Transcript 4/11/2008 - John O'Connor

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 4/11/2008 - John O'Connor

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:54 am

John O'Connor
Rockville, MD
Bartender and student studying criminology at the University of Maryland

Meredith asks if John has any outstanding loans. John replies that his stepmother is behind hkm and she's probably ready to collect on a few of them.

$100 - At the Olympic Games, first-place winners traditionally receive medals coated with at least six grams of what?

A - jade
B - gold
C - glass
D - endorsement contracts

$200 - By definition, a person who is "backpedaling" is using what mode of transportation?

A - bicycle
B - sled
C - hot air balloon
D - submarine

$300 - What Tom Hanks movie features the line "All my life I've been waiting for someone, and when I find her she's...she's a fish"?

A - Bachelor Party
B - A League of their Own
C - Splash
D - Turner & Hooch

$500 - An atom, an oil derrick, a windmill and a dynamo are all depicted on the official seal of what U.S. department?

A - Justice
B - Energy
C - Education
D - Treasury

John says they're all sources of energy.

$1K - What synonym for "happiness" appears in the name for a common type of singing club?

A - glee
B - myrth
C - joy
D - bliss

John has heard of "glee clubs" and can't imagine any of the others.

THE HORN!!!!!

John will be back on Monday with all his lifelines available.

ANSWERS:
$100 - B (gold)
$200 - A (bicycle)
$300 - C (Splash)
$500 - B (Energy)
$1K - A (glee)

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 4/11/2008 - John O'Connor

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:51 am

So far, so good.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:25 am

Here's an article promoting John's carry-over appearance.

Mini-Spoiler: The article begins with one of the questions and answers from today's episode.

http://media.www.diamondbackonline.com/ ... age2.shtml
The process that culminates Monday took years to develop, beginning when O'Connor was in high school and was a big fan of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, then a number-one rated ABC primetime success hosted by Regis Philbin.

O'Connor watched his father unsuccessfully attempt to become a contestant on the show, and a few years later, he decided to give it a try himself.

"Being on a game show has always been a dream of his," said Blair Morris, O'Connor's girlfriend, who said he spoke of his Millionaire aspirations the first time they went out.
And a dream of his father's, too, I bet.
O'Connor's father only had to take a quick multiple choice test over the phone, but the new application process required O'Connor to go to New York and wait outside the studio in the hopes of getting tickets to a taping. Before he was admitted to the audience, he filled out a multiple choice test given to anyone interested in becoming a contestant.

O'Connor said he didn't think he did well on the test, but he credited his personality as a reason the producers selected him as one of ten finalists to have a chance at being a contestant at a later taping.

"I realized that being in the studio, there are cameras all over the place. I thought that if I was acting crazy, somebody in the control room might notice that," O'Connor said.
A few details seem distorted there. But still...<sigh>

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:21 am

I see the show early. Don't read the spoiler if you don't want to know what happens!
Spoiler
John may know a lot but for $16K he didn't know what animal is also known as a polecat. 50/50 left skunk and opossum.

Next contestant was fine up to 25K question. Paraphrased - approximate median income of household in 2006 (U S Census report figure).
50/50 left 38,000 & 48,000. PAF Walt is 97% sure and we have another $1K winner!

3rd contestant llamas on $300 - "aw-shucks" is used to describe a person with which trait? She did take time to think about it, but still got it wrong.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

earendel

Re: Transcript 4/11/2008 - John O'Connor

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:39 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:John O'Connor
Rockville, MD
Bartender and student studying criminology at the University of Maryland

Meredith asks if John has any outstanding loans. John replies that his stepmother is behind hkm and she's probably ready to collect on a few of them.
OK, so Rockville may not be in the WE® area, but the contestant is in the WE® professional zone.

Nihil obstat® so far.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:42 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:Here's an article promoting John's carry-over appearance.

Mini-Spoiler: The article begins with one of the questions and answers from today's episode.

http://media.www.diamondbackonline.com/ ... age2.shtml
O'Connor's father only had to take a quick multiple choice test over the phone, but the new application process required O'Connor to go to New York and wait outside the studio in the hopes of getting tickets to a taping. Before he was admitted to the audience, he filled out a multiple choice test given to anyone interested in becoming a contestant.
"Only" had to take a quick multiple choice test?
MarleysGh0st wrote:
O'Connor said he didn't think he did well on the test, but he credited his personality as a reason the producers selected him as one of ten finalists to have a chance at being a contestant at a later taping.

"I realized that being in the studio, there are cameras all over the place. I thought that if I was acting crazy, somebody in the control room might notice that," O'Connor said.
A few details seem distorted there. But still...<sigh>
At least he's not playing the "reluctant contestant" card.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."