Keeping my fingers crossed

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Sir_Galahad

Keeping my fingers crossed

#1 Post by Sir_Galahad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:39 am

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Perhaps the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about...

Bob Juch

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:43 am

He's probably going to wonder why no press shows up.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Sir_Galahad

#3 Post by Sir_Galahad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:44 am

Bob Juch wrote:He's probably going to wonder why no press shows up.
I think he is smarter than that.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:46 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
You mean he is smart enough to know why?

Sir_Galahad

#5 Post by Sir_Galahad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:55 am

peacock2121 wrote:
Sir_Galahad wrote:
Of course! If I were in his shoes I would certainly know why. His getting into the race would probably gather a collective yawn from the liberal media. The story may appear as a one-line blurb on page 57 of the N.Y. Times.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:02 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:
Sir_Galahad wrote: I think he is smarter than that.
Of course! If I were in his shoes I would certainly know why. His getting into the race would probably gather a collective yawn from the liberal media. The story may appear as a one-line blurb on page 57 of the N.Y. Times.
Not only that, but look at where he chose to make his announcement. A news crew from Wilkes-Barre might show up.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Sir_Galahad

#7 Post by Sir_Galahad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:11 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Sir_Galahad wrote:
peacock2121 wrote: You mean he is smart enough to know why?
Not only that, but look at where he chose to make his announcement. A news crew from Wilkes-Barre might show up.
That's OK. I think that once he makes the announcement and Fox News gets the story, the other sheep will have to follow suit.

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:03 am

Sir_Galahad wrote:
peacock2121 wrote:
Sir_Galahad wrote: I think he is smarter than that.
You would never be in his shoes.

TheCalvinator24

#9 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:08 am

I like Alan Keyes. And, I understand why he is doing what he is doing. I do hope, however, that it does not result in a President Obama or President Clinton.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

Sir_Galahad

#10 Post by Sir_Galahad » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:28 am

TheCalvinator24 wrote:I like Alan Keyes. And, I understand why he is doing what he is doing. I do hope, however, that it does not result in a President Obama or President Clinton.
It's a tough call there only because I don't think the people that would vote for Keyes had any intention of voting for McCain anyway. Then you have the Obama supporters who said that if Clinton were the nominee they would vote for McCain and the Clinton supporters who have said that if Obama were the nominee that they would vote for McCain. So, who knows? So, I don't think any of this will solidify and no clear picture will develop until about a month before the election. There is still a lot of posturing and jostling for position going on.