Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 114

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 114

#1 Post by gsabc » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:14 am

Update on yesterday's issues.
Dental problem was a cracked crown underlayment, not a cracked tooth. Pieces had broken off (GW grinds her teeth, apparently) and gotten under the gums. The digging to remove them has caused some continuing discomfort, but it's helped by ibuprofen. No extraction needed, "just" a new crown.
Elliptical may get fixed sooner than later. Found out one of the "out of stock" parts which are on order had been sent with the previous shipment. If the other can be acquired elsewhere or worked around, we're in business.
Car problems are cured, or will be sometime next week. See my post on the "Unexpected purchase".

BD is stressed no end. She has real concerns on their finances after marriage. FSIL is supposedly putting $150 a month (maybe more often, I'm not sure) into her high-interest savings account automatically, starting this month. Not much compared to her input, but it's something, and a start. I don't know what he spends his money on. Not my concern, or at least not my department to inquire or try to remedy. Add the normal stresses of very long days (up at 6 AM, and then late calls from FSIL because of the time difference), sometimes annoying kids and parents, and some office politics, and she gets sick almost every weekend.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.