NellyLunatic1980

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
fantine33

NellyLunatic1980

#1 Post by fantine33 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:17 pm

Although I (don't think I) know who you are, YAYAYAYAYAY!!1 for my fourth favourite Nugget!

(Fourth favourite is not a slam, I love them all more than good sense would dictate.)

Edited to indicate exactly what it was that was not a slam. Ha!
Last edited by fantine33 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NellyLunatic1980

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:21 pm

Welcome back to the Bored, Fannie! :D

I'm the same NellyLunatic1980 from the ABC forum.

fantine33

#3 Post by fantine33 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:27 pm

Ha, I don't remember the NellyLunatic1980 from the ABC board. But it's been years since I was there and I was always more the Murphy Lee type.

PS If your avatar indicates you are a fan, TNT has just recently added the Nuggets/Suns preseason game to their programming for this evening (8 pm MT).

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Well, I'm hijacking or interrupting or whatever, but it is good to see you Missy!! How have you been??

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:12 pm

fantine33 wrote:Ha, I don't remember the NellyLunatic1980 from the ABC board. But it's been years since I was there and I was always more the Murphy Lee type.
Your last post on the old Bored..... 7/8/04

lb13

fantine33

#6 Post by fantine33 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:29 pm

kayrharris wrote:Well, I'm hijacking or interrupting or whatever, but it is good to see you Missy!! How have you been??
I thought Luuucy was the only one allowed to call me Missy? Take it to the FANNIE!!! thread, woman!

The quick and easy answer to your question is "both fine AND dandy", but since you asked....let's just say thank God for Walmart (or, as it's referred to in my family, Mecca) and their 4 dollar scrips.

WAR EAGLE! (How did tigers get into cahoots with eagles in the first place?)

fantine33

#7 Post by fantine33 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:32 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
fantine33 wrote:Ha, I don't remember the NellyLunatic1980 from the ABC board. But it's been years since I was there and I was always more the Murphy Lee type.
Your last post on the old Bored..... 7/8/04

lb13
Good to see some things never change. Ha!

Dude, your avatar makes me think you can help a sister out, here. I seem to recall you work for Walmart, yes? Do you know anything about the cleaner department (or could inquire)?

The best cleaner in the history of mankind and Sam Walton was this Great Value brand purple stuff with the unique and catchy name of "Cleaner". And I can't find it anymore! Is the purple Fabuloso the same stuff in a jazzed up format? I've been trying to ration the Cleaner I have left for only the really disgusting cat puke, but it's going to run out eventually.

Gimme A Squiggly
Merry Man

#8 Post by Gimme A Squiggly » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:34 pm

fantine33 wrote:The quick and easy answer to your question is "both fine AND dandy", but since you asked....let's just say thank God for Walmart (or, as it's referred to in my family, Mecca) and their 4 dollar scrips.

You're welcome.

Now buy some Christmas stuff...

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#9 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:44 pm

fantine33 wrote:Dude, your avatar makes me think you can help a sister out, here. I seem to recall you work for Walmart, yes? Do you know anything about the cleaner department (or could inquire)?
I have stocked that department for almost 7 years now...
fantine33 wrote:The best cleaner in the history of mankind and Sam Walton was this Great Value brand purple stuff with the unique and catchy name of "Cleaner". And I can't find it anymore! Is the purple Fabuloso the same stuff in a jazzed up format? I've been trying to ration the Cleaner I have left for only the really disgusting cat puke, but it's going to run out eventually.
The purple Great Value cleaner must have came before me, because I don't remember it. I don't think Great Value's had an entry in the floor/all purpose cleaner category in that time.... at least not at my store which is not a SuperCenter (yet)....

Fabuloso is made by Colgate-Palmolive, and was actually targeted for the Latin market when it was first introduced about 4 or 5 years ago (Like it's fabric softener counterpart Suavitel), but has caught on here in America. I don't know which company manufactured the old Great Value cleaner, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fabuloso wasn't a descendant. Not much else in that aisle that's bright purple (It also comes in green, which has one of those wonderful names that someone at CP came up with after smoking crack.... Passion of Fruits!)

lb13

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#10 Post by silvercamaro » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:53 pm

littlebeast13 wrote: It also comes in green, which has one of those wonderful names that someone at CP came up with after smoking crack.... Passion of Fruits!
Yeah, but that sounds so good when it's translated back into Spanglish -- Passionata de Fructose.

fantine33

#11 Post by fantine33 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:56 pm

littlebeast13 wrote: I have stocked that department for almost 7 years now...
Maybe it's a regional thing, because it's only been maybe 6 months ago that I couldn't find it anymore.

The purple Great Value cleaner must have came before me, because I don't remember it. I don't think Great Value's had an entry in the floor/all purpose cleaner category in that time.... at least not at my store which is not a SuperCenter (yet)....

Fabuloso is made by Colgate-Palmolive, and was actually targeted for the Latin market when it was first introduced about 4 or 5 years ago (Like it's fabric softener counterpart Suavitel), but has caught on here in America. I don't know which company manufactured the old Great Value cleaner, but it wouldn't surprise me if Fabuloso wasn't a descendant. Not much else in that aisle that's bright purple (It also comes in green, which has one of those wonderful names that someone at CP came up with after smoking crack.... Passion of Fruits!)

lb13
I actually went and got my bottle to refresh my memory, because I know at the time I tried to figure out the manufacturer. The name is actually a little more creative than "Cleaner", it's "All Purpose Cleaner". Ha! Actually, "All Purpose Cleaner Producto de limpieza Para Todo Uso". I think the Spanish is what made me think that the Fabuloso was the replacement (the manufacturer is Commercializado for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

I didn't realize that the Fabuloso, Suavitel, etc. was nationwide. I always figured that it was here because of the large Hispanic population. Even the grocery stores here have a lot of stuff with labeling in Spanish.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:25 pm

fantine33 wrote:I actually went and got my bottle to refresh my memory, because I know at the time I tried to figure out the manufacturer. The name is actually a little more creative than "Cleaner", it's "All Purpose Cleaner". Ha! Actually, "All Purpose Cleaner Producto de limpieza Para Todo Uso". I think the Spanish is what made me think that the Fabuloso was the replacement (the manufacturer is Commercializado for Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

It may not have been in the correct "demographic" for what sells in thsi area (I kid you not, our bathroom cleaner modular actually contains the word "Ethnic" in its official title by the Home Office!)

The Wal seems to be phasing out a lot of its Great Value line in the cleaning department. They're either substituting low-end name brands (Like the Spanglish stuff) or little known brands that may as well be generic. My guess is your purple stuff may have been a casualty....

lb13