcom
C - nightly news
I could smell that D answer coming from a mile away... :P
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - The llama is native to what continent?

A - Africa
B - Asia
C - Australia
D - South America

Too bad she didn't name one of those llamas "Roseman".

$25K: No clue. The New York audience should easily know this one. Ask them.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:37 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lisa Beck
San Diego, CA
Dental office worker

Lisa is married with four children. Her family is a troup of performance roller skaters, known as "The Beck Family Rollers". Her son is 21 and serving in the National Guard, not as part of the troup.
That's certainly a new hook.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100 - Which of these televised programs would be most likely to feature a "laugh track"?

A - baseball game
B - sitcom
C - nightly news
Depends upon which teams are playing - if it's the Tigers, it's probably a "cry track". :lol:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$300 - "Fathoms Below" and "Under the Sea" are two songs featured in what animated kids film?

A - The Lion King
B - Aladdin
C - The Little Mermaid
D - A Bug's Life
I've seen "The Little Mermaid" lots of times (I like it), but I don't recall a song called "Fathoms Below". I wonder if that's from the Broadway musical.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - The llama is native to what continent?

A - Africa
B - Asia
C - Australia
D - South America

This should have been the $100 question. :lol:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - What TV journalist criscrossed the country in a motor home for his famous "On the Road" segments?

A - Walter Cronkite
B - Bill Moyers
C - Charles Kuralt
D - Morley Safer

Lisa isn't completely sure so she's going to ask "this super intelligent audience" for help.

ATA results:
A - 5%
B - 6%
C - 82%
D - 7%

The audience's answer is what she was leaning toward.
A shame she didn't go with her "leaning" rather than use the lifeline. I was a big fan of those segments.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K - Often seen on the arms of celebs, the coveted Birkin bag was introduced in 1984 by what fashion house?

A - Hermes
B - Fendi
C - Prada
D - Louis Vuitton

Lisa doesn't know and decides to call Mark, someone who knows a lot about stuff. Lisa reads the question, then re-reads parts of it. Mark finally says he thinks it's Louis Vuitton but can't say how certain he is. Lisa asks for the 50/50, which leaves A and C. Given that result she decides to walk with her $16K.
I have no idea. I hope the audience does, because I'm going to ask them.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Appa23

#6 Post by Appa23 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:49 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$300 - "Fathoms Below" and "Under the Sea" are two songs featured in what animated kids film?

A - The Lion King
B - Aladdin
C - The Little Mermaid
D - A Bug's Life
I've seen "The Little Mermaid" lots of times (I like it), but I don't recall a song called "Fathoms Below". I wonder if that's from the Broadway musical.
It is the very first song in the movie, IIRC, sung by the ship's crew.

Kazoo65

#7 Post by Kazoo65 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:25 pm

OK up to $25K. Ask the audience-high fashion isn't in my wheelhouse.

As for the Tigers-they're now 2 and 10. It's gonna be a LOOOOONG season.
I'm just a game show nerd.

takinover

#8 Post by takinover » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:12 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lisa Beck
San Diego, CA
Dental office worker

$25K - Often seen on the arms of celebs, the coveted Birkin bag was introduced in 1984 by what fashion house?

A - Hermes
B - Fendi
C - Prada
D - Louis Vuitton

Why oh why don't people have a Google-a-friend available at this stage in the WWTBAM game. Too much is at stake. For Lisa, it was an additional $9K and an opportunity for more.