The Boney 500: Songs 293-291

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

The Boney 500: Songs 293-291

#1 Post by T_Bone0806 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:48 am

The last 3 songs for the week all come from the early 70's. Back with more on Monday..

293. MELISSA-THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND (1972)
ALBUM: Eat A Peach

A mellow Gregg Allman number that had been written 5 years prior to its being recorded. It was finally done
as a tribute to his guitarist brother Duane, who had just been killed in a motorcycle accident. It was
apparently Duane's favorite composition by Gregg, who had held it back from the band because he thought it was
too soft for them. It has become one of the group's most lasting songs and a mellow mood favorite of mine.

292. 13 QUESTIONS-SEATRAIN (1970)
ALBUM: Seatrain

The group was a hybrid of many styles: rock, blues, jazz, country and bluegrass..this track, which just
missed hitting the Top 40, is a little more on the rock side than others on the album, but features a
frenetic fiddle solo, countrified harmonies, and some r & b styled keyboards. It's an interesting sound.

291. SAMBA PA TI-SANTANA (1970)
ALBUM: Abraxas

Beautiful instrumental that starts off quiet and simmers to a boil. Carlos Santana makes his guitar gently
weep, then he makes it dance with wild abandon.

"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Re: The Boney 500: Songs 293-291

#2 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:28 am

Do I dare to eat a peach? Yep, this morning J. Alfred and I risked the mess for Melissa. Seatrain and Carlos will have to wait for their turn until later . . .
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller