Transcript 10/21/2016 - Mat Franco (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/21/2016 - Mat Franco (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:02 pm

Celebrity Week
Introduction by Marie Osmond

Mat Franco
magician

Mat won America's Got Talent and now does his "Magic Reinvented" show. He's playing for NSPCA. He has $10K in his bank and no lifelines.

$20,000: What room in the White House honors both the Republican president who built the West Wing and the Democratic president who expanded it?
A - the Adams Room
B - the Harrison Room
C - the Bush Room
D - the Roosevelt Room

Mat says, "OK, we're looking for 2 presidents who shared a last name." He eliminates
Spoiler
C because the West Wing was already around when Bush was president
. Mat says he knows nothing about presidents. He knows about Teddy Roosevelt but doesn't know if there was another one. The only Harrison he knows is George. He feels like he has to take a shot, so he goes with
Spoiler
D
Spoiler
Answer: D (the Roosevelt Room)
commercial break

$30,000: After adding the total from 2016's "The Jungle Book," in which she played the snake Kaa, who did Box Office Mojo name as the top-grossing actress of all time?
A - Angelina Jolie
B - Emma Watson
C - Scarlett Johansson
D - Cameron Diaz

Mat knows who Scarlett Johansson is because she was in a movie about magic. Cameron Diaz had nothing to do with "The Jungle Book". Angelina Jolie is top of the line and is likely the answer but Mat isn't willing to take the risk and walks away with $20,000.
Spoiler
Answer: C (Scarlett Johansson)

BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Re: Transcript 10/21/2016 - Mat Franco (carryover)

#2 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:44 am

bumping this up

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:23 am

30K: Pretty sure I've read its Johansson as Kaa

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:25 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Celebrity Week
Introduction by Marie Osmond

Mat Franco
magician

Mat won America's Got Talent and now does his "Magic Reinvented" show. He's playing for NSPCA. He has $10K in his bank and no lifelines.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$20,000: What room in the White House honors both the Republican president who built the West Wing and the Democratic president who expanded it?
A - the Adams Room
B - the Harrison Room
C - the Bush Room
D - the Roosevelt Room

Mat says, "OK, we're looking for 2 presidents who shared a last name." He eliminates
Spoiler
C because the West Wing was already around when Bush was president
. Mat says he knows nothing about presidents. He knows about Teddy Roosevelt but doesn't know if there was another one. The only Harrison he knows is George. He feels like he has to take a shot, so he goes with
Spoiler
D
Spoiler
Answer: D (the Roosevelt Room)
I'm not sure but I think the Adams's and Harrisons were from the same party. I know the Bushes were. And I know TR was Republican and FDR was Democratic.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000: After adding the total from 2016's "The Jungle Book," in which she played the snake Kaa, who did Box Office Mojo name as the top-grossing actress of all time?
A - Angelina Jolie
B - Emma Watson
C - Scarlett Johansson
D - Cameron Diaz

Mat knows who Scarlett Johansson is because she was in a movie about magic. Cameron Diaz had nothing to do with "The Jungle Book". Angelina Jolie is top of the line and is likely the answer but Mat isn't willing to take the risk and walks away with $20,000.
Spoiler
I thought Scarlett was in TJB but wasn't certain. I would probably use 50:50 if I still have it.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MysteryMan-123

#5 Post by MysteryMan-123 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:32 pm

20,000: I know this from watching House of Cards, so I go with D.

30,000: I remember seeing Scarlett Johansson's name in commercials for the film, so I go with C.

So I'd be facing 50K with all three lifelines intact.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:08 pm

$30,000: After adding the total from 2016's "The Jungle Book," in which she played the snake Kaa, who did Box Office Mojo name as the top-grossing actress of all time?
A - Angelina Jolie
B - Emma Watson
C - Scarlett Johansson
D - Cameron Diaz

Spoiler
ATA
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller