Transcript 11/11/2016 - Rob Walker (carryover contestant)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/11/2016 - Rob Walker (carryover contestant)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:19 am

Victory for Veterans Week

Rob Walker (carryover contestant)
Chicago, IL

Rob is a Navy veteran who served on a submarine. He says this helped him prepare for being on the show - the submarine had a great library and he read a lot of books, including an encyclopedia. Rob has $20,000 in the bank and his +1 lifeline (he says he saved the best for last).

$30,000: Which of the following is neither the Japanese name for the Pleiades star cluster, nor a Hebrew month, nor a Latin-based name for an official decree?
A - Subaru
B - Acura
C - Nissan
D - Fiat

Rob immediately identifies each answer -
Spoiler
Fiat is a decree, Nissan is a Hebrew month and Subaru is the name for the Pleiades because that's in their logo
Spoiler
Answer: B (Acura)
$50,000: Spoken by Tony just before the screen fades to black, what is the last line of dialogue in "The Sopranos"?
A - "I went ahead and ordered some for the table."
B - "It's Carlo. He's gonna testify."
C - "Well, it's time, I guess."
D - "Hey!"

Rob says he never got past season one. He calls down his +1 lifeline, Erica. She says she wasn't a fan either and thought he didn't make it. Rob says he knows that they didn't show what happened. He decides to walk away.
Spoiler
Answer: A ("I went ahead and ordered some for the table.")
commercial break
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/11/2016 - Rob Walker (carryover contestant

#2 Post by earendel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:44 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Victory for Veterans Week

Rob Walker (carryover contestant)
Chicago, IL

Rob is a Navy veteran who served on a submarine. He says this helped him prepare for being on the show - the submarine had a great library and he read a lot of books, including an encyclopedia. Rob has $20,000 in the bank and his +1 lifeline (he says he saved the best for last).
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$30,000: Which of the following is neither the Japanese name for the Pleiades star cluster, nor a Hebrew month, nor a Latin-based name for an official decree?
A - Subaru
B - Acura
C - Nissan
D - Fiat

Rob immediately identifies each ansser -
Spoiler
Fiat is a decree, Nissan is a Hebrew month and Subaru is the name for the Pleiades because that's in their logo
Spoiler
Answer: B (Acura)
Allow me to pick a nit here. "Nissan" is a car company, while "Nisan" is the Hebrew month. Technically there are two answers to this question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50,000: Spoken by Tony just before the screen fades to black, what is the last line of dialogue in "The Sopranos"?
D - "Hey!"

Rob says he never got past season one. He calls down his +1 lifeline, Erica. She says she wasn't a fan either and thought he didn't make it. Rob says he knows that they didn't show what happened. He decides to walk away.
Spoiler
Never saw a single episode of this show. From the comfort of my recliner I guessed correctly but on the show I would have used my ATA.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

ghostjmf

#3 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:20 am

So far so good

I don't have cable so couldn't watch Sopranos but remember media discussion of this scene

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:25 pm

$50,000: Spoken by Tony just before the screen fades to black, what is the last line of dialogue in "The Sopranos"?
D - "Hey!"

Spoiler
I can't believe I know this one. It's the only Sopranos episode I watched.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller