Terrorist attacks in London?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

Terrorist attacks in London?

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:23 am

There are two separate incidents in London that may be terrorist activity. Shots were fired near Parlament and the shooter was killed by police. Also, a truck plowed into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

Re: Terrorist attacks in London?

#2 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 pm

One dead (not sure if that's the gunman) and 20 wounded in the shooting. No details on the SUV (not truck) running into pedestrians on the bridge.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jaybee

#3 Post by jaybee » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:44 pm

My youngest son is in London today and was two streets over from the Westminster incident when it happened earlier. No real information from him other than that he is fine.
Jaybee

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:29 am

jaybee wrote:My youngest son is in London today and was two streets over from the Westminster incident when it happened earlier. No real information from him other than that he is fine.
That's good to hear. I suppose his travel there was somewhat restricted.

lilclyde54

#5 Post by lilclyde54 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:17 pm

As much as I wish it was not so, I think vehicular assaults are the wave of the future for Islamic terror attacks. There is almost no defense given our dependence on cars and trucks.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:17 am

lilclyde54 wrote:As much as I wish it was not so, I think vehicular assaults are the wave of the future for Islamic terror attacks. There is almost no defense given our dependence on cars and trucks.
The best defenses are bollards.

jarnon

#7 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:24 am

lilclyde54 wrote:As much as I wish it was not so, I think vehicular assaults are the wave of the future for Islamic terror attacks. There is almost no defense given our dependence on cars and trucks.
I saw close-up the security precautions for the Democratic convention in July. I-95 is next to the Wells Fargo Center. The exit ramps nearest the site were closed, and in addition, no trucks were allowed on the freeway within several kilometers. That gave police the chance to intercept potential truck bombs before they could get close.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:30 am

jarnon wrote:That gave police the chance to intercept potential truck bombs before they could get close.
Just those on the freeway...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

jarnon

#9 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:45 am

Estonut wrote:
jarnon wrote:That gave police the chance to intercept potential truck bombs before they could get close.
Just those on the freeway...
Local streets were closed to all traffic, with barriers. That's impractical for a major interstate.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 am

Whack-a-mole. Best not to let them in the arcade in the first place.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#11 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:15 am

BackInTex wrote:Whack-a-mole. Best not to let them in the arcade in the first place.
The vast majority of them are already in the arcade to begin with.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#12 Post by BackInTex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:24 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote:Whack-a-mole. Best not to let them in the arcade in the first place.
No they are not. The vast majority of those that HAVE attacked, yes, that's how they've been able to attack. There are still more trying to get in than are in.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#13 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:38 am

BackInTex wrote:
There are still more trying to get in than are in.
I'm curious as to your source of information on this. I'm sure that if you have details as to who these people are, there are a number of government agencies who would love to have this information so that they can stop hassling Muhammad Ali, Jr., and go after the real bad guys.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#14 Post by BackInTex » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:31 am

BackInTex wrote:
There are still more trying to get in than are in.
I'm curious as to your source of information on this. I'm sure that if you have details as to who these people are, there are a number of government agencies who would love to have this information so that they can stop hassling Muhammad Ali, Jr., and go after the real bad guys.
My source is the same as yours.
~~ Thomas Jefferson