Congratulations, Tgirl!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vandal
Director of Promos

Congratulations, Tgirl!

#1 Post by Vandal » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:18 am

Halpin defeats incumbent Boelter for Clerk of Court

Republican Terry Halpin, a judicial assistant, will become Yellowstone County’s new clerk of court, soundly beating incumbent Republican Kristie Boelter, whose first term was marked by controversies, and challenger Richard Nixon, a Billings businessman.

No Democrat filed for the job.

Unofficial final results showed Halpin with 11,542 votes or 51 percent, while Boelter had 7,653 votes or 33 percent, and Nixon had 3,378 votes or 14 percent.
http://billingsgazette.com/news/local/g ... 1379c.html
_________________________________________________________________________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man
The Dragon's Song by Binh Pham and R. M. Clark
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

Ready: Devin Drake and The RollerGhoster

littlebeast13
Dumbass

Re: Congratulations, Tgirl!

#2 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:23 am

Not many can claim to have beaten Tricky Dick in an election.... woohoo!

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Pastor Fireball

#3 Post by Pastor Fireball » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:14 am

Not just a win, but a majority. That's not easy to do in a three-way primary that includes the incumbent. Congratulations!
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

a1mamacat

#4 Post by a1mamacat » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:23 am

wooooo way to go!
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:20 am

Congratulations! Is this one of those races where a majority was necessary to avoid a runoff? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

T_Bone0806
FNGD Forum Moderator

#6 Post by T_Bone0806 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:30 am

Happiness!!
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck

Ritterskoop

#7 Post by Ritterskoop » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:59 am

Kick ass.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:19 am

Today the clerk of court, tomorrow the White House!
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

tlynn78

#9 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:51 am

Thanks, all. So, so glad it is over. With no democrat filing, I'll be the only option on the ballot in November. The real work begins in January, mucking out the mess. Wish me luck!

Bob - if I'm understanding your question, a simple majority of the votes was all that was needed. I didn't need to defeat both opponents' combined votes to get the nom. (But I did at last count!!)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:51 pm

tlynn78 wrote:Thanks, all. So, so glad it is over. With no democrat filing, I'll be the only option on the ballot in November. The real work begins in January, mucking out the mess. Wish me luck!

Bob - if I'm understanding your question, a simple majority of the votes was all that was needed. I didn't need to defeat both opponents' combined votes to get the nom. (But I did at last count!!)
You're understanding my question. You needed a plurality (more votes than anyone else), not a majority (more votes than everyone else combined). --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#11 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Congratulations, Terry! I never had a doubt that you would win.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

Catfish

#12 Post by Catfish » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:15 pm

WoooooooooHooooooooooo! Good luck when you assume office.
Love,
Catfish

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#13 Post by Beebs52 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:32 pm

And we know her!
Well, then

MarleysGh0st

#14 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:22 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Not many can claim to have beaten Tricky Dick in an election.... woohoo!
And I thought we didn't have him to kick around, any more.

Congratulations, Tgirl!

tlynn78

#15 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:Thanks, all. So, so glad it is over. With no democrat filing, I'll be the only option on the ballot in November. The real work begins in January, mucking out the mess. Wish me luck!

You're understanding my question. You needed a plurality (more votes than anyone else), not a majority (more votes than everyone else combined). --Bob

Right - that's the word I needed. There have been some rumblings from my main opponent (the incumbent) about how if only Tricky Dick had stayed out, it would have been different. Umm, apparently she can't math any better than she can Clerk.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

tlynn78

#16 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:58 am

earendel wrote:Today the clerk of court, tomorrow the White House!

Tomorrow, a long nap, is more like it!

tlynn78

#17 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:59 am

silvercamaro wrote:Congratulations, Terry! I never had a doubt that you would win.

Thanks, Zhoodit. I may have had a few, but they were fleeting, and thankfully, unfounded.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#18 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Yay, T!!

You were clearly the best candidate. I'm happy for your constituents that they'll have someone in the office who can actually do the job.

We had a candidate for a statewide office a while back who said she had support in all three halves of Colorado. But she won anyway.

Good luck straightening out the mess.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

tlynn78

#19 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Below is a PRIME example of why I chose to run against the incumbent. It is an email exchange between her office and mine.
Mind you, the reason I didn't cc her is because she sent her staff an email two days after the election outlining her plans to exercise her "right as an elected official to not be in the office as much" because "you don't pay my bills and I have to prepare for my career change."
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:56 AM
To: Rebecca Hert; Audrey Degele
Subject: DV 14-1273 - McCann

Ladies – as discussed, the number 4 file is full down here – you’re going to need to prepare a #5 file for subsequent filings. Also, someone left docs # 114-118 just lying on Hallie’s desk, and not in the file – not a good plan. Not sure who it was, but that’s a good way to get originals lost. Please make sure anyone who might be dropping those off knows to actually secure them in the file. Thanks!

Ms. Halpin,

I am at a loss as to why you would address my staff this way? Not only is your tone rude but if you have an issue., it is polite conduct, to contact myself or one of the supervisors. I understand you will be the Clerk of Court in 2017 but that does not give you the permission to correct staff at this time. This is why you think there are problems in the office, because you do not bring them to our attention to correct. Until January 1, 2017 please bring these issues to one of the supervisors and not the staff themselves.

We have talked with both Beckie and Audrey, as well as Dana, and no one left the documents on your desk.

Thank you ,

Kristie L. Boelter
Clerk of District Court
406-256-2851
kboelter@co.yellowstone.mt.gov
Please note: Montana has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from County Employees and Officials regarding County Business are public records and available to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail communications may be subject to public disclosure.

Now, that there is some impressive problem-solving. If only I would bring the problems I 'think' exist to her, they wouldn't exist? Not only did I imagine there was a problem, the problem that I imagined was solved by the simple expedient of having her staff deny it. Brilliant! Ugh - six more months of this crap.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#20 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:15 pm

tlynn78 wrote:Below is a PRIME example of why I chose to run against the incumbent. It is an email exchange between her office and mine.
Mind you, the reason I didn't cc her is because she sent her staff an email two days after the election outlining her plans to exercise her "right as an elected official to not be in the office as much" because "you don't pay my bills and I have to prepare for my career change."
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 10:56 AM
To: Rebecca Hert; Audrey Degele
Subject: DV 14-1273 - McCann

Ladies – as discussed, the number 4 file is full down here – you’re going to need to prepare a #5 file for subsequent filings. Also, someone left docs # 114-118 just lying on Hallie’s desk, and not in the file – not a good plan. Not sure who it was, but that’s a good way to get originals lost. Please make sure anyone who might be dropping those off knows to actually secure them in the file. Thanks!

Ms. Halpin,

I am at a loss as to why you would address my staff this way? Not only is your tone rude but if you have an issue., it is polite conduct, to contact myself or one of the supervisors. I understand you will be the Clerk of Court in 2017 but that does not give you the permission to correct staff at this time. This is why you think there are problems in the office, because you do not bring them to our attention to correct. Until January 1, 2017 please bring these issues to one of the supervisors and not the staff themselves.

We have talked with both Beckie and Audrey, as well as Dana, and no one left the documents on your desk.

Thank you ,

Kristie L. Boelter
Clerk of District Court
406-256-2851
kboelter@co.yellowstone.mt.gov
Please note: Montana has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from County Employees and Officials regarding County Business are public records and available to the public and media upon request. Your e-mail communications may be subject to public disclosure.

Now, that there is some impressive problem-solving. If only I would bring the problems I 'think' exist to her, they wouldn't exist? Not only did I imagine there was a problem, the problem that I imagined was solved by the simple expedient of having her staff deny it. Brilliant! Ugh - six more months of this crap.
And Heaven forfend that the public might discover there are honest-to-goodness problems with the running of a public office. --Bob

tlynn78

#21 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:23 am

Bob78164 wrote:kboelter@co.yellowstone.mt.gov

And Heaven forfend that the public might discover there are honest-to-goodness problems with the running of a public office. --Bob[/quote]

Right? One of her claims during the campaign was that she "implemented a process by which communications between her and the judges would be public record."

Most of us in gov't work just call that "email."