Kane convicted

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Kane convicted

#1 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:18 pm

The jury has convicted Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane on all charges, including a felony count of perjury. She has already lost her law license. Her term expires in January and she did not run for re-election. However, I've seen a report stating that she can remain in office until appeals are resolved. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

Re: Kane convicted

#2 Post by jarnon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:22 pm

She should step down, and her twin sister should complete her term.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#3 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm now seeing a headline that she has resigned. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#4 Post by jarnon » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams, who pursued some corruption cases that Kane thought weren't worth prosecuting, himself pleaded guilty to corruption today. His is just one of several ongoing cases in the bottomless swamp called Pennsylvania government.

He's now the former D.A. Pennsylvania officials usually wait until they're convicted to leave office. If everyone left when they're accused, there would be a lot of vacant positions.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:20 pm

jarnon wrote:Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams, who pursued some corruption cases that Kane thought weren't worth prosecuting, himself pleaded guilty to corruption today. His is just one of several ongoing cases in the bottomless swamp called Pennsylvania government.

He's now the former D.A. Pennsylvania officials usually wait until they're convicted to leave office. If everyone left when they're accused, there would be a lot of vacant positions.
There's more to it:
Philly.com wrote:Seth Williams resigned as Philadelphia’s district attorney and was led out of court in handcuffs Thursday after abruptly ending his trial on federal bribery charges with a guilty plea.

Williams, who saw embarrassing details about his messy personal life and financial struggles dragged out into open court during the nearly two-week trial, pleaded guilty to one count related to accepting a bribe from Bucks County businessman Mohammad Ali.

As part of the deal, Williams agreed to resign and acknowledged that he faced up to five years in prison when he is sentenced on Oct. 24.

Despite a plea by Williams to be allowed to remain free until then, U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond ordered him held until sentencing and U.S. Marshals took the disgraced prosecutor out of court in handcuffs,

“I have a guilty plea from the highest law officer in the city that he betrayed his office and he sold his office … I am appalled by the evidence that I heard,” Diamond said before ordering Williams jailed. “I simply do not credit this defendant’s testimony. I do not believe him.”
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jarnon

#6 Post by jarnon » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:53 am

The mayor of Allentown (made famous by the Billy Joel song) has been indicted for corruption. Some of his associates have already pleaded guilty. I didn't want you to think that the sleaze is limited to one area of the Commonwealth.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי