Lizbit's continuing education and mine

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

Lizbit's continuing education and mine

#1 Post by AnnieCamaro » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:13 pm

Lizbit went to Puppy School again. Everybody makes it sound like she's a Rhodes Scholar of Obedience Classes because she learns everything very fast. Last night she learned a bunch of tricks -- how to roll over, shake hands, crawl like a movie dog, and other stuff that I would find annoying.
She has only one class remaining, when she will graduate if she can remember all the stuff she learned. From what I hear, "walking on a loose lead" is her worst subject. Anyway, her final exam originally was scheduled for next Wednesday, but it was postponed until the following week.

I'm really glad about that. Next Wednesday is my birthday (and it's also the birthday for Mr. theman and Mr. Buff.) Now my birthday party can go on all night! I'm excited. I'll be thegirlintheseersuckerpumpkinsuit. This will be the first birthday of the rest of my life, so I'm hoping I will get a cake.

My own intention to begin my studies at Yale this fall has not panned out, because -- in spite of promises and press releases -- Yale has not yet gotten its act together to offer free courses over the internet. So, I have decided to take my physics class at M.I.T., which not only has its act together but already is well into Act Two. M.I.T. seems like a better place to study physics anyway. I will let you know how that goes after I've listened to a couple of lectures.
Sou iu koto de.

earendel

Re: Lizbit's continuing education and mine

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:18 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:Lizbit went to Puppy School again. Everybody makes it sound like she's a Rhodes Scholar of Obedience Classes because she learns everything very fast. Last night she learned a bunch of tricks -- how to roll over, shake hands, crawl like a movie dog, and other stuff that I would find annoying.
She has only one class remaining, when she will graduate if she can remember all the stuff she learned. From what I hear, "walking on a loose lead" is her worst subject. Anyway, her final exam originally was scheduled for next Wednesday, but it was postponed until the following week.

I'm really glad about that. Next Wednesday is my birthday (and it's also the birthday for Mr. theman and Mr. Buff.) Now my birthday party can go on all night! I'm excited. I'll be thegirlintheseersuckerpumpkinsuit. This will be the first birthday of the rest of my life, so I'm hoping I will get a cake.

My own intention to begin my studies at Yale this fall has not panned out, because -- in spite of promises and press releases -- Yale has not yet gotten its act together to offer free courses over the internet. So, I have decided to take my physics class at M.I.T., which not only has its act together but already is well into Act Two. M.I.T. seems like a better place to study physics anyway. I will let you know how that goes after I've listened to a couple of lectures.
Annie, what's the latest on your operatic opus? And did you read the message about the EVIL SQUIRREL who set fire to a car?
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#3 Post by AnnieCamaro » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:29 pm

earendel wrote:
Annie, what's the latest on your operatic opus? And did you read the message about the EVIL SQUIRREL who set fire to a car?
My opera is coming along, although it's taking me a long time to transcribe all the music with my mom's Finale software. I still have some arias and a big choral number yet to go. Composing is not just hearing pretty music in your head. It is hard work! (Watch for my new avatar on Nov. 1.)

I did see that other thread about the pyromaniac. I have responded over there. Alas, time spent fighting Evil Squirrels always comes at the price of time lost from Art.

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:35 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote:
earendel wrote:
My opera is coming along, although it's taking me a long time to transcribe all the music with my mom's Finale software. I still have some arias and a big choral number yet to go. Composing is not just hearing pretty music in your head. It is hard work! (Watch for my new avatar on Nov. 1.)
I'm familiar with Finale, but strictly from a computer geek standpoint (our church's minister of music has a copy and I had to install it on her computer).
AnnieCamaro wrote:[I did see that other thread about the pyromaniac. I have responded over there. Alas, time spent fighting Evil Squirrels always comes at the price of time lost from Art.

/:P\
Sad, but true. Still, keeping the world safe from EVIL SQUIRRELS is an important task.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#5 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:20 pm

AnnieCamaro wrote: This will be the first birthday of the rest of my life, so I'm hoping I will get a cake.
All animals should have cakes for their birthdays, so I hope that you get one Annie! My cat Jasper likes angelfood cakes with whipped cream frosting. We give him frosting, but no cake.

geoffil

#6 Post by geoffil » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 am

Happy Birthday Annie. I liked your outfit and wanted to know where you shop and what new ensembles can we look forward to for Spring 2008?