Transcript 1/3/17 Lara Jenkins

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 1/3/17 Lara Jenkins

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:53 pm

Lara Jenkins
Brooklyn, NY

previously aired in second slot 9/19/16

Air Force veteran whose husband Tim is the +1 and still serving in the Air Force.

$500 :
Named for the President who commissioned it, what architectural feature stirred controversy when it was added to the White House in 1948?
A: Truman Balcony B: Nixon Satellite Dish
C: Carter Pigeon Coop D: Clinton Hot Tub
Spoiler
A: Truman Balcony

Figured out based on 1948 after an initial panic over a question that seemed hard for the level

$1000 :
Puerto Rico, The Northern Mariana Islands and Guam are on SmarterTravel.com's list for American travelers titled "Exotic Places Where You Don't Need" what?
A: Food B: Water
C: Oxygen D: A passport
Spoiler
D: A passport

$2000 :
In contrast to the ones used in NASCAR races, the cars driven in IndyCar racing do NOT have what?
A: A steering wheel B: A roof
C: Brakes D: Engines
Spoiler
B: A roof

$3000 :
Derived from a Latin word meaning "falling off," "deciduous" refers to trees that lose their leaves, and is the scientific term for what?
A: Baby teeth B: Fingernails
C: Back moles D: Leg muscles
Spoiler
A: Baby teeth
$5000 :
Scavenging outside a food factory in Wales recently, a seagull nicknamed "Gullfrazie" was turned bright orange when he fell into a large vat of what?
A: Chicken noodle soup B: Chicken tikka masala
C: Chicken mole mojo D: Chicken chimichurri
Spoiler
B: Chicken tikka masala

$7000 :
Though it's since been pushed to a bit later in the year, the Sixteenth Amendment initially designated which of the following to land on March 1st?
A: Tax Day B: Independence Day
C: Election Day D: Inauguration Day
ATA
A: 69% B: 0%
C: 8% D: 23%
Spoiler
A: Tax Day
Second break

$10K :
The total surface area of the earth is about 196.9 million square miles, but much of that is water. About how much of it is land?
A: 18.1 million square miles B: 57.3 million square miles
C: 99.1 million square miles D: 121.3 million square miles
Spoiler
B: 57.3 million square miles
$20K :
The resume of what famous British fashion designer includes creating Pharrell Williams' famous Grammys hat and dressing the Sex Pistols?
A: Diane von Furstenberg B: Betsey Johnson
C: Vera Wang D: Vivienne Westwood
+1
+1 Tim has no idea and only recognizes the name Vera Wang
50/50
50/50 left B or D
Lara guessed B
Spoiler
D: Vivienne Westwood

Lara left with $5K
last break

QotD:
Now an outdated medical test, a woman's urine was once injected into female African frogs to see if she was what?
A: Diabetic B: Pregnant
C: Anemic D: Lactose intolerant
Spoiler
B: Pregnant
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

ghostjmf

Re: Transcript 1/3/17 Lara Jenkins

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:47 pm

10K: Like contestant, I knew land was 1/3.

20K: I knew A & C were American designers. & famous for diff things. Figured fixed 50/50 would leave what it did. +1

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:52 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lara Jenkins
Brooklyn, NY

Air Force veteran whose husband Tim is the +1 and still serving in the Air Force.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$3000 :
Derived from a Latin word meaning "falling off," "deciduous" refers to trees that lose their leaves, and is the scientific term for what?
A: Baby teeth B: Fingernails
C: Back moles D: Leg muscles
Spoiler
A: Baby teeth
ABSCISSION!!!!
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$10K :
The total surface area of the earth is about 196.9 million square miles, but much of that is water. About how much of it is land?
A: 18.1 million square miles B: 57.3 million square miles
C: 99.1 million square miles D: 121.3 million square miles
Spoiler
B: 57.3 million square miles
I've heard that the land area is about 30% of the total, so B has to be the answer.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$20K :
The resume of what famous British fashion designer includes creating Pharrell Williams' famous Grammys hat and dressing the Sex Pistols?
Spoiler
50/50 left B or D
Lara guessed B

Lara left with $5K
A and C aren't British (I don't think). B was on "Dancing with the Stars" IIRC and isn't British either. That leaves D.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#4 Post by SportsFan68 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:02 pm

$5000 :
Scavenging outside a food factory in Wales recently, a seagull nicknamed "Gullfrazie" was turned bright orange when he fell into a large vat of what?
A: Chicken noodle soup B: Chicken tikka masala
C: Chicken mole mojo D: Chicken chimichurri
Spoiler
B: Chicken tikka masala
She blew me away! She knew this because she makes it all the time! I would have been sorely tempted by C -- it was chicken mole rojo, not mojo. I have no idea what Chicken chimichurri is. I guess they thought they could put it at $5,000 because of this: If there's one dish guaranteed to be on every Indian restaurant menu, it's chicken tikka masala. Having seen this, definitely ATA.
$20K :
+1
50/50
50/50 left B or D
Lara guessed B
Spoiler
Plus One.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller