WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10734
Location: In Texas of course!
Bob Juch wrote:
Here's how Teena Colebrook feels: https://apnews.com/0f1305c8742547df9bcf ... -secretary


Associated Press finds a "Trump voter" in California with a beef about him. :roll:

She failed at a business and she blames the bank. Typical. No personal accountability.

And a well written article, if you want to hide the facts that might make this person look like the fool she may be.


1998 - Purchases triplex for $248,000
- what is not reported is how much equity she put in. Any? None?

???? - Refinances to renovate property and buy additional homes
- We don't know how much "equity" she pulled out but to buy additional homes, but we must assume that. We are told her refinance with cash out was interest only. Not smart.
But, interest only, $2,000/month, at 6% (a rate that is within the rates range of the time periods) it would be about a $400,000 loan. If her rate was lower, she got more money out (that the bank never got back).
- We also don't know if she actually purchased additional homes, how much she invested back in the tri-plex and if she also spent some or all of that cash out equity on personal expenses (car, vacation, clothes, other living expenses)

"Monthly payments ran as high as $2000"....for a minimum of three living spaces in California? That's pretty darn low. So she may have been collecting and spending the cash in excess of the $2,000 for a period of time. But we do not know this, either. Remember, at this point we also don't know how many other places she has to rent out beyond the 2 of 3 in the triplex because we aren't told how many additional homes she purchased. But my guess is none. But, she could have had a $4,000/month income, paying the bank only $2,000/month for 10 years.

"...caused her loan balance to balloon"...."the payoff balance totaled $517,662".

See, we are supposed to think her loan went from $248,000 all the way up to $517,662 due to the bank's fault. But we aren't told what the actual outstanding balance was after the re-fi. She could have had an un-realized appreciation of 50% on that property from 1998 to 2004 and borrowed $400,000, or more, with no equity, taking out $150,000 cash that the bank never got back.

In summary, as far as we know, she put nothing down in 1998, re-fi'd, took out cash on the appreciation, lived rent free when her tenants were covering the interest only payments (and if they were covering more she got to spend that as well), and then she was forced to move out of the building when she couldn't make a $2,000/month note to keep a roof over her head. I guess she didn't "work outside the home" she didn't have any equity in in the first place. So she may have lived rent free, with extra cash to spend for groceries, for 10 years and it was the bank who took a loss on the ultimate sale of the property. Sounds like she could have gotten a good deal.

Also sounds like she may have gone to one of Don Lapre's seminars and bought his books.

In the end, she probably did better than the bank. But she's not happy with Trump.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:44 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18567
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
Perhaps he knows that Trump supporters are going to feel betrayed if they don't already.


You don't get it.

We aren't talking about the maybe 15% of those who's vote said "Trump!". We are talking about the 85% who's votes said (in the native language) "Not Clinton".
Here's the thing. Leaving aside that Secretary Clinton did win a plurality of the popular vote, as I understand it, a lot of people didn't like Secretary Clinton because they were afraid she'd sell out to Wall Street. What Trump has already done with his appointments on this front has to be far worse than the worst fears of what Secretary Clinton might have done if she'd won.

A lot of people don't like Secretary Clinton because she could be criticized for her handling of classified material as Secretary of State. From all reports, Trump is seriously considering David Petraeus for Secretary of State. You remember General Petraeus, right? He's the guy who was, you know, actually convicted of mishandling classified material by giving it to his adulterous mistress. I can't wait to hear Senate confirmation hearings on this one if Trump actually nominates him. I'll be sure to stock up on popcorn.

And that's leaving aside these voters' willingness to overlook or tolerate things that in my view should be absolutely intolerable -- Trump's advocating physical violence against his political opponents, his open mockery of the disabled, his overt appeals to racism, and his blatant disregard for the truth. Simply put, we already know that we cannot believe a word that the President-elect says unless it's corroborated elsewhere, and it's the nature of the Presidency that voters simply have to take some things the President says on faith.

I am frustrated with "not Clinton" voters who voted for Trump because I think Trump's betrayal of the reasons they voted for him is both inevitable and utterly predictable. And I also think that those who voted for him (I acknowledge you have told us you're not in this group) despite his racist appeals and other violations of the norms of American society (rather than because of them) now have a responsibility to step up and publicly speak out each and every time he tries to act the bully, each and every time he appeals to racism, each and every time he blatantly lies to the American people. To his credit, for instance, Mitch McConnell has publicly stated his disagreement with Trump's evidence-free claim that millions of illegal aliens voted.

Actions speak louder than words. The act of electing Trump to the Presidency says loudly and clearly that appeals to racism still have a place in the American mainstream. It says that the American people are willing to be led by a bully. It says that we don't care whether our leaders are even trying tell us the truth. And it says that when push comes to shove, opposition to these violations of core American values is nothing more than lip service.

The American people deserve a President who tells us the truth. The American people deserve a President who refuses to appeal to racism. The American people deserve a President who doesn't try to stifle dissent, either through political power or physical force. But we won't get one unless the voters who put him in office insist on it. Maybe not even then, but without that, there's no chance. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:51 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16773
Bob78164 wrote:
Actions speak louder than words. The act of electing Trump to the Presidency says loudly and clearly that appeals to racism still have a place in the American mainstream. It says that the American people are willing to be led by a bully. It says that we don't care whether our leaders are even trying tell us the truth. And it says that when push comes to shove, opposition to these violations of core American values is nothing more than lip service.


No, what won Trump the victory in the blue collar states like PA and MI and WI and OH was a willingness to believe in slogans and the hopes that changing something will make things better. Trump said he'd make America great again based on, at best, half baked vague promises about renegotiating trade deals. And people who ignored how they got in the mess they faced in 2008 because it hadn't improved as much as they would have liked were willing to give Trump a chance.

They heard what they wanted to hear and discounted the rest as "locker room talk." And he's already demonstrated that some of it was locker room talk, like his threat to prosecute Hillary.

But I doubt that any of them voted for Trump because they wanted to cut back or eliminate Medicare and Social Security, and when the Republicans make that their top priority (along with repealing Obamacare and replacing it with nothing), then their love of Trump is going to dissipate quite quickly. Bush was re-elected with a bigger mandate than Trump had and he dissipated all that very quickly with his attempts to go after Social Security. Follow that with the Katrina fiasco and Bush and the Republicans were done for 2006. Obviously, you can't predict a disaster like Katrina, but Trump's foreign enemies like ISIS are likely to challenge him very soon just to see how he'll react.

Unfortunately, it would be almost impossible for the Democrats to take back the Senate in 2018 unless Trump appoints a few standing Senators to cabinet level posts, but those who have a chance (like Bob Corker) are in fairly reliable red states. But voters will be able to vote for the House.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10734
Location: In Texas of course!
silverscreenselect wrote:
No, what won Trump the victory in the blue collar states like PA and MI and WI and OH was a willingness to believe in slogans and the hopes that changing something will make things better.



Wow. It worked in 2008, too!

Image

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:25 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18567
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
No, what won Trump the victory in the blue collar states like PA and MI and WI and OH was a willingness to believe in slogans and the hopes that changing something will make things better.



Wow. It worked in 2008, too!

Image
President Obama has delivered 78 consecutive months (and counting) of private-sector job growth, the longest such streak on record. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:45 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16773
Bob78164 wrote:
President Obama has delivered 78 consecutive months (and counting) of private-sector job growth, the longest such streak on record. --Bob


The Republicans invented a new metric about the size of the recovery being slow by historical standards. So the voters decided to go back to the same economic plan that caused the recession (and the spiraling deficits) in the first place.

Tax cuts alone, especially those that reward the wealthy, have never kickstarted an economy. What got the economy going in the 1960's and 1980's were massive increases in defense spending that accompanied the tax cuts.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:09 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 4868
Location: Merion, Pa.
jarnon wrote:
The Philadelphia, the elite are fighting back.

This surveillance video shows a vandal in a hoodie spray painting F--- TRUMP on a grocery store, while his accomplice in a blazer sips wine and takes pictures.



The elegant culprit is Duncan Lloyd, a lawyer who works for the city.
Lloyd was suspended for two weeks without pay. He also must do 40 hours of community service (graffiti removal).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10734
Location: In Texas of course!
jarnon wrote:
jarnon wrote:
The Philadelphia, the elite are fighting back.

This surveillance video shows a vandal in a hoodie spray painting F--- TRUMP on a grocery store, while his accomplice in a blazer sips wine and takes pictures.


The elegant culprit is Duncan Lloyd, a lawyer who works for the city.
Lloyd was suspended for two weeks without pay. He also must do 40 hours of community service (graffiti removal).



Wow. Just wow....

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 pm
Posts: 10734
Location: In Texas of course!
jaybee wrote:
I shouldn't but I just can't resist:



Spock wrote:
probably not one Trump voter regrets his/her vote.


Give them a couple of years.


Still don't regret it. I doubt many do.

_________________
In the end, they will all pretty much taste the same.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:26 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18567
Location: By the phone
BackInTex wrote:
jaybee wrote:
I shouldn't but I just can't resist:



Spock wrote:
probably not one Trump voter regrets his/her vote.


Give them a couple of years.


Still don't regret it. I doubt many do.
A lot of my high school classmates seem to. And most of them live in Pennsylvania. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:59 am 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9692
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
jaybee wrote:
I shouldn't but I just can't resist:Give them a couple of years.
Still don't regret it. I doubt many do.
A lot of my high school classmates seem to. And most of them live in Pennsylvania.
"Seem to?" You say that a lot. Since you didn't say that they do regret it, you don't know, do you? If they do not advertise that they are happy about their decision, you seem to think that means that they "seem to" regret it. Your logic seems to suck.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:07 am 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18567
Location: By the phone
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Still don't regret it. I doubt many do.
A lot of my high school classmates seem to. And most of them live in Pennsylvania.
"Seem to?" You say that a lot. Since you didn't say that they do regret it, you don't know, do you? If they do not advertise that they are happy about their decision, you seem to think that means that they "seem to" regret it. Your logic seems to suck.
They have told me that they are horrified by what he's done and plan to support the Democratic nominee, no matter who it is. So yes, I think that's a pretty good indicator that they actually regret their votes. But since I'm not a telepath I don't actually know whether they mean what they say. A better indicator will come next November. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am
Posts: 22535
Location: Oro Valley, Arizona
Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Still don't regret it. I doubt many do.
A lot of my high school classmates seem to. And most of them live in Pennsylvania.
"Seem to?" You say that a lot. Since you didn't say that they do regret it, you don't know, do you? If they do not advertise that they are happy about their decision, you seem to think that means that they "seem to" regret it. Your logic seems to suck.

I'm coming to you if I ever have lice. You're an expert nitpicker.

_________________
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:38 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16773
Estonut wrote:
"Seem to?" You say that a lot. Since you didn't say that they do regret it, you don't know, do you? If they do not advertise that they are happy about their decision, you seem to think that means that they "seem to" regret it. Your logic seems to suck.


Well, voters in 42 districts (that's nearly 10% of the House of Representatives), including my district and BiT's district, tossed out Republicans and replaced them with Democrats. Most of those districts supported Trump in the 2016 election. That would indicate that a fair number of Trump voters did regret their votes enough to do something about it the next opportunity they had.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:48 pm 
Offline
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:16 am
Posts: 9692
Location: Garden Grove, CA
silverscreenselect wrote:
Estonut wrote:
"Seem to?" You say that a lot. Since you didn't say that they do regret it, you don't know, do you? If they do not advertise that they are happy about their decision, you seem to think that means that they "seem to" regret it. Your logic seems to suck.
Well, voters in 42 districts (that's nearly 10% of the House of Representatives), including my district and BiT's district, tossed out Republicans and replaced them with Democrats. Most of those districts supported Trump in the 2016 election. That would indicate that a fair number of Trump voters did regret their votes enough to do something about it the next opportunity they had.
Yet it indicates absolutely nothing about Bob#'s friends in Pennsylvania, who I was specifically commenting about. I never imagined that he's such a prick in person that his long-time friends might feel the need to lie to him about it.

_________________
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6800
Location: Montana
My f-i-l's dem friends and acquaintances in northern Kentucky aren't as reticent. Several are gun enthusiasts and state unequivocally they will vote for Trump in 2020. Others are simply appalled at their apparent choice(s). #walkaway

_________________
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: silverscreenselect and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.